IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

at the risk of sounding like an edgelord: nobody really knows what they're doing or where the fuck they're going, and certainly not why. sure your career is great and your marriage is nice and your possessions are cool but so what? what's it all for? in the end you're just going to be dust in the ground like everyone else and that's that. if there is no final judgement and no promised afterlife and all meaning is manufactured/relative, then really, what separates you from the hobo sleeping on the corner who bombed out of life early and has 'achieved' nothing? nothing, that's what.

but being plagued by thoughts like these is probably worse than plain old feelings of inadequacy which everyone gets, so let's just carry on with this collective illusion while it's going and forget I said anything.

(does more drugs)

well, pretty sure my 5+ year live-in relationship is about to fall apart.

sympathies, mayne :mellow: maybe you should, you know...

GET A BIKE

seriously, it does help with the pain.

at the risk of sounding like an edgelord: nobody really knows what they're doing or where the fuck they're going, and certainly not why. sure your career is great and your marriage is nice and your possessions are cool but so what? what's it all for? in the end you're just going to be dust in the ground like everyone else and that's that. if there is no final judgement and no promised afterlife and all meaning is manufactured/relative, then really, what separates you from the hobo sleeping on the corner who bombed out of life early and has 'achieved' nothing? nothing, that's what.

but being plagued by thoughts like these is probably worse than plain old feelings of inadequacy which everyone gets, so let's just carry on with this collective illusion while it's going and forget I said anything.

(gets a bike)

:cisfor:

I dunno. It's easier to lament about what we don't have, than to be grateful for what we already do I think. But I'm just thinking out loud, whether or not any of this makes sense.

It makes sense. Thanks for your post.

i had similar thoughts in the past when i compared myself to others that seemed to have it together and my friend was like, "how do you know they are really happy though". so true. nobody has the perfect life, everyone has struggles.

Do you sometimes stop up and think, "what the fuck am I doing with my life?"

I've had one of those evenings where I'm suddenly questioning everything. I was at a dinner party earlier tonight and there were all these people talking about all these cool fucking projects they're working on and my self esteem just got lower and lower throughout the evening. Now I'm questioning everything from my profession, my girlfriend, where I live, the things I didn't get to do and that I'm now in a part of my life where certain things are expected of me.

For fuck's sake.

Are "cool fucking projects" of your own something you know you want? Are they really that cool, or rather something that certain other people are making you feel you should want or have in your life? If it's the latter I wouldn't worry about it too much, you could be the type that finds their satisfaction elsewhere.

Nothing humans do, has any meaning or is even worth it. As soon as a human beeing gets older, it notices its own mortality. That's why it starts to "do something with its life". Doing "cool fucking projects" does not change the fact that the human beeing will die and that everything it did will be dust soon. These "cool fucking projects" are nothing more than a way to deal with midlife crisis.

Okay, you could outcast yourself from society, switch to davinci level of authism and create something that has actual impact to the world. But that is not a "cool fucking project"... that is a way to ruin your life in exchange for a small allspark

my two best friends are polar opposites, and whenever i speak to them about something they always give me the opposite advice.

this is getting really fucking confusing and i'm in a funk right now about my job and career prospects etc.

they both work in the industry i want to work in, but both got in completely different ways.

do i retrain? do i blag it at the interview? am i pitching too high? too low?

i have absolutely no fucking idea anymore.

and my current job sucks.

(i have a bike btw)

Holy crap, my post seems to have struck a nerve here and there. I take that as a positive thing and consider this to be a thing that most people go through.

I was just about to write down what had caused the sudden shift in my mood, but when I saw it written in front of me I thought to myself, that I was an idiot for getting all frowny about that sort of stuff.

I guess all in all, I just feel that my everyday life has come to a halt and that my job (not my freelance stuff) and my personal life is to blame.

I've become more boring and more awkward among strangers. I used to be quite cheery. The only thing I can talk about now is sound, music, and how dumb my colleagues are. I guess all of this just overshadows all the cool things I actually get to do as a freelance sound designer. But if it wasn't for certain things and my fulltime job I would be much happier. I feel like I'm drowning in shit I don't want to do. Also, it has taken me some time but I've finally realised how tough and what a huge job it can be to have a girlfriend. It can be really exhausting. I miss the times where I could do whatever the hell I wanted. It sounds like selfish and I guess it kinda is...

I've had one of those evenings where I'm suddenly questioning everything. I was at a dinner party earlier tonight and there were all these people talking about all these cool fucking projects they're working on and my self esteem just got lower and lower throughout the evening. Now I'm questioning everything from my profession, my girlfriend, where I live, the things I didn't get to do and that I'm now in a part of my life where certain things are expected of me.

For fuck's sake.

Also tomorrow is most likely gonna be reeeeeeally awkward as we've filled out a employee satisfaction survey and from what I know a couple of people including me have complained about my boss. I especially told him exactly how I feel about certain things. Luckily, the survey was anonymous but if he just stops and thinks for a second he'll know which one is mine.

aged 25 i did this all the fucking time, but now im just content and happy with what ive got. which is pretty much bugger all, im a kitchen porter. im currently working on a large enough repetoire to play smooth cocktail jazz piano in hotel lobbys, then im gonna buy a suit and go round every swanky hotel in glasgow that doesnt have a cocktail jazz pianist and see if they want one. other than that for a plan, my career trajectory is absolutely miserable. still happy though. got a nice chunk of studio gear however.

That actually sounds pretty fucking cool. I wish I was a piano player at a cocktail bar, haha

For fuck's sake.

Also tomorrow is most likely gonna be reeeeeeally awkward as we've filled out a employee satisfaction survey and from what I know a couple of people including me have complained about my boss. I especially told him exactly how I feel about certain things. Luckily, the survey was anonymous but if he just stops and thinks for a second he'll know which one is mine.

I find comparing yourself to other people is never healthy. What projects would you want to start that would make you satisfied?

I know.

Well, here's the thing I don't have time for anything anymore. I don't have time to make music for myself anymore - there's a reason why my next EP is going to be called "While at Work" ;)

well, pretty sure my 5+ year live-in relationship is about to fall apart.

That fucking sucks, man. Sorry to hear that...

my two best friends are polar opposites, and whenever i speak to them about something they always give me the opposite advice.

this is getting really fucking confusing and i'm in a funk right now about my job and career prospects etc.

they both work in the industry i want to work in, but both got in completely different ways.

(i have a bike btw)

My 2 cents: it's been a long time since I've had a job interview but at this point if I have to be too phony in an interview, the place probably isn't worth working at.

lesson learned: don't have my phone on silent outside of sleepy time. when expecting a callback from a job interview

FTFY mate.

Re: mdm_chaos.

I do not have any insights on what to do with your career but am interested in one thing:

I think it's pretty interesting that both extremes, as you describe them, can work in the same industry. Where do you fit on this parabole?

Nothing humans do, has any meaning or is even worth it. As soon as a human beeing gets older, it notices its own mortality. That's why it starts to "do something with its life". Doing "cool fucking projects" does not change the fact that the human beeing will die and that everything it did will be dust soon. These "cool fucking projects" are nothing more than a way to deal with midlife crisis.

Okay, you could outcast yourself from society, switch to davinci level of authism and create something that has actual impact to the world. But that is not a "cool fucking project"... that is a way to ruin your life in exchange for a small allspark

Nietzsche pretty much thought that, on the back of nihilism, art and struggle can be used to create meaning in human life. May as well weave yourself into the grand tapestry with a "cool fucking project". Or at least will the destruction of our meaning so it can be replaced with a new one.

Hey speaking of which, I've joined the cracked phone screen club and I'm kinda bummed because it costs so much to replace, and I don't trust myself to repair it.

Really sleep deprived today, caffeine isn't helping at all. So tired everyone talking to me has that faded washed out quality and even little tasks are taking too much thought effort... I even tried to go to bed earlier last night, but my brain wouldn't let me sleep... Fuck, I need a nap.

lesson learned: don't have my phone on silent outside of sleepy time. when expecting a callback from a job interview

FTFY mate.

Re: mdm_chaos.

I do not have any insights on what to do with your career but am interested in one thing:

I think it's pretty interesting that both extremes, as you describe them, can work in the same industry. Where do you fit on this parabole?

well one of them is a data analyst and the other is fluffy PR, but both work in digital marketing. i know how to do it but need some kind of proof as it were.

I went about my "morning" internet activities for almost an hour without realizing I hadn't had any coffee in my system yet. That sounds unremarkable, but this is maybe the only time it's happened in over a decade. Coffee is always my first objective after waking up. What happened?

I grated some cheese for my omelet, but I forgot about it and finished my omelet without it.

So now here I am eating plain grated cheddar for dessert like some kind of simpleton.

(i have a bike btw)

Have you considered perhaps getting another, different bike?

how do you mean? proof of what?

proof that i know what i'm doing.

How amazeballs she is. We'll vouch for you madame C, just tell 'em to ask watmm.

ah grand, will send them here...

(i have a bike btw)

Have you considered perhaps getting another, different bike?

i just got a new one for Christmas. i have yet to start riding it everyday though, perhaps that's the problem.

That winter storm rolling through the midwest was supposed to have hit already. Now I see it;s been a little played up. I emailed my professors this morning saying I wouldn't be making it in so I could avoid having to drive home in it. It's now about 11am and I haven't seen a single flake. Even my instructor emailed me back, saying I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, I could go in but it's really not worth it at this point. And I'm sure my professor just thinks I was looking for excuses to stay home...E veryone was talking about how this is so bad where it's hit already (we're still getting it, it just hasn't hit yet) and the weather reports said it was supposed to have hit by 9:30am.

Look at the radar and satellite, factor in its speed and direction, check the interactive wave and weather forecast map, if you have one of those, it projects forward, I don't think the US model is as good though.

You really don't wanna be snowed in at uni, you might get a parking ticket, lorl.

I did look at the radar this morning, the storm was supposed to have hit already by all the projections I saw, and looked like it was going to, instead though it's been lingering at the edges of the county, but it is slowly working it's way North... We're gonna get it, just a bit later than initially thought, I probably could have gone into at least the morning classes and been just fine. But, oh well. I've still got all my classwork done.

tried to set up an old CRT in my room but the scart connector is busted. That was the reason we threw it in the garage in the first place, but I forgot. Carried that heavy piece of shit upstairs for nothing and now I gotta take it to the garage again