IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Kitty rant:

Motherfucking cat pissed on the motherfucking carpet while I was sat there watching him do it.

At the moment he will piss in the litter tray but only shit there 50% of the time. So I'm used to scoping out when he starts scratching around and grabbing him when he squats and putting him in the litter tray.

This time it he was just sat there staring at me, battle of wills. I waited.

Fucker gets up and waddles off leaving a slowly spreading puddle behind him.

This is how I know the litter tray does not meet his (extremely fussy) hygiene standards.

Oh yeah, out of litter too. Meaning I have to go to spend my rapidly depleting funds on the expensive litter which he demands.

And another thing, yesterday I heard a crash from the bedroom and found this:

ewxhvb5.jpg

With him sitting under it all chill:

4Gh4Wks.jpg

Lil adorable cunt motherfucker

I think that cat might be half kangaroo with hind legs that can propel him to those heights.

This week my pain threshold has been tested to the limits. Started on Tuesday at the dentist with an aborted root canal. But that was nothing compared to what followed. Throughout the week i've had this swelling of the middle finger, down by the nail. It's been spreading and getting more and more painful, yesterday i had to google it and found it was a nail infection called called Paronychia. Last night it spread from the side of the nail round the skin above the nail to the point where the shape of the finger was deformed. The swelling looked similar to this picture from google, except my nail stayed normal, unlike this poor bas.

100_9843.jpg

In desperation i tried to burst it with a couple of times with a pin (which was momentarily excrutiating) thinking some fluid would come out, but just a tiny bit of blood did. That made the pain worse and i got no sleep last night because of it.

I went to A & E this morning to get a doc to drain it and eventually after he checked it out he prepped it for the scalpel, i was offered anesthetic injections into the finger but stupidly said no, wanting to get it over and done with quickly. He dug the scalpel into the skin above the nail and started cutting along, images from Martyrs started flashing in my mind, this was pain. He noted that nothing much was coming out. So repeated the process another couple of times along the circumference of the nail. I had gritted teeth so tight to stop from screaming. Worst pain i've ever had in my life. Finally, dressed the finger and gave me a packet of antibiotics and co-codemol to eat which gave me some pain relief but made me really tired, especially after not sleeping, i have 7 days of antibiotics to do until the infection has cleared up. I don't know how it began, all i can think of is i've been biting my nails and a raggy bit at the side has led to a cut which has got dirt or bike oil in it or something.

I'd never heard of Paronychia until last night, but holy muddafuckin shit, dawg...it's a name which will give me chills for the rest of this life and probably the next.

oh i got u there Schlitz

try being stuck in about foot-cubed's worth of crumpled, mangled flame-lit car for nearly 3hrs after a blow-out @ 80mph with both of your femurs forced out of your pelvis (leading to pelvis/hips fracturing into various pieces n sherds), with both femurs subsequently forced out & up into your rib cage lacerating internal organs.....add wonky breaks to tib/fib in both lower legs, dislocated knees (MRI's pending), dislocated ankle madness, compressed cheekbone, severe facial lacerations (100+ stitches, no exaggeration and the after effects take some getting used to), mega concussion and right when you think you cant handle another second the paramedics give you i.v. ketamine so instead of the pain stopping you just end up in an alternate reality IN MIND-BENDING AGONY

ps: those mechanical sheers the fire-service use to cut through metal are like summat out of a David Cronenberg nightmare

I fukcing hate when you're like creating some stuff and slowly you get uninspired and bored. Fuck it, feels worse than death. If I had a superpower it would be being fucking inspired all the time!

oh i got u there Schlitz

try being stuck in about foot-cubed's worth of crumpled, mangled flame-lit car for nearly 3hrs after a blow-out @ 80mph with both of your femurs forced out of your pelvis (leading to pelvis/hips fracturing into various pieces n sherds), with both femurs subsequently forced out & up into your rib cage lacerating internal organs.....add wonky breaks to tib/fib in both lower legs, dislocated knees (MRI's pending), dislocated ankle madness, compressed cheekbone, severe facial lacerations (100+ stitches, no exaggeration and the after effects take some getting used to), mega concussion and right when you think you cant handle another second the paramedics give you i.v. ketamine so instead of the pain stopping you just end up in an alternate reality IN MIND-BENDING AGONY

ps: those mechanical sheers the fire-service use to cut through metal are like summat out of a David Cronenberg nightmare

Jesus Tapdancing Fuckbeans

shit happens you cant prepare for, being in a unit full of amputees and paralyzed folks brings it home

the rub is that the media loves to bash the NHS in this country, but there are some incredible people working for it and give thanks to the gods that they do

edit for stoned

and cannabis has been a wonderful part of the recovery process, pho realz, like wd40 for pain friction

Edited by cwmbrancity

I keep forgetting that I posted on threads and get surprised when reading a thread and notice that I have already posted in it but I don't remember doing it.

edit: can't be arsed to write comprehensible sentences on the internet

Edited by MIXL2

The girl I'm seeing is super drunk so I had to leave a friend I was with to go meet her and take her back to mine. Took like 20 minutes to walk her around 1 corner to my flat. She then thanked me by being sick all over my new duvet and bedsheets. Spent the past half hour cleaning sick from her hair/my bath tub.

Now she's passed out whilst I'm wide awake because of all the adrenaline that kicked in trying to sort her out.

Still fancy her so I guess that's a good sign?

I am looking forward to reminding her of this in the morning tho tehe.

Also @ schlitze I get that sometimes, it is because I bite my nails for sure. It can be pretty painful and I usually end up sticking a needle in there in multiple angles and draining it. Pretty gross. I guess self-inflicted nail biting wounds is a pretty good first world problem too.

Edited by QQQ

I keep forgetting that I posted on threads and get surprised when reading a thread and notice that I have already posted in it but I don't remember doing it.

edit: can't be arsed to write comprehensible sentences on the internet

Yes, apaprently I once made a post in the Most Recent Burger thread and the notification makes me always click on it but I don't want to because that thread is greasy as fvck

oh i got u there Schlitz

Jesus Tapdancing Fuckbeans

Fucking Hell

Daylight savings time.

Ugh it's brutal right now.

Lost an hour of sleep yesterday, have to get up early as shit tomorrow, and it's 1 am and I can't sleep at all; thanks Obama.

Edited by baph

Both my external harddrives go into sleep mode after only +-2 minutes and it's getting really annoying. For example, queueing up tracks in Traktor takes 10+ seconds now because the entire drive has to start up again, all while Traktor just freezes.

I tried looking for a solution online and found out this is really common among Windows 8.1 users. Why isn't there a bug fix for this yet?!

33"x34" is a rare pant size. 32"x34" seems to be common but I would have to have one of those Korean plastic surgeons shave a little off my hip bones to get there.

I bought a $75 belt to compensate. First belt I can remember buying.

Isn't the sleep setting really easy to set up? It is on Win7.

Yeah, I got it set to 'sleep mode' after an hour of inactivity, but they still turn off after about 2. I tried a lot of other settings too, including messing with regkey but none of it is helping as of yet. Only found some dodgy freeware program that apparently fixes it, but would rather try it without, like Windows issueing an update or something.

I wonder if it's to do with the firmware on the HDD. Do they even have it?

Not sure (no firmware afaik)! This was reported for a lot of different external drives iirc, all with Windows 8.1. I used them both with Vista for years and I didn't have the problem then, started right when I got me new lappy. Driving me nuts!

maybe it has to do with daylight savings time :emotawesomepm9:

Hah, that's due for the end of March here, thanks for reminding me so I can mentally prepare that horror. Will try to convince my computers to leave the dark side in the meanwhile.

there are sometimes where I just want to drain the fucking blood out of my body in rage, and there are sometimes that I don't give a fuck. I'm losing it!!! I took an advice here about getting pro help, and I did. Well, sort of. I'm going with my university psychologist, but he only tells me "solutions" I already know and applying... I need druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggs.....

Edited by logakght

being stuck in about foot-cubed's worth of crumpled, mangled flame-lit car for nearly 3hrs after a blow-out @ 80mph with both of your femurs forced out of your pelvis (leading to pelvis/hips fracturing into various pieces n sherds), with both femurs subsequently forced out & up into your rib cage lacerating internal organs.....add wonky breaks to tib/fib in both lower legs, dislocated knees (MRI's pending), dislocated ankle madness, compressed cheekbone, severe facial lacerations (100+ stitches, no exaggeration and the after effects take some getting used to), mega concussion and right when you think you cant handle another second the paramedics give you i.v. ketamine so instead of the pain stopping you just end up in an alternate reality IN MIND-BENDING AGONY

I want to nominate this for Most IDM 2015, but feel like I shouldn't hijack it without cwmbancity's vote of approval. It would be one hell of a comp. Whattayasay, cwmbancity?