IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Last week I spilled some of my whiskey & coke on my laptop keyboard and now most of the number row doesn't work, so I have to use the on screen keyboard for tons of stupid shit, passwords, etc. I want to clean it but can only see making a far bigger mess of things if I tried to take off the keyboard panel, ugh

found a silverfish floating in my tea. i'm not quite sure where it came from, kettle? tea bag? not likely... at least, i think it was a silverfish

silverfish.jpg

Edited by yek

this breakup fucking sucks. she's shit-slinging at me, we're still living together, and now we're arguing over heavy financial shit. the backstory: years ago I inherited $28k from my grandmother's passing, which I used to help my girlfriend and I get settled (it costs around $3k just to move into a new apartment in this city, and we did that twice), I used it to help pay for both of our college tuition (and she ultimately flunked out), and to cover part of her outstanding debt from before we were together (a few grand). we have about $8k left. I want her to be able to get on with things and comfortably find a new place, so when asked how we were going to split up the funds, I felt $3k going to her was not only reasonable, but generous. she is furious over this, acting as if, i don't know, she deserves more than half of the money we have left? shouting match ensued. now she says "keep the fucking money, I don't even want it" and I know she won't be able to get a new place to live without it. if I give her $3k, I am leaving myself with almost the same amount, which is enough to get me into a new place as well, which I have to do, because I can't afford this current apartment by myself. then i'm broke.

also, silverfish are creepy.

ps: i took all the remaining joint savings account money and moved it to an account in my name only, because it's mine. i hate feuding over monetary bullshit but this shit is mine and if she goes into rage mode and tells me she doesn't want it, fine. it's mine. makes me feel like an asshole to do it but she if she's acting ungrateful, and that's the money that allowed us to stay together comfortably for five years, i'm ok with her facing her own reality.

pps: i came home today and her first words were "you only have to give me $2700, i spent $300" to which i responded 'HAVE TO?' and more bullshit came about. ughj

^ A good friend of mine is going through a simillar situation right now, shit doesn't sound fun, but I'll tell you what I told him (and a lawyer backed it up eventually as well)... If it's your money that was given to your name by inheritance, YOU DON'T OWE HER SHIT! ... Now with that said, if you feel you want to give her some kinda severance pay as good karma, to not leave her absolutely screwed that's totally your call. But if she's gonna become a greedy bitch about it, I wouldn't give her a penny and let her face the harsh reality on her own... Break-ups are no fun especially ugly ones, and sure, you'd like to help her based on the attachment and sentiment towards the relationship you once had, but ultimately you gotta look out for yourself first.

Stay strong and put the foot down bro.

Edited by ghOsty

Sorry you're going thru that shit Luke. Pretty much what Gh0sty said; you inherited that money. If she thinks she's entitled to at least half of it, she needs a reality check. Also, I hope she doesn't get violent.

Not sure I've actually seen a silverfish IRL before, but can't help but point out that it has cute, beady little eyes.

My latest first world whatever: Read an article of the top ten most horrific torture methods in human history, and wish I hadn't.

This day old coffee is gross. Not that I could have reasonably expected any different.

I usually drink my coffee black but I find that copious heat and a dollop of heavy cream makes the day-old stuff tolerable when I don't have the luxury of dumping it.

My latest first world whatever: Read an article of the top ten most horrific torture methods in human history, and wish I hadn't.

Man, I had a whole book on the history of torture once. Was 'boats' on that list?

The one that sticks in my memory is when they would tie an extremely taught length of rope horizontally across a room, grab the victim by his wrists and ankles (two guys, one wrist and one ankle each) and then saw him in half on the rope from the crotch up.

:cerious:

seeing other peoples creative and romantic success is making me depressed.

If it's any consolation...(fuck it, I'm just gonna say it)...I've never dated before in my life. Trust me tho, you don't necessarily need a partner in order to find happiness.

Happiness isn't something you find, it's something you make.

Now slap that on a poster with a photo of the ocean and make $20k.