IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I dreamt a melody and remembered it once, quickly jotted it down with piano in reason. It was exceptionally mediocre.

but your music isn't, so i refuse to believe that you couldn't dream wonderment .. big up yoeslef.

Thanks. I shall try to dream better music next time around. But it may just be that my subconscious has bad taste.

twats that don't know shit and won't admit their tenuous relationship with their funding on the sky at night ... no i'm not pro astrologer, i am not talking about that part of the episode, it would be nice to do the same thing to those cunts re all the things wrong with our lack of understanding of how the solar system came together ... pointless scum getting paid for what ...

Last Saturday morning some cops rolled up to our apartment. We were out with the kiddo and a neighbor said they were looking for us and said something about a car. So I get back, grab the keys, and head out to where we parked the car. Was it stolen? Vandalized?

About 2 blocks before I get to the spot on the street where we parked it, I see another car, stashed in an illegal spot, bashed up, with a bunch of tickets piling up in the windshield. "What a drag for that dude," I think. Oh shit, that dude is me. I call 311 (this is Queens NY). There is a lot of film produciton in our neighborhood and the companies often move cars with a tow truck to make room for trailers and whatever. The deal is, you call 311, and they give you details, usually, where they moved your car to. In this case, I see where the car was moved to, but I need to know what happened. 311 is useless and says I have to try the mayor's office. Mayor's office is closed for the weekend. I give in and call 911 saying no one is hurt, but my car was moved and busted up. I wait for about 2 hours by my sad car.

Police roll up and determine the car wasn't broken into, and that yeah it's in an illegal spot and I need to move it. I tell them about the movie studios, or maybe it was joyriding? I dunno. I ain't a detective. They say there's nothing they can do for me other than report it as a hit and run. I can dispute the $500 in tickets if I want. Dispute probably won't go well without any evidence that we didn't move it though. I ask repeatedly, "what can I do to figure out who moved it?" They say they can't do anything for me. They leave.

The damage isn't too extensive. I stash the front bumper and grill in the trunk and park the car down the street in a legal spot (it's Saturday, there aren't any nearby repair shops open). The next day I walk by the car and see that there are 2 more tickets (another $110) for "broken equipment."

The repair is going to $800. So this whole episode is going to be around $1400. I'm a research fellow at medical college and get paid very modestly. The timing is such that this might put us in the red for a brief period, but I can get $ from family, which is humiliating because I'm 35. Trying to figure out what happened has been a full-time job for the past couple of days. No permits were issued for filming in the area and we are waiting to hear back from the Dept of Transportation to see if they might have moved it. The police basically don't believe us. It's sort of a complicated story. In hindsight, even after spotting the car in the illegal spot, I should have walked to the original spot, called in a stolen vehicle, and pretended I never saw it in the illegal sport. Sigh, there are sadder storied of course, but I've chosen this place to place my rant.

Guest bitroast

lol^ was reading this earlier. good laugh.

http://www.livingsafetogether.gov.au/informationadvice/Documents/preventing-violent-extremism-and-radicalisation-in-australia.pdf

and pls, everyone. you can relax and stop worrying about karen.

"This was the beginning of a painful transition out of radical activism, where Karen struggled to recover, define her identity and her role in society. Over the course of a number of years she began making new friends, trying out new interests and hobbies and eventually made contact with her family and nonactivist friends again. She completed her university studies and now works broadly in the environmental field. Karen also explored her beliefs and adopted a more moderate eco-philosophy. She now thinks illegal or aggressive direct-action campaigns only produce short-term solutions, and she is much more interested in working towards developing a sustainable solution using the legal system."

born-again drone ^~^

^ great jerb, you seem to be on the 'mericuh track to freedom and prosperity! ©™

Last Saturday morning some cops rolled up to our apartment. We were out with the kiddo and a neighbor said they were looking for us and said something about a car. So I get back, grab the keys, and head out to where we parked the car. Was it stolen? Vandalized?

About 2 blocks before I get to the spot on the street where we parked it, I see another car, stashed in an illegal spot, bashed up, with a bunch of tickets piling up in the windshield. "What a drag for that dude," I think. Oh shit, that dude is me. I call 311 (this is Queens NY). There is a lot of film produciton in our neighborhood and the companies often move cars with a tow truck to make room for trailers and whatever. The deal is, you call 311, and they give you details, usually, where they moved your car to. In this case, I see where the car was moved to, but I need to know what happened. 311 is useless and says I have to try the mayor's office. Mayor's office is closed for the weekend. I give in and call 911 saying no one is hurt, but my car was moved and busted up. I wait for about 2 hours by my sad car.

Police roll up and determine the car wasn't broken into, and that yeah it's in an illegal spot and I need to move it. I tell them about the movie studios, or maybe it was joyriding? I dunno. I ain't a detective. They say there's nothing they can do for me other than report it as a hit and run. I can dispute the $500 in tickets if I want. Dispute probably won't go well without any evidence that we didn't move it though. I ask repeatedly, "what can I do to figure out who moved it?" They say they can't do anything for me. They leave.

The damage isn't too extensive. I stash the front bumper and grill in the trunk and park the car down the street in a legal spot (it's Saturday, there aren't any nearby repair shops open). The next day I walk by the car and see that there are 2 more tickets (another $110) for "broken equipment."

The repair is going to $800. So this whole episode is going to be around $1400. I'm a research fellow at medical college and get paid very modestly. The timing is such that this might put us in the red for a brief period, but I can get $ from family, which is humiliating because I'm 35. Trying to figure out what happened has been a full-time job for the past couple of days. No permits were issued for filming in the area and we are waiting to hear back from the Dept of Transportation to see if they might have moved it. The police basically don't believe us. It's sort of a complicated story. In hindsight, even after spotting the car in the illegal spot, I should have walked to the original spot, called in a stolen vehicle, and pretended I never saw it in the illegal sport. Sigh, there are sadder storied of course, but I've chosen this place to place my rant.

Oh man this sounds like a nightmare. I had a similar experience when we got our rental car towed while her parents were visiting us in Dublin; spent the better part of the day just trying to find the fucking thing, nevermind the fines & whatnot waiting when we actually recovered it. Dis shit sounds way worse though on the reals

I'm in Boston and so far not one person has called me a fuckin' wicked retahded queeah.

Anyone call you a kiwi yet? You staying for the bklyn & boston shows? Weez gonna sparkdala for that latter that's for sure doqq

Edited by Bob Dobalina

^ but of course :nacmat: I just rolled through RI btw. sadly I did not see cashness-guy. now I'm in CT and staying at a lovely place called the Whaler's Inn in Mystic.

^ great jerb, you seem to be on the 'mericuh track to freedom and prosperity! ©

Oh man this sounds like a nightmare. I had a similar experience when we got our rental car towed while her parents were visiting us in Dublin; spent the better part of the day just trying to find the fucking thing, nevermind the fines & whatnot waiting when we actually recovered it. Dis shit sounds way worse though on the reals

I'm in Boston and so far not one person has called me a fuckin' wicked retahded queeah.

Anyone call you a kiwi yet? You staying for the bklyn & boston shows? Weez gonna sparkdala for that latter that's for sure doqq

Make yourselves known at the Boston show I will also be in attendance.

^ but of course :nacmat: I just rolled through RI btw. sadly I did not see cashness-guy. now I'm in CT and staying at a lovely place called the Whaler's Inn in Mystic.

In RI/CT? If you're looking for something to do, go to Newport. The beaches are nice, the town is sort of fun, and you can tour the mansions, our deeply problematic trophies from the Gilded Age. Few things have made me more proud to be an American than taking that tour, and hearing the guide go on and on about the wealth, furniture, architecture, etc., and then say that it's all actually pretty tasteless and shitty because it represents what happens when inequality runs out of control. Regulated capitalism!

I should say that that was years ago, so you may not get the same slant. But still!

In RI/CT? If you're looking for something to do, go to Newport. The beaches are nice, the town is sort of fun, and you can tour the mansions, our deeply problematic trophies from the Gilded Age. Few things have made me more proud to be an American than taking that tour, and hearing the guide go on and on about the wealth, furniture, architecture, etc., and then say that it's all actually pretty tasteless and shitty because it represents what happens when inequality runs out of control. Regulated capitalism!

I should say that that was years ago, so you may not get the same slant. But still!

Yeah, Newport is worth checking out, tons of old colonial shit to check out, the mansions, Cliff Walk, etc. and the parks are nice too. Fort Adams is where the Jazz (and Folk) festivals have gone down over the years (pretty cool but somewhat less interesting without music).

Lol, cashness seems to be laying low atm, we're gonna have to get the Danksignal working again one of these days

Make yourselves known at the Boston show I will also be in attendance.

Word C, gonna take this over to ae subforum, really stoked to hear them at the paradise

The left headphone (K240) is intermittently crackling and cutting out for some reason, I don't even move my head a lot for it to happen. I've dropped them a few times, but nothing catastrophic. The upside is that I still have warranty on them for another month. But the effort to send them back and wait for the replacement..eh...

Trying to design a page in dreamweaver for my web development class. Following the steps exactly as it says out the book and yet still for some reason the damn scrollbar wont appear as it's intended to. Even showed the professor and he couldn't figure out why it wasn't behaving either. FML, technology hates me.

I got a copy of Majora's Mask in the mail yesterday, and put it in my N64 only to find out that the game won't run without an expansion pak. So I had to spend $20 on an expansion pak and now I have to wait for that to arrive before I can even do anything with this game.

Guest bitroast

I got a copy of Majora's Mask in the mail yesterday, and put it in my N64 only to find out that the game won't run without an expansion pak. So I had to spend $20 on an expansion pak and now I have to wait for that to arrive before I can even do anything with this game.

that's not too bad. imagine being a kid in the 90s having to deal with this. or a parent.

kind of relieved the expansion pak is $20 and hasn't drifted into obscure and unnecessarily inflated expensive rarity.

the expansion pak is wicked btw. games that require expansion pak all have pretty vivid colour palettes and the difference is pretty noticeable. prepare to be blown away kiddo.

Guest bitroast

the sidequest with the married couple being separated is from memory the most time consuming.

recently replayed the 3DS port and man the game holds up so well. i didn't bother with too many sidequests tho and admittedly a good chunk of the game is concentrated in the sidequests.

fwp : another dead possum located in back garden. i think that makes 3 now. sometimes in middle of night i'll hear them having a little party in the trees and that's all well and normal but then occassionally there'll be a loud BANG on the driveway shelter followed by really rapid clambering back onto the tree branches. i've had possums before but they've never been this bat shit stupid. dropping off trees and dying randomly in the backyard on multiple occasions. what the hells the deal with these stupid, 'special' possums.

Guest bitroast

i'm thinking throwing cut up apple slices onto neighbours rooftops may be best bet. they're a bunch of assholes anyway.

it's not so much the noise as much as it is.. why the fuck do they keep falling off trees and dying all the time??

can't these stupid possums ...

:emotawesomepm9:

get a grip ?

. don't know if I ever properly sorted out that long side quest with the aliens at the ranch and all that.

that was fucking hard... i never beat it, got so annoyed when i died and didn't want to go through all that again.

Guest bitroast

yeah possums are loud as fuck, can be a real problem in bushy areas, esp. if you have a tin roof

our possums are wayy cuter than the american ones...

Possum-Bakery.jpg

lol. that tiny hole into a box full of pastries is a one way entry.