IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Playing piano at a student concert tomorrow evening, and I'm already shitting my pants.

The piece is rather easy, but I haven't played any piano in front of an audience for years and I'm getting nervous !

Have a meeting with HR on Friday because I've been late (but a minute or two!) eight times since December. Not exactly in trouble nor will I get fired but man, what a hassle. And I have no valid excuses: I live merely fifteen minutes on foot from work. Other people live miles away and get there fine...

Maybe I should try...leaving the house...earlier? :emb:

Have a meeting with HR on Friday because I've been late (but a minute or two!) eight times since December. Not exactly in trouble nor will I get fired but man, what a hassle. And I have no valid excuses: I live merely fifteen minutes on foot from work. Other people live miles away and get there fine...

Ironic how that happens. Worked with a guy who literally lived a block away and was always late

Ironic how that happens. Worked with a guy who literally lived a block away and was always late

Yeah, and it pisses my boss off no end. It's not like I'm hours late! But...still, I have no excuses. Can't even blame traffic.

Yeah, and it pisses my boss off no end. It's not like I'm hours late! But...still, I have no excuses. Can't even blame traffic.

but in the back of your mind you know that if you're early.... you're at work NOT getting paid...

right?

but in the back of your mind you know that if you're early.... you're at work NOT getting paid...

right?

:beer:

And losing valuable time NOT being at work...so no regrets, really

right?

I could never let go of that back when I worked in customer service. The fact that I arrived the minute I was meant to start my shifts as opposed to 10 minutes early infuriated one of my last managers, but to me a 9am shift start means a 9am shift start. Otherwise you're losing out on an hour's pay every week. Fuck that.

right?

I could never let go of that back when I worked in customer service. The fact that I arrived the minute I was meant to start my shifts as opposed to 10 minutes early infuriated one of my last managers, but to me a 9am shift start means a 9am shift start. Otherwise you're losing out on an hour's pay every week. Fuck that.

Yeah, usually I'm there about 1-2 mins early, sometimes dead on...sadly, a few times I've been a minute or two late, and with the new digital time system, it flags as late, even if minor. Damn this digital age!

right?

:beer:

And losing valuable time NOT being at work...so no regrets, really

Damn straight!

right?

same here guys! My manager loses it that I'm here 5 minutes before start time.

My response is always the same, I'm only paid 8hrs, why would I start 30 minutes early for free?!

Edited by StephenG

I too have a problem being at work on time. I hate that it's a problem. my managers are pretty cool about it but I'm sure if I became any more inconsistent they'd crack the whip.

I just can't be fucked going to bed on time. that's the root cause of it. it's seriously one of the biggest things I'm struggling with in my life right now, absurd as it is to say. I'll stay up doing whatever, listening to music, watching movies, playing games, going out for rides and 4am pancakes, etc. being a night owl is taking years off my life.

I chipped my nail polish on a kettlebell.

Why are you wearing nail polish? lol

I bit my nails my whole life. I quit this past new year (fw success yay). But now my nails are weak as fuck and they break on everything.

Nail polish strengthens them, and I'm trying to buy some time while they (hopefully) get stronger.

I bit my nails my whole life. I quit this past new year (fw success yay). But now my nails are weak as fuck and they break on everything.

Nail polish strengthens them, and I'm trying to buy some time while they (hopefully) get stronger.

Ah, alright. That makes sense. That was a far less fabulous reason than I envisioned though :emotawesomepm9: lol.

Are there supplements or something you can take to strengthen keratin?

Ah, alright. That makes sense. That was a far less fabulous reason than I envisioned though :emotawesomepm9: lol.

Are there supplements or something you can take to strengthen keratin?

I briefly looked into that, but it seemed too much like bullshit.

I'm gonna try to shield them with polish (it's clear polish atm, so I have room to get more fabulous if need be), and wait it out. Also moisturize, just to keep the tips of my fingers healthy and happy.

EDIT: Also I live in Vancouver, and work at a library, so if anyone judges me they are a most likely being hypocritical.

Edited by Root5