IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My 11th graders tell me I should give Lil Uzi Vert another chance, so maybe that's the wave to be on.

I listen to his first album a bit, it's got a few decent beats on it.

Had an encounter with a potential FB scammer. He's claiming to be a "System Admin" for the company behind my current top mobile game, and made a "limited time offer" of an in-game purchase via PM. I told him I'd think about it, and then I immediately contacted the company directly with an authentication request regarding this guy.

This isn't the first scam attempt on FB I've faced. We'll see what the official company reply is.

I got about 40 minutes into some dumb indie movie on netflix before realizing the depths of its dumbness and shutting it off.  I have the worst luck finding anything worthwhile to watch these days.  

I got about 40 minutes into some dumb indie movie on netflix before realizing the depths of its dumbness and shutting it off. I have the worst luck finding anything worthwhile to watch these days.

It doesn't help that about 95% of Netflix is a wasteland of despair

fuck Apple and their garbage products.

I just spent 4 hours wrestling with my mum's iPhone trying to backup and clear out years' worth of photos and vids because she kept getting "iCloud is full" nags. this necessitated:

1. firing up the creaking old Dell laptop my parents use, which still runs XP and has a heart attack if you open more than 2 Chrome tabs

2. updating iTunes on it, the worst pile of trash application ever cobbled together, which I haven't used since I had an iPod 5+ years ago (the only Apple product I've ever owned and ever will)

3. remembering how to use iTunes and configuring it to work with the iPhone

4. running the backup process, which took 30 mins and ran in the background without any notifications (the streamlined user experience, bro)

5. realising that the backup files themselves are completely opaque, non-descript and non-usable, contrary to my expectations that they would appear in the iTunes library as photos and vids (my mum lol'd when I explained this to her)

6. finding and installing some freeware that reads the backups and allows them to be browsed/used like they would in any normal fucking world

7. disconnecting the iPhone and deleting everything on it except the most recent stuff from the photo library. took 10 mins to figure out how to delete shit cos the fucking delete button wouldn't show up for some photos that had magicked themselves onto the phone from iTunes sync.

8. checking the storage stats and seeing that it still fucking says the photo library is taking up 6gb of space, wtf

9. rebooting, maybe that'll fix it

10. nope. meanwhile an iOS update nag has started. ok, let's do the fucking update. takes 30 mins. reboot, now it says photo library is taking up 6.25gb. amazing. also now the phone's forgotten the Apple ID credentials, which were based on an old email address my mum no longer uses and doesn't remember the password for, so basically no iCloud.

4 hours of pain and the basic problem isn't fixed while new ones have been created. just amazon.

this whole fucking mess is concocted to control the user and waterboard them into paying more, either to upgrade iCloud or buy a new phone. this is a 5c, which is probably eons in Apple terms, but meanwhile my Nexus 5 is chugging along just fine. and what does it take to backup my Nexus when the storage is full? connect via USB to PC, cut and paste to backup folder. the fucking end.

*chops own balls off with meat cleaver*

Oh man I use amazon photos and turn off iCloud photo library altogether. Apple photo backup solutions have always been a nightmare.

Edit - mama's photos R still in the Recently Deleted tab for 30 days lmao.

Edited by doublename

tried that, there was no Recently Deleted album :cisfor:

apparently it's a common bug, prior to a certain iOS update, that deleted shit will still be lurking in there and you have to fuck around with the time settings to be able to see them and zap them away for good. but it just wasn't there. tried restoring all the default settings and it still wouldn't appear. connected it to my PC to try and delete the files that way and it literally showed an empty drive that said "10.5 GB out of 12GB used". just gave up.

Not trying to distract from Apple's many fuckries, but the Youtube TV banner ads in the regular Youtube app are becoming v annoying.

Edited by doublename

I forgot my apple ID so I reset my password and they said "we'll send ya an email in a few days" and i was like "Alright that's fine i guess"

and so every couple hours for the past week my phone gets a notification that someone's trying to access my account (it's my phone that's trying to do that) and when I finally got the email and clicked the confirmation link they said it was expired and i had to try again. 

:catsuicide: