IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i like a cup of bovril with lard in. especially after i've hard a hard day down tut mine.

Sorry to be a dickhead but it always pisses me off - it's down't mine not down tut mine

Or for example, going tut (to the) shops

I understand how the idea of butter in coffee might be revolting at first, but with a blender it works.

It's an insult to coffee... and why would you do this?

I accidentally slightly overcooked my eggs so the yolk isn't all runny any yummy

You should sous vide that shit.

My vintage receiver is going out. No surprise, but I'm not going to enjoy buying a new one. This one had cool weighted knobs.

what sorta receiver? if its a nice one you could fix it/get it fixed.

It's a Pioneer SX-750 (from 1976 or '77) that I found on the street.

pioneerstereoreceivermodelsx-750_1.jpg

It was working fine for a couple years, but now the left channel will go out intermittently.

Makes it pretty hard to mix my music...

My parents have one of these! Aaaaand it also has the same channel problem. But it was good right up into the mid-00's (they've had it for longer than I've existed).

if jiggling the speaker cable for that channel makes the signal come back then it's just a solder joint has become loose. just need to heat that joint up and reflow the solder and it should be all good.

I have a technics amp of a similar vintage, the hybrid end stages seem to crap out regularly, mine has a blown channel too. I ordered the part years ago and still haven't tried replacing it. Hmmm maybe now would be a good time, the amp is fantastic sounding and beautiful!

i like a cup of bovril with lard in. especially after i've hard a hard day down tut mine.

Sorry to be a dickhead but it always pisses me off - it's down't mine not down tut mine

What language is that?

My vintage receiver is going out. No surprise, but I'm not going to enjoy buying a new one. This one had cool weighted knobs.

what sorta receiver? if its a nice one you could fix it/get it fixed.

It's a Pioneer SX-750 (from 1976 or '77) that I found on the street.

pioneerstereoreceivermodelsx-750_1.jpg

It was working fine for a couple years, but now the left channel will go out intermittently.

Makes it pretty hard to mix my music...

My parents have one of these! Aaaaand it also has the same channel problem. But it was good right up into the mid-00's (they've had it for longer than I've existed).

if jiggling the speaker cable for that channel makes the signal come back then it's just a solder joint has become loose. just need to heat that joint up and reflow the solder and it should be all good.

I have a technics amp of a similar vintage, the hybrid end stages seem to crap out regularly, mine has a blown channel too. I ordered the part years ago and still haven't tried replacing it. Hmmm maybe now would be a good time, the amp is fantastic sounding and beautiful!

Yeah, it has a nice warm glow from the internal light, too. Gets a bit hot in my room, though. Jiggling the cable doesn't do anything, but I may have to open it up and try the solder method. Thanks for the tip!

What language is that?

Yorkshire

You are correct, sorry old chap.

*tapdances sideways out of thread*

I understand how the idea of butter in coffee might be revolting at first, but with a blender it works.

1) Medium-chain triglycerides can help you get into ketosis more quickly, if you're into that sort of thing. If you don't have a tolerance to them they do give you a freaky rush of energy and mental focus/clarity. It's not like caffeine.

2) It's an easy to make and surprisingly satisfying breakfast, especially on a cold day.

3) It tastes good. I use cinnamon just like ambermonk, and when I use unrefined coconut oil (which also has some MCTs) it tastes a lot like a cinnamon bun to me.

I'd say it's no more an insult to coffee than a mocha. I occasionally have a bulletproof coffee but I mostly have mine black.

I do have to say that MCT oil on its own is totally disgusting and I haven't found any use for it besides this.

Whoa, thraed is actually srupidized. Badass.

And basically what Sweep said regarding buttered/Bulletproof coffee. Never used the MCT stuff tho, just unrefined coconut oil. Besides, coconut oil is pretty versatile. Actually applied the leftovers to chapped skin when it's cold.

Edited by ambermonk

being sick on holiday is the lamest thing.

I flew into Chicago a bit over two weeks ago and started my big roadtrip, had a great time so far, now I'm in Montreal, but I'm stuck in the hotel for now cos I've been disgusting with salsa the last few days and I can barely move without using pills.

fak. well. I have some time to get better and explore Montreal still. and eventually I will be down for the NY and Boston Ae shows with watmms. and then it's back to Chi-town for deep dish pizza with alco.

The world has gone mad, now we are even afraid of offending coffee.

Edited by Deer