IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

left a nasty clog in the best university bathroom (it's new and clean and yet undiscovered by most) after taking a huge dump. i haven't resolved it because the poop cleaning stick was too short so i couldn't have unclogged it without getting my hand into the shit water with my turds, and my bus was about to come so i didn't have time to come with other solutions.

and now i have an irrational fear that i will be tracked via dna and publicly shamed for this.

I thought Israel was a first world country? What first world university has poop cleaning sticks in the bathroom?

i meant this thing:

N5.jpeg

is it too uncool to have in a first world university bathroom?

They had a cleaning stick but not a plunger?

If it's any consolation, I live in England and we have warnings at my workplace toilets because some disgusting bastard keeps shitting over the side of the toilet.

Makes you wonder how some people were raised, you know? I mean, it's not like there's multiple holes to choose from...

If it's any consolation, I live in England and we have warnings at my workplace toilets because some disgusting bastard keeps shitting over the side of the toilet.

Makes you wonder how some people were raised, you know? I mean, it's not like there's multiple holes to choose from...

In that case it's a matter of which hole those people came out of. Actually I think I completely misinterpreted "holes" in this instance.

In that case it's a matter of which hole those people came out of. Actually I think I completely misinterpreted "holes" in this instance.

As did the person that keeps shitting on the floor. Ey! :emotawesomepm9:

Gaaaaaaaaawd fucking damnit!!!

Spent all day working on a new track. Decided to restart Logic because it was bugging out. When it got back on its legs one of my plugins had reset itself. Fuck everything.

I have 8 different delicious looking beers to choose from and I don't know where to start. One of them I've had before (a delicious IPA from Burnside in Portland) but the others are all new to me. I'm thinking the Belgian heffeweizen, but I have no lemon.

I started with the hefeweizen after all. Then moved on to a delicious quadrocinno (basically a quadruppel infused with coffee) and am now contemplating a lighter dubbel to round off the evening.

I'm starting to loathe news outlets today. The stories are just too sensationalized anymore, as if the line between news and reality TV is thinning. I don't like to dwell on conspiracy theories, but it seems like a tactic to dumb down the masses, or at least distract them from world problems that matter, like all the civil unrest in CAR, South Sudan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc. Who gives a shit if some rich dude wants to be a woman or some white lady wants to be black. Stories like those should NOT take precedence over massive loss of human life. Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

I'm starting to loathe news outlets today. The stories are just too sensationalized anymore, as if the line between news and reality TV is thinning. I don't like to dwell on conspiracy theories, but it seems like a tactic to dumb down the masses, or at least distract them from world problems that matter, like all the civil unrest in CAR, South Sudan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc. Who gives a shit if some rich dude wants to be a woman or some white lady wants to be black. Stories like those should NOT take precedence over massive loss of human life. Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

I don't remember a time when this wasn't the case.

I started with the hefeweizen after all. Then moved on to a delicious quadrocinno (basically a quadruppel infused with coffee) and am now contemplating a lighter dubbel to round off the evening.

Think this should be moved to fwa.

my girlfriend convinced me to buy the amazon "echo" talking home robot speaker thingy a few months back and it just arrived today. I am mortified that something is listening to me all the time, but still intrigued. Not sure if FWP or FWS.

First thing I did was ask her to open the pod bay doors and she told me she's not HAL and I'm not in space. good retort imo.

Edited by luke viia

I just watched Going Clear for a second time, this time with my parents, hoping to provoke a bit of thoughtful discussion. afterwards we got into a relatively polite but ultimately fruitless argument concerning the nature of irrational belief/dogma, and the consequences of acting on them, which imo are the real takeaways from the doco aside from the obvious excellent exposé of Scientology. I'm disappointed that they didn't really take much away from it themselves, whereas my stance on refusing total certainty in beliefs I cannot test is stronger than ever.

the whole thing inevitably raises questions about how possible it is to even be certain in this world. which then means that, if you can't be certain of anything, it can be impossible to find meaning or hope in anything you do. I dunno, some people find lack of belief/certainty liberating because it opens up possibilities, but as an ex-religious person I do not. I find it crushing in that it infuses everything with a sense of ultimate futility. what you thought you knew about the world isn't true, and maybe nothing means anything after all.

every day I lose more hope in the ability of human beings to transcend their fundamental weaknesses, and consequently, to truly make the world a better place for us all. but then again I don't know what I was hoping to get out of showing a documentary to my parents, it's hardly a great work in human improvement. our relationships are relatively healthy these days but we can never truly agree on our worldviews, and it depresses me when we can't find a common understanding and respect for each others' worldviews.

Edited by usagi

I just watched Going Clear for a second time, this time with my parents, hoping to provoke a bit of thoughtful discussion. afterwards we got into a relatively polite but ultimately fruitless argument concerning the nature of irrational belief/dogma, and the consequences of acting on them, which imo are the real takeaways from the doco aside from the obvious excellent exposé of Scientology. I'm disappointed that they didn't really take much away from it themselves, whereas my stance on refusing total certainty in beliefs I cannot test is stronger than ever.

the whole thing inevitably raises questions about how possible it is to even be certain in this world. which then means that, if you can't be certain of anything, it can be impossible to find meaning or hope in anything you do. I dunno, some people find lack of belief/certainty liberating because it opens up possibilities, but as an ex-religious person I do not. I find it crushing in that it infuses everything with a sense of ultimate futility. what you thought you knew about the world isn't true, and maybe nothing means anything after all.

every day I lose more hope in the ability of human beings to transcend their fundamental weaknesses, and consequently, to truly make the world a better place for us all. but then again I don't know what I was hoping to get out of showing a documentary to my parents, it's hardly a great work in human improvement. our relationships are relatively healthy these days but we can never truly agree on our worldviews, and it depresses me when we can't find a common understanding and respect for each others' worldviews.

/shares some bourbons or vodkas or whatever with usagi

What is disappointing to me is that people need that one particular belief system that they grew up with, there's a plethora of religious and philosophical options out there should you be so inclined, why don't people look up what their ancestors were worshipping and restart that (without all the nasty bits), all religions are new compared to the beliefs of the ancients, and aren't we supposed to respect these things because of their 'age' and so therefore conferred respectability. Or how about making up your own religion, why not, it'd be cool and personalized to your personality and needs.

Mostly though it's all about having all the answers laid out for you, so not having to consider these questions, it's all tied up and put in a do not bother with basket in the minds of the bulk adherents in the same place where they store their preprepared opinions on politics and economics. Then it's all the social and emotional connections and interconnections and so the fear of being isolated on a conscious or likely subconscious that level prevents that basket from being opened, all those questions that the inquiring mind of the child had, are subsequently overlaid with the tarmac of dogma.

I grew up in an atheist household, so never really had to rebel against religion, i have considered whether i would have remained a believer or not and to be honest i don't know, for the reasons described above, perhaps i would have stayed in the faith too. It is something that a modern society scrubs from it's members over the generations eventually though. I would like if the ancient philosophies were taught in late primary school right about when that inquiring mind starts really firing up, along with rhetoric and some basic political theory, and real history not that fluff they piss about with now. That way everyone will live with their baskets open and overflowing, so that we find ourselves partaking in a picnic of ideas, rather than the current state of affairs where we deal with fucking basketcases everywhere.

Went to the hospital for a simple tuberculosis test that i needed to take for school. Ended up waiting an hour, nurse asks a few questions and injects me with something to see if it will swell, 2 minutes tops. Go in a few days later for the reading. End up waiting 45 minutes and ask whats up cuz i know the reading takes like a minute tops. Really annoying seeing 10-20 people get admitted before me, even though they showed up later. Get sent over to another suite and another nurse reads theres no TB, gives me paperwork.

So almost 2 hour wait for a 3 minute test, thanks obama.

I'm in a cheapo hotel/hostel in Costa Rica and I want to go to eat somewhere but there's some American girl having a meltdown outside my room and I'm too embarrassed to go out now.

Also saw a Mike Paradinas look-alike at the airport yesterday, had a British accent, was with a relatively small young girl..