IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've got such a good life, tons of people that care about me, an education, a great job (actually it's a shit job but it pays wayyyy too much to complain about it), etc... but roughly 2/7 days a week I think about how easy it would be to quit life.

I think I'm safe as in I'd never actually take next steps, but it's fucked up that I think about things like that. Even when thinking, I know how wrong it is.

I feel like an ungrateful piece of shit sometimes when I think this way but I honestly don't seem to be able to control it, the thoughts just pop into my head.

Is this a medical condition? This has been going on for years. These thoughts are why I tend to medicate with booze etc.

I'm no therapist, so any advice I give is half-assed at best. But you're already doing the right thing by talking about it.

I've had moments of self-doubt in my twenties too, including thoughts about "pulling the plug". But when my step brother went that route last New Year's, I realized how wasteful that is. Because we still have so many years ahead of us, and so much potential for what we can produce and offer to the world as individuals.

Maybe it takes getting outside one's comfort zone and trying different things from time to time. Or just hanging out with friends, like last Saturday.

Just know you're not alone when you find yourself in moments of self-doubt, cos it's more common than we might think. But definitely don't be afraid to address it with people you trust.

Kicked in the front teeth playing soccer, one of them crooked and killed the nerve, now I have to get a root canal which is at least 600 American bucks.

Ugh, I've had a few root canal's myself. The root canal is about $600, but it's ANOTHER $600 if you get a crown!

I've got such a good life, tons of people that care about me, an education, a great job (actually it's a shit job but it pays wayyyy too much to complain about it), etc... but roughly 2/7 days a week I think about how easy it would be to quit life.

I think I'm safe as in I'd never actually take next steps, but it's fucked up that I think about things like that. Even when thinking, I know how wrong it is.

I feel like an ungrateful piece of shit sometimes when I think this way but I honestly don't seem to be able to control it, the thoughts just pop into my head.

Is this a medical condition? This has been going on for years. These thoughts are why I tend to medicate with booze etc.

I'm no therapist, so any advice I give is half-assed at best. But you're already doing the right thing by talking about it.

I've had moments of self-doubt in my twenties too, including thoughts about "pulling the plug". But when my step brother went that route last New Year's, I realized how wasteful that is. Because we still have so many years ahead of us, and so much potential for what we can produce and offer to the world as individuals.

Maybe it takes getting outside one's comfort zone and trying different things from time to time. Or just hanging out with friends, like last Saturday.

Just know you're not alone when you find yourself in moments of self-doubt, cos it's more common than we might think. But definitely don't be afraid to address it with people you trust.

Those are all really good points actually, thank you. Maybe a lot of it is needing to find purpose in life, as in what I can do for others.

I've volunteered quite a bit in the past, it always makes me feel good. Maybe I should do more of that.

Do any of you find that you had more purpose after having children? Does life click after that?

also, what do you do for a living? i've never been clear on what it is you do that makes so much money.

I help manage a manufacturing plant. Very easy job, not fulfilling. I need something more challenging, I think that's adding to the depression actually.

Do any of you find that you had more purpose after having children? Does life click after that?

You should never have children to validate your own existence. If you are suffering from depression, one of the worst things you could do would be to have a child.

You should never have children to validate your own existence. If you are suffering from depression, one of the worst things you could do would be to have a child.

Oh I know, I would never do that! That's a recipe for disaster, divorce, or worse. Not fair to anyone. That would be a selfish move.

I was just curious what you guys think. Did you find it changed your life? I mean, it's obvious it would change your life. I guess I'm not using the right words here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe that's the light at the end of the tunnel, having kids that is.

Edited by StephenG

Trying to design a page in dreamweaver for my web development class. Following the steps exactly as it says out the book and yet still for some reason the damn scrollbar wont appear as it's intended to. Even showed the professor and he couldn't figure out why it wasn't behaving either. FML, technology hates me.

The only time I ever used Dreamweaver was at uni, absolute horrid mess of a programme. Glad I never had to touch it again in a 'real world' situation (to be fair Macromedia still owned it when I was taught it, might be better nowadays). Was figuring that nowadays in those classes all you'd need to know is how to set up and theme CMS like Drupal etc.

The plumbing in our apartment building kinda sucks, the kitchen sinks and the bathroom sink are all connected to the same god damn pipe beyond the initial drains (Yeah I know, it's fucking stupid... and probably against code somehow now that I think more about it). Well, it's either clogged/backed up or something else is wrong with it, so the kitchen sink is backing up into the bathroom sink (Yeah, I know it's fucking gross that's why I'm pissed...). It's kinda done this before a couple times but not this bad and our landlord is a real asshole so I try not to call him unless I absolutely need to. I really need to wash some goddamn dishes, as per our agreement it's my turn to but I have been putting them off as I've been busy with school/work and per and by the time I get home I really haven't wanted to do them and now they've piled up a little bit. Anyways, I went to Menard's bought a sink snake and a maximum strength drano kit and poured the whole fucking thing down there. This better fucking work!!!.... FML, I'd kill for a goddamned dishwasher right now.

It's a decent apartment otherwise, but yeah the plumbing in this building really does fucking suck, I'm questioning wether the pipe is actually clogged or if it's some weird pressurization problem.

Edited by ghOsty

The plumbing in our apartment building kinda sucks, the kitchen sinks and the bathroom sink are all connected to the same god damn pipe beyond the initial drains (Yeah I know, it's fucking stupid... and probably against code somehow now that I think more about it). Well, it's either clogged/backed up or something else is wrong with it, so the kitchen sink is backing up into the bathroom sink (Yeah, I know it's fucking gross that's why I'm pissed...). It's kinda done this before a couple times but not this bad and our landlord is a real asshole so I try not to call him unless I absolutely need to. I really need to wash some goddamn dishes, as per our agreement it's my turn to but I have been putting them off as I've been busy with school/work and per and by the time I get home I really haven't wanted to do them and now they've piled up a little bit. Anyways, I went to Menard's bought a sink snake and a maximum strength drano kit and poured the whole fucking thing down there. This better fucking work!!!.... FML, I'd kill for a goddamned dishwasher right now.

It's a decent apartment otherwise, but yeah the plumbing in this building really does fucking suck, I'm questioning wether the pipe is actually clogged or if it's some weird pressurization problem.

That is well against code in Washington I'm fairly certain - specifically in Seattle. The landlord could be held liable and forced to repay you rent that you paid to them along with substantial fines from the city.

It's a landlords responsibility to abide by certain laws, I make sure that if I'm paying someone/some company to live in their residence, everything must be up to snuff and working as advertised otherwise I request prorated rent on the grounds of local law. It's never failed me up here when I was living in apartments.

doesn't stop dumbcunts having kids every second :cisfor:

steffeng, maybe you should move city or summat. impression I get is you're fairly well off and can do that. might be something to try just for the fuck of it.

steffeng, maybe you should move city or summat. impression I get is you're fairly well off and can do that. might be something to try just for the fuck of it.

It's funny you say that actually. Sometimes when I'm having a really bad day or a panic attack or whatever I find myself suddenly looking at real estate in other cities, like I want to just jump ship and restart my life (with my gf of course, she's awesome and tolerates my shit quite well).

We've been talking about moving to Vancouver and our most recent visit there, seeing how laid back the people are etc, made me want to move there even more. Chenboss showed us some really cool places.

Aside from that I think I just need to see a professional and start working out my issues, I don't know why I have such a hate-on for myself.

That is well against code in Washington I'm fairly certain - specifically in Seattle. The landlord could be held liable and forced to repay you rent that you paid to them along with substantial fines from the city.

It's a landlords responsibility to abide by certain laws, I make sure that if I'm paying someone/some company to live in their residence, everything must be up to snuff and working as advertised otherwise I request prorated rent on the grounds of local law. It's never failed me up here when I was living in apartments.

Hmm, I should look more into what the actual local building codes are, my landlord is a miserly dick, I wouldn't making him have to pay up, or at least pay the expenses of updating the building. On the brighter note, the Drano kit worked and the sink seems to be fixed for now.

Edited by ghOsty

I need to get off the internet

do you spend a lot of time on the facebook?

More than i want to

I understand you.

But I got a solution for you, if Facebook (and and maybe other social media site)... Deactivate your account for a month. Stop browsing them for a month. It seems hard at first but really, if you can control yourself within that time, you'll feel better, even with an active facebook account. But let's make this clear, Facebook is not the problem, it is just another tool to gather information (for you and FB partners), so you don't need to literally kill your accounts. Do the one month thing. At least that worked for me. Of course I sometimes go and check some shit on it, but not as often as I did, also I configured it to only see good information, such as news, science stuff, etc. not shit like memes or whatever a "friend" post.

I had a pretty depressing dream last night and it left me feeling pretty lonely and bleak. I haven't felt this way in a while, so it's unfortunate that, of all things, it was a dream that caused it. In the past, they've never caused anything but happiness (or maybe that's just a flawed retrospective). Regardless, I feel kind of awful. I feel like I've lost every friend I had, and I keep growing more and more distant from everybody. It's like sinking in quicksand. I want to do something to stop it, but nothing works, and it seems like it's completely out of my control. Nobody cares about me enough to put any effort into remaining friends, aside from one friend I have who lives in Baltimore now, leaving us unable to meet in person. At least we should be meeting at the AE show next week.

Edited by drillkicker