IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I finally said yes to some automatic update my phone kept harassing me about, and the update proceeded to rapidly eat up all my allotted monthly data and then some. I didn't realize this was happening until it was almost halfway down the (gigantic) download. Then I had no idea how the fuck to cancel it, so after X seconds that seemed like an eternity buggering around, I shut it off, thinking that would kill it. But as soon as I turned it back on it immediately resumed the update download. So now I'm afraid to turn on my phone as I know it will lead to more data usage charged up the ass. I emailed my phone people explaining the situation, and requested this data rapeage be stricken from my record. I figure since phone companies like to keep their customers, they will acquiesce. But I kind of need to use my phone in the morning... so I hope they hurry the hell up with their response.

Got another one now.

I'm having an argument/debate about immigration/refugees with a work colleague who is spouting the usual unthinking right-wing rhetoric (there's not enough room in the country, they'll take all the jobs benefits etc)

This guy is from Mauritius. I, of course, had to point this out.

He, of course, insisted this is different.

Most things I want for my new apartment on the Ikea website aren't able to be shipped. I actually have to go to the physical store :dry:

Don't buy ikea furniture and save yourself a future fwp.

Most things I want for my new apartment on the Ikea website aren't able to be shipped. I actually have to go to the physical store :dry:

Some of their stuff is alright. I've got a few shelving units for vinyl and CDS etc and they're actually fairly sturdy and were cheap.

Overall though I'm sure you're right =P

qft

also thanks for the mosquito conversation limpy, you're a real pal :facepalm:

@delet: your reply basically nailed it.

all the shelving/desks we've bought from there were fine. my "studio" desk is a bit flimsy i guess. would never buy any seating/bedding from there tho. couch died after like 3 years and have seen friend's beds die in <1 yr

I started playing Candy Crush and I can't stop. Also, two of the three movies I rented are terrible. The other is the first Harry Potter (never seen any of them), and while i can appreciate it, I'm not really in the right mood for a kid's movie. It seems to be like the younger generation's equivalent to Star Wars, which is really hard for me to process.

bass response in the right ear of my Sennheiser HD380s is dying. at first I thought my right ear was clogged or something. it sucks cos bass was awesome on these without sacrificing any clarity.

Sennheiser has really disappointed me in the durability/longevity department with the last few sets I've bought from them. time to switch to another brand.

bass response in the right ear of my Sennheiser HD380s is dying. at first I thought my right ear was clogged or something. it sucks cos bass was awesome on these without sacrificing any clarity.

Sennheiser has really disappointed me in the durability/longevity department with the last few sets I've bought from them. time to switch to another brand.

Used to be a sucka for Sennheiser myself, but the last set I used I think it was the right channel that suddenly stopped working.

Just came across this site tho, might be a helpful guide for your next set: http://headphonescompared.com/the-best-headphone-brands-from-worst-to-best/

lol immigrants do seem to have a special sort of hatred for other immigrants.

I had a chat the other day with a guy from Mexico (I think, I forgot) and he kept telling me how much he liked the United States when he was there, then he went on about how "the blacks there are different to the blacks here" (in Germany), but wasn't really able to explain to me what he meant by that. Eventually he started singing praises for his host family who were "real whites" as he put it, and I still didn't get what he was on about and thought he was making a joke. Friends told me later how much they disliked the guy because of his constant racist remarks and I felt like an idiot.

My GF's father is quitting his $250k a year job - which he is incredibly fortunate and spoiled to have due to how much he actually does - to do freelance art crap. It's the worst, he is not talented in the least when it comes to his own art and everyone he's shown it to has pretty much said the same thing 'this has been done before, and better, tons of other times'. So he's decided to externalize all that frustration and is being pretty brutal to her about finance stuff. Her parents have been helping her as she finishes her last two years of med school and her father just basically said he didn't care anymore and that she should be able to figure it out.

They have always been super shitty about money. They will be late on things they promise and tell her 'not to worry about' and then when she needs what they promise and reaches out to them they berate her about how all she cares about is money... but on the other hand, when she talked about not finishing her studies and getting a decent lab job if they can't help, as she is scared to take out more loans, they scold her and essentially say 'well, what will our friends think of our failure daughter' and 'so we wasted all that money' in lighter, more Russian tones. And she's done so much to strive in her field - she's worked in prestigious labs around the country and has helped with some very important research for diabetes and alzheimer's and they don't give a shit in the slightest or even understand what she does. It's really heartbreaking to watch TBH.

It's incredibly frustrating for me, besides her being upset, because they think I'm a drug dealer who makes a lot of money and should be able to support her. They are right in some senses, I do work in a legalized 'drug' industry and make a good living doing so - but I'm not Pablo fucking Escobar and I cannot support myself and their daughters existence/school if they choose to pull the rug out from her financially by backing down on pretty much all their promises half-way through.

Bah

Oh snap I have those as well, not good... How old are they ?