IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

When you said you got popped and then went through 2 weeks of hell I figured it was the other dope... I'm pullin' for you that you get out of this with a little recourse as possible. Sounds like an awful situation.

Glad to hear you're moving on and taking control though - It sounds like your head is in the right place. It sometimes takes a really rude awakening to get back on your walkabout. One of my best friends was huge into opie and coke binges for a year and a half. Our group of concerned associates intervened (as our lifestyle pertained, we didn't have much honest work in that house or period of time) and we locked a him in a room for 2 weeks to stop him from his road to death (it had a bathroom and we got food and supplies into there as there was no way he was getting out)... It took a village, but he still thanks us for the wake-up call he has been more or less on the golden path since.

I always liked these lines when I felt a little out of place and out of sorts, maybe they'll help youz too -

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Sorry to hear you got pinched limpy.

Happy to hear that it is giving you direction though. Sometimes it takes a rude awakening, as shitty as that sounds. I hope things work out for you and you aren't in too much legal trouble.

Is it a federal crime, possession?

You're on the right path man, stay the course! As painful as it is I'm sure you can do it. I hope you have a good group of people to surround yourself with that will support you in any way possible. It's hard to do it on your own.

I've had my own rocky decade of addiction. If you want/need to vent or get anything on your chest PM me.

i fucked the gravy for tonight's sunday roast by letting the root veg the bird was resting on burn

tried red wine = fail

tried port = fail

tried cranberry jelly = fail

like one of those Masterchef moments but where no-one actually gives a fuck and calls you a mong cunt instead

i fucked the gravy for tonight's sunday roast by letting the root veg the bird was resting on burn

tried red wine = fail

tried port = fail

tried cranberry jelly = fail

like one of those Masterchef moments but where no-one actually gives a fuck and calls you a mong cunt instead

So many British-isms in this post

It's bloody right done me head in

limpy's writing really is easier on the eyes. I probably wouldn't have read all he's posted in this page if it wasn't parsed like that. Same reason why 4chan greentext stories are so popular; far less people would read them if they were just huge chunks of text

My company moved to the most boring car-oriented part of the area into a boring ass business park with absolutely nothing in walking distance. After our first day there I think it's incompatible with my lifestyle and values. Time to find a new job.

Well I didn't get jack shit done today, partly due to the new network not being completely configured and partly because they've jumped on that terrible "open seating" bandwagon that makes it pretty fucking difficult to focus on anything.

Well I didn't get jack shit done today, partly due to the new network not being completely configured and partly because they've jumped on that terrible "open seating" bandwagon that makes it pretty fucking difficult to focus on anything.

Ugh my office is moving to an "open" floor plan (well except the execs of course). They're shit.

Ugh my office is moving to an "open" floor plan (well except the execs of course). They're shit.

Sorry to hear that man. And yeah of course not the fucking execs. Meanwhile the execs are all, oh, you can move your desks where you want, as long as you're with your team, and it's in a "collaborative" configuration. Like, do you want me to "collaborate" or do you want me to get my fucking work done? Cos I work best when I can hear my own thoughts and not have someone asking for my help or validation every 5 minutes. I thought I was there to get work done and make them money, not be some kind of well-adjusted social butterfly.

I can already tell I'm going to be completely miserable and my performance is going to suffer. Fuck this shit.

take your desk and move it into the corner, facing the wall. Also the whole thing is hypocritical if the bosses don't also do it. But yeah, maybe you do need another job. Problem is they all seem to be run by the same pointless middle management, with their great ideas that they thought of all by themselves that are going to help things so much.