IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Well I didn't get jack shit done today, partly due to the new network not being completely configured and partly because they've jumped on that terrible "open seating" bandwagon that makes it pretty fucking difficult to focus on anything.

Ugh my office is moving to an "open" floor plan (well except the execs of course). They're shit.

Sorry to hear that man. And yeah of course not the fucking execs. Meanwhile the execs are all, oh, you can move your desks where you want, as long as you're with your team, and it's in a "collaborative" configuration. Like, do you want me to "collaborate" or do you want me to get my fucking work done? Cos I work best when I can hear my own thoughts and not have someone asking for my help or validation every 5 minutes. I thought I was there to get work done and make them money, not be some kind of well-adjusted social butterfly.

I can already tell I'm going to be completely miserable and my performance is going to suffer. Fuck this shit.

I wouldn't jump the gun on quitting, sometimes things change after everyone gets settled in. Also, you might want to tell your coworkers what your needs are, or maybe try sitting with a quiet group of people in the corner, idk

Well I didn't get jack shit done today, partly due to the new network not being completely configured and partly because they've jumped on that terrible "open seating" bandwagon that makes it pretty fucking difficult to focus on anything.

Ugh my office is moving to an "open" floor plan (well except the execs of course). They're shit.

Sorry to hear that man. And yeah of course not the fucking execs. Meanwhile the execs are all, oh, you can move your desks where you want, as long as you're with your team, and it's in a "collaborative" configuration. Like, do you want me to "collaborate" or do you want me to get my fucking work done? Cos I work best when I can hear my own thoughts and not have someone asking for my help or validation every 5 minutes. I thought I was there to get work done and make them money, not be some kind of well-adjusted social butterfly.

I can already tell I'm going to be completely miserable and my performance is going to suffer. Fuck this shit.

I wouldn't jump the gun on quitting, sometimes things change after everyone gets settled in. Also, you might want to tell your coworkers what your needs are, or maybe try sitting with a quiet group of people in the corner, idk

yeah i agree with this, an addendum to my post should be that you don't disagree with stupid requests from management, you just don't implement them after a while no one remembers the request in the first place. He won't be able to change the open plan bS though.

Problem is, I've been with this company for a long time, so the relationships have already sort of formed and it's awkward to set boundaries. I do really like almost everyone I work with. But you're right, when we're all arse up against each other we really need to define those boundaries.

I do feel somewhat undervalued & underpaid but the benefits are quite good and I still feel like I'm learning a fair amount, although that is slowing down somewhat compared to a few months ago, and further I'm starting to feel less interested in the things I'm learning. Like, Javascript is awesome, web development in general is OK, but I'm losing real interest in the stuff we're doing, and I'm starting to wonder if I couldn't do some programming more related to music or the like.

delet I think you have a point about the ubiquity of the own-fart-smelling management types that think they're pretty clever for the way they shuffle the pawns around. I'm starting to feel like I need to be my own boss but I'm sure that has a completely new set of problems to deal with.

I will stick with it for a while, I mean it will probably be until next year until I'm able to find a new gig anyway. I did get contacted on LinkedIn over the weekend by a former coworker who was asking if I was "board" (sic) at the current company. lol. Haven't replied yet but the grass honestly isn't looking much greener there. I'd rather take my time and find a really good fit this time around.

Kinda burnt out with my job as well. Good boss, good crew, but laughable pay compared to other potentially available options. Can't gripe about the benefits tho.

That stupid "musical self-consciousness" thread I started yesterday probably should've just been a single post to this one. Guess it's time to quit worrying about inane insecurity bullshit. If someone asks who my favorite band is, I might as well just tell them straight up from now on. Different tastes in music aren't a deal breaker in forming strong relationships with others.

That stupid "musical self-consciousness" thread I started yesterday probably should've just been a single post to this one. Guess it's time to quit worrying about inane insecurity bullshit. If someone asks who my favorite band is, I might as well just tell them straight up from now on. Different tastes in music aren't a deal breaker in forming strong relationships with others.

More and more I become convinced

that Zen is the answer to Western Neuroticism

(Which I see as a truly insidious disease

that prevents us from being truly spontaneous,

and from being in tune with ourselves)

Edited by LimpyLoo

people have been calling work to complain that one of our ice creams looks like it has a bell end. apparently it's disturbing for children.

X+Pop+rocket.jpg

As srupid as it may be, it's understandable. Concerned parents wouldn't be comfortable with something that looks like a dong going in their child's mouth.

Yeah, collaboartive seating situations only work for 50% of the workforce (extroverts). Introverts will suffer.

Exactly.

Because it's extroverts who come up with these ideas to begin with, as they often up in upper management positions due to their natural charisma. They mean well, but they don't always get it.

people have been calling work to complain that one of our ice creams looks like it has a bell end. apparently it's disturbing for children.

X+Pop+rocket.jpg

As srupid as it may be, it's understandable. Concerned parents wouldn't be comfortable with something that looks like a dong going in their child's mouth.

people eat bananas, no problem there? lol

I dreamt a melody and remembered it once, quickly jotted it down with piano in reason. It was exceptionally mediocre.

but your music isn't, so i refuse to believe that you couldn't dream wonderment .. big up yoeslef.

X+Pop+rocket.jpg

people eat bananas, no problem there? lol

bloody PC nazi mother fuckers, once upon a time it was the christian of a totalitarian bent, now it's the liberal of a totalitarian bent, same genes, same bullshit, different era, different not really thought about too deeply dressing. Can you not just ignore these people. Cause that would be a rather diseased bellend, if we were to give the thought the time of day.

Maybe you could use it as a media stunt to popularize your ice lollies amongst the hip youth, tell the tele all about the email (it was probably a letter), get big press, make sales, get promotion, buy dleet a rum for the suggestion.