stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my rabbit keeps biting my arse

Don't keep your arse near the rabbit nor the rabbit at arse level

hahaha! classic. :derp: it's even in there! "what's it do, nibble your bum?"

thanks for all the support guys.

bitey pets are such a fwp

Edited by IrisAndTheLens

Goddamn C++ making me do the compiler's job... It's 2015, get rid of header files already, jesus

We have drones and virtual reality and fucking smarter than humans AI but C++ apparently can't figure out what to do when class A includes class B and class B also includes class A.... URGH

Ate fish and chips at a pub last night and I'm glued to the porcelain this morning. Half an hour so far with no signs of it letting up. Wish me luck.

I ate something bad in a Havana bar couple of weeks ago and had the shits for a week until I was put on an anti-parasitic medicine in Panama. Also had a fever for the first day.

#thirdworldproblems

Ate fish and chips at a pub last night and I'm glued to the porcelain this morning. Half an hour so far with no signs of it letting up. Wish me luck.

I ate something bad in a Havana bar couple of weeks ago and had the shits for a week until I was put on an anti-parasitic medicine in Panama. Also had a fever for the first day.

#thirdworldproblems

That sounds rough as fuck. I'm still feeling the aftermath a day later. Have a full day of drinking ahead of me as well which won't help the situation, but ah well. Full steam ahead.

my friend said the girl he's seeing thinks her rich boyfriend is a member of "opus dei." i have no idea what that is and i feel like a fresh n00b. but also i do not want to google opus dei.

my friend said the girl he's seeing thinks her rich boyfriend is a member of "opus dei." i have no idea what that is and i feel like a fresh n00b. but also i do not want to google opus dei.

they're a crazy right wing catholic organisation.

is he the rich boyfriend or is there a 3rd party

Spent the morning trying to convince some clients that they wanted a 64kbps MP3 and not a 64kbps WAV file. Apparently, someone must have told them WAV files are better than MP3s, but a 64kbps WAV (8kHz x 8bit = 64kbps) file is certainly NOT better than an 64kbps MP3.

Then, after 11 months, I finally receive my work computer. A brand new MacBook Pro. I then ask around for our Adobe license so I can install Adobe Audition. I end up at our HR guy who then starts going through all his documents and he can't find anything. He then says, "Oh, but 2-3 weeks we're going to hire a new graphical guy... and he's going to need that Adobe license". Well, duh, you fucking moron, I need the license now so I can work. He couldn't make up his mind on what to do, so he ended up saying that I should ask my boss what to do. My boss tells me to buy the license. Easy as that. I then ask our credit card girl if she knows if we have an App Store account. She doesn't. She then passes me on to the HR guy again, and he doesn't know either, so he passes me on to my other boss, who says we don't have an App Store account, but that I should ask my other boss about it. I then ask him, then he goes back to my other boss and asks him what to do, which then leads to him going to our finance guy who tells him what to do.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!!

Spent the morning trying to convince some clients that they wanted a 64kbps MP3 and not a 64kbps WAV file. Apparently, someone must have told them WAV files are better than MP3s, but a 64kbps WAV (8kHz x 8bit = 64kbps) file is certainly NOT better than an 64kbps MP3.

Then, after 11 months, I finally receive my work computer. A brand new MacBook Pro. I then ask around for our Adobe license so I can install Adobe Audition. I end up at our HR guy who then starts going through all his documents and he can't find anything. He then says, "Oh, but 2-3 weeks we're going to hire a new graphical guy... and he's going to need that Adobe license". Well, duh, you fucking moron, I need the license now so I can work. He couldn't make up his mind on what to do, so he ended up saying that I should ask my boss what to do. My boss tells me to buy the license. Easy as that. I then ask our credit card girl if she knows if we have an App Store account. She doesn't. She then passes me on to the HR guy again, and he doesn't know either, so he passes me on to my other boss, who says we don't have an App Store account, but that I should ask my other boss about it. I then ask him, then he goes back to my other boss and asks him what to do, which then leads to him going to our finance guy who tells him what to do.

And all of them will probably receive a performance bonus

giphy.gif

milton-office-space-stapler-i19.jpg

i just got a new computer at work and i'm having a sorry old time installing FUCKING AUTOCAD. stupid piece of shit program and its idiotic license issues. rhino on the other hand is incredibly easy to use/install/skirt around license issues. its the perfect program. everything about it.

Here's a follow up post to yesterday's bullshit.

The very first thing I do is to ask our finance guy whose name I should create the App Store account in. He gives me the info, I go create the account and set it up to his email address. I then ask him to click on the confirmation mail, but because he's fixing everyone's salery today he doesn't have time to fucking forward me the email. So again I'm stuck... working on my own personal MacBook Pro... for the 11th month in a row.

Also, the office I was supposed to move all my shit into is being used as a meeting room and has been booked all day.

Oh, and another thing, we've gone through this value course over the last couple of months. It's been fucking terrible. They've created these fictional characters called "Winnie Wow", "Sitting Responsibull", "Charlie Challenger" etc. that represent our values. It's fucking cringeworthy. Anyway, they wanted us to focus on creating "wow" (to impress clients etc.), to challenge our status quo and so on and so on. It's fine and all but why treat us like fucking kids? Winnie Wow? Give me a fucking break.

Well anyway, our very last assignment was to go around to some colleagues who are ambassadors for some of the values and ask them for help in certain situations. Come on now, people... I know how to fucking behave, and since I'm the only sound engineer at the office I know how deal with the problems I run into.

But, because I didn't complete the last assignment, my boss refuses to give me my course diploma, hahahaha.

Omg that sounds even more terrible than my job. Fortunately, next week is my last. Can you find a new job with people that aren't complete idiots?

This new tapatalk update injects ads into the middle of the thread which are hard to scroll past without accidentally hitting with your finger, for obvious reasons.

I've held out for pretty long, but fuck it, I'm done.

Omg that sounds even more terrible than my job. Fortunately, next week is my last. Can you find a new job with people that aren't complete idiots?

It's pretty much impossible. I got this job out of pure luck. I applied for a job that I knew wasn't for me but my boss wanted me to be the company's sound engineer. And ever since I got the job 11 months there has only been one job ad with any sort of relevance for me and I didn't get the job.

Did you find a new job?

Damn man, hang in there, something better is bound to come up one day. I got lucky and the new job found me, otherwise I'd still be just raging about how bad it is.