IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

bosses asking me how to do their jobs, making me do their job and mine, making salary while I make basically WA minimum wage...

To quote wattm of olde, COMMON PEOPLE

that said, they are nice people

Got pretty drunk at a friend's bday thing last night and stayed at his place. Woke up this morning to find a picture frame had fallen off the shelf next to my head and broke my glasses in two.

Severely confused, because I have no idea how it could have happened. Earthquake?

And now I have to pay for a broken picture frame I didn't even break. Wtf.

Earwigs are eating my mint plant! I tried spraying the mint with insecticidal soap but it ended up burning the new growth tips and making everything worse! UENGOAUINEGOPISJNPOSIJERGPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

edit spling mstke

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

Spent the morning trying to convince some clients that they wanted a 64kbps MP3 and not a 64kbps WAV file. Apparently, someone must have told them WAV files are better than MP3s, but a 64kbps WAV (8kHz x 8bit = 64kbps) file is certainly NOT better than an 64kbps MP3.

Then, after 11 months, I finally receive my work computer. A brand new MacBook Pro. I then ask around for our Adobe license so I can install Adobe Audition. I end up at our HR guy who then starts going through all his documents and he can't find anything. He then says, "Oh, but 2-3 weeks we're going to hire a new graphical guy... and he's going to need that Adobe license". Well, duh, you fucking moron, I need the license now so I can work. He couldn't make up his mind on what to do, so he ended up saying that I should ask my boss what to do. My boss tells me to buy the license. Easy as that. I then ask our credit card girl if she knows if we have an App Store account. She doesn't. She then passes me on to the HR guy again, and he doesn't know either, so he passes me on to my other boss, who says we don't have an App Store account, but that I should ask my other boss about it. I then ask him, then he goes back to my other boss and asks him what to do, which then leads to him going to our finance guy who tells him what to do.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!!

giphy.gif

my laptop screen seems to have a stubborn/dead pixel... anyone have experience fixing these? do those color strobe videos really work?

Went to the post office earlier today hoping my ticket for the Ae show in Vancouver arrived, but I got a letter from the IRS instead, saying I still owe them money. I know damn well I filed my taxes for last year tho.

Went to the post office earlier today hoping my ticket for the Ae show in Vancouver arrived, but I got a letter from the IRS instead, saying I still owe them money. I know damn well I filed my taxes for last year tho.

Was this guy the one deliverying your ticket?

There was no internet at the office for a good chunk of the day. So I did stuff that didn't require any internet to be done then I've played like 20 games of Solitaire. i've won 3. What a day.

familial Jack Russell staying @ my manor while folks are away - there's a reason why Terriers are named as such

get home early, let the fucker out to do his creaturing creature ways, 5mins later a massive hole's been dug out and soil strewn all around the back garden like some maniac archaeologist gone berzerk

cheers bwlad

More FB frustration. This is probably the third time now this year it seems like my comment to a "friend's" post has been deliberately ignored. Seems like only subscribed pages are worth commenting on anymore. Feel like I need to pull the damn plug on my FB soon.

And if I do that, you guys won't have to hear me whinge about it anymore.

gear that won't fucking sync. or midi > sync converter that won't fucking work i don't know

and catched a cold

Edited by Berk

More FB frustration. This is probably the third time now this year it seems like my comment to a "friend's" post has been deliberately ignored. Seems like only subscribed pages are worth commenting on anymore. Feel like I need to pull the damn plug on my FB soon.

And if I do that, you guys won't have to hear me whinge about it anymore.

I also really, really want to deactivate (not delete, atm) my FB account. I simply can't stand the immense garbage my feed has, like stupid "friends" posts, fucking meme-click baits, general "happiness"/stupidity... But I fucking can't because all my coworkers and classmates use it, and I need to communicate with them. Fucking shit. But someday I will, maybe not in a near future, but I will, no doubt.

Also, yeah, I find interesting how people is affected by FB in a psychological way. It's like the ultimate "bullshit parade" where if a person has a lot of likes, he/she feels like a fucking god. And the Pages, oh lewl; many fucks think that they've founded the next multibillion company just because the created a new Facebook Page. Holy lol.

Still maybe I'm not a "social network" human. I sometimes envy those who can use FB "correctly" / without feeling depressed.

Edited by logakght

left a nasty clog in the best university bathroom (it's new and clean and yet undiscovered by most) after taking a huge dump. i haven't resolved it because the poop cleaning stick was too short so i couldn't have unclogged it without getting my hand into the shit water with my turds, and my bus was about to come so i didn't have time to come with other solutions.

and now i have an irrational fear that i will be tracked via dna and publicly shamed for this.

left a nasty clog in the best university bathroom (it's new and clean and yet undiscovered by most) after taking a huge dump. i haven't resolved it because the poop cleaning stick was too short so i couldn't have unclogged it without getting my hand into the shit water with my turds, and my bus was about to come so i didn't have time to come with other solutions.

and now i have an irrational fear that i will be tracked via dna and publicly shamed for this.

call from a stranger's phone and leave a message for the janitorial staff IMO

probably should speak in a contrived southern US accent just to throw them off your (fecal) scent

I thought Israel was a first world country? What first world university has poop cleaning sticks in the bathroom?

I thought Israel was a first world country? What first world university has poop cleaning sticks in the bathroom?

i meant this thing:

N5.jpeg

is it too uncool to have in a first world university bathroom?

It's either a good idea or it isn't, given the number and variety of people using the bathrooms, perhaps giving them one more thing to fuck up and fuck around with is not such a good idea because someone is going to misuse it, not flush on it to rinse it out, leaving the bathroom in a worse state than just having the side of the toilet smeared with dried arse leavings which should be gone within half an hour anyway if you have a regular cleaner, or just through other people coming along and flushing. I can see that in an office environment away from the uncertainties of a broader public that having a toilet scrubber is a good idea, even though there is the occasional dickhead in an office team, at least you can email everybody with the purpose of getting that one loser in line.

/time wastee post out

Yeah we have these people called janitors. They get paid not enough money to clean up after others.

My FWP today-someone on the bus is listening to godawful pop at high volumes.

Yeah we have these people called janitors. They get paid not enough money to clean up after others.

My FWP today-someone on the bus is listening to godawful pop at high volumes.

Well at least you can enjoy the fact that they are ruining their hearing. That of course is a rather nebulous route to satisfaction and somewhat overshadowed by the fact that you have to deal with cuntly and his 'choons' in the here and now.

Despite that this year has been great in my personal growth, I still need to find more balance. I have some problems with school and work, but I've been learning valuable lessons. Really, I feel so scared and happy at the same time, but I guess I'm learning what life actually is.

My hairband broke, not wanting to look like a long lost descendent of the house of bourbon i must now traverse the wasteland that is the distance from the warm embrace of the couch to the cold outer climes whereupon my bathroom cabinet containing fresh hairbands is to be found. There i must face the powerful negative force that is the mirror affixed to the exterior of the cabinet, if i leave the light off maybe i'll be fine, feel me way through to the right spot hoping that i won't cut myself on assorted hair scissors or used razor blades.

flirst blurd plobroms.