IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

its whole system is designed to disproportionally reward the most popular and consensual and to remove dissenting/obscure/extreme/minority opinions from sight...

you could sort by "controversial", but nobody does that. Redditors would rather just upvote the hilarious string of puns right at the top of every topic. upvote whoring just fucks everything up. there was a time when, whenever school holidays or whatever rolled around, the entire frontpage would be full of just AdviceAnimals. like every post on the first two pages. it got so bad that I think admin intervened and clamped down on it.

kids needa understand, voting is not always the ideal way to go about things.

Good lord that page: Today I Learned, is essentially people just people posting random wikipedia links. What kind of fucking knowledge is that? Trivial Pursuit/pub quiz enthusiasts must love it I guess?

to be fair, TIL is pretty much trivia, there are other far better sources of knowledge on Reddit, like /r/askscience which is usually decent and has comments from qualified (I hope) professionals in the fields relevant to the topic being discussed. but again, a lot of it just disappears from mind as soon as you click on the next topic, hardly any of it is retained. not by me, anyway. I can't recall a single thing I picked up from reading that subreddit, although I do recall appreciating it.

I just need to finish these last chapters of my fucking thesis, but I'm stuck, it's like my main question is the wrong one, I'm looking at things from the wrong angle, but I can't really change my course anymore

I feel like I'm so bad at this shit. Writing this stuff all feels so redundant, which doesnt help. my life has been revolving around this shit for almost a year now it's driving me crazy

My wife tried to filter warm water from the tap in our brita pitcher. What the fuck kind of monster did I marry?

is it above 38 degrees? if not calm your tits dollsnatch

"Hot water: Don’t filter water that is over 100°F/38°C. Hot water may release some contaminants that could be found in your tap water. Also, running hot water through the unit can severely diminish the system’s filtration abilities. If this happens, you should replace your Brita® faucet filter to ensure you enjoy all of Brita®’s filtration benefits." http://m.brita.com/product-care

I have 2 projects I want to do:

1. A "visual novel" RPG style, like To The Moon, with Python (for a class).
  2. 3 stories about ghosts or fantastical shit for a contest about it.

I have until April. I'm starting to feel a bit stressed. And the shitiest part is that those are only important to me.

This track I'm listening right now defines how I feel atm :~]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i-Klr2ea-o

Edited by logakght

My wife tried to filter warm water from the tap in our brita pitcher. What the fuck kind of monster did I marry?

is it above 38 degrees? if not calm your tits dollsnatch

"Hot water: Don’t filter water that is over 100°F/38°C. Hot water may release some contaminants that could be found in your tap water. Also, running hot water through the unit can severely diminish the system’s filtration abilities. If this happens, you should replace your Brita faucet filter to ensure you enjoy all of Brita’s filtration benefits." http://m.brita.com/product-care

Yeah, I'd just been washing dishes, or "washing up wiv bleedin fairy liquid or sommat but am I even bovvered" as you say, so it was probably above 40 C. Edited by baph

I cannot sleep in past 7am even if out drinking moderately until late. The fucked up part that's a little bittersweet, I wake up feeling not tired at all but gain no pleasure from sleep and really intense dreams to sometimes lucid dreaming. I cannot remember the last stretch of time I was happy with my sleep quality until lately, but I really can't complain. Although sleeping does nothing for me anymore in the "ahh, relaxation" way, I feel like I'm very well rested off 5-7 hours of sleep and wake up really early for no reason.

I am a month into the healing process of a septoplasty, sinuplasty and turbinate reduction and am breathing out of my nose like a normal person for the first time in years... My right nostril/airway used to be 25% open at max and I had an enlarged and inflamed sinus filled with horrible things and opening from my maxillary sinus that they took down by a decent amount of size by opening the sinus more

I feel like the two are related, and I know sleep is very heavily impacted by breathing, but it's just a very foreign and odd problem and it's making me lose track of my horse bets at the horse track. I've lost two monocles already, I simply must stop being so worried about my sleep for odd reasons

tumblr_m42e4dj5kW1rw7c5no1_400.gif

1stworldlife

worked hard all day and at the end one of my bosses got on my case for some stupid shit. I feel extraordinarily low down about it for some reason. I just wanna be good at my job. oh well.

worked hard all day and at the end one of my bosses got on my case for some stupid shit. I feel extraordinarily low down about it for some reason. I just wanna be good at my job. oh well.

I hate when this happens.... I'll work really hard all week when my superiors are away on vacation or in another city or whatever, then when they come back they will give me a hard time about some completely minuscule problem.

tl;dr I know how you feel man.

that reflects more poorly on them than it does on you. only a shitty/manipulative boss gets one of their staff offside by disregarding their hard work and making a fuss about irrelevant shit.

thanks dudes.

to be fair my bosses are usually cool about everything, but i don't think they realize how much of my work goes into cleaning up their own blunders, so when i mess something up, i hope they understand that... but today didn't give me that impression. whatevs though, i'm going in on my day off tomorrow for a meeting at 7:30 am (that no one announced until today), so i'll fix the issues they had today while i'm there and if they have anything else to say, they can tell it to my balls. :D

i found this coffee at my corner shop which is literally the best coffee i've ever tasted. when i ran out i went to buy more but found that that had kept the same brand but now had a different range from that brand. it's still good coffee but not anywhere near as good. they don't seem to sell it anywhere else.

waiting for a girl to answer.

not a fwp.

I also invited a chick to a date. It was supposed to be on last friday, but she said that her uncle suffered something and all the family would go to see him, lel, so cancelling the date. She said also that "for other day" and that "talk later" and I'm still waiting her to talk to me.

girls are tuff innit

oh well, I got time

she said no.

meh.

I keep seeing inane anti-marijuana articles being posted by my local newspaper's Facebook page. Whoever's posting them is doing a pathetic job convincing the public that marijuana is bad, given how there's backlash every time.

Granted it's very rare I touch it, but it already got legalized here last week. I wish they'd fire the chicken brains who are posting such stupid crap, but then that would go against the doctrine of free speech. Oh well.

Edited by ambermonk

wisdom teeth ripping out in 20 mins....

on the plus side I managed to get two days off work for it.

Second fwp I'm so far behind on my homework I have to use these two days off to basically study for 12hrs each day.

I have a gripe about lighters...there were these Colt lighters that used to be so good that you managed to lose them before they ran out, but then they changed something made them child proof or someshit and they now suck ass.

I really fucking hate my job... I work part-time in retail at a store for a shoe company that shall remain nameless, I've had most of the week off since corporate has forced management to significantly cut hours for everyone lately (another reason I need to quit). Apparently earlier this week they got secret shopped and failed miserably like a 16/100 score for our service. Now to my logic I had nothing to do with that with the whole not being there and all and it being different associates who got shopped. Despite this, upon returning to work today I get grilled like it's my fucking fault my co-workers are incompetent! Even after pointing this out I still get lectured further. I'm SO over this job, and have been actively looking for better jobs, I can't wait to quit this bullshit.

Edited by ghOsty