IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Rendering a track multiple times and wondering why my gain changes are inaudible then after an hour realizing that I was rendering to a different file I was loading.. 

:facepalm:

Pretty similar to the usual coding mistake of running/flashing the code from a different directory you are compiling into..

I've got a big ol blond wisconsin crush on marissa mayer. confused on so many fronts

Heh. I was just reading the latest headlines with her and thinking about how I used to be pretty impressed with her career and now she just seems like another corporate sociopath. She'll probably make a Congress run soon enough. 

I'm about ready to kill my wife's fucking cat... Fucking thing pissed on my jacket this morning, and I swear I smell some on the goddamn loveseat. And just about 15 minutes ago she hacks up a huge hairball right on the floor of the living room. 

learning today that the Artful Dodger was in the year above me in school = brrrrrrrrrr

absolutely hated And the Crowd Say Bo Selecta + loathed the posing of 2step so deeply & now this hibernating trauma emerges from the caves

shudder

I hate mixing for TV. It always ends up sounding like shit.

is it me or does reverb not translate well when coming through tv?once my speakers for my stereo died so i ran the audio through my tv and it sounded really shitty.

is it me or does reverb not translate well when coming through tv?once my speakers for my stereo died so i ran the audio through my tv and it sounded really shitty.

Hmmmm... shitty as in how, man?

Hmmmm... shitty as in how, man?

like i couldn't notice reverb well

There's this status today that goes "of these 10 bands, guess which one I haven't seen live" going around my feed that I got slightly irritated by.

Also a guy broke into a lady's house right by where I live and attacked her with a machete at 7am.  Yikes.

is tv compressed to shit like radio?

i fucking hate listening to the radio. doesn't matter if it's satellite or whatever. god it sounds awful

So radio ads don't actually have to be overly compressed because the radio broadcasts don't do anything to the signal. But in order for radio commercials to pop out people compress the living shit out them. With tv commercials there's a difference because of the ITU and EBU standards that dictate how loud your audio track can be over a specific amount of time. So if your track is super compressed the end result will actually get quieter whereas if you let the audio track be a bit more dynamic the peaks in the quiet audio track will actually surpass the peaks in the compressed audio track.

I probably explained this in the worst possible way. But since everyone is compressing the living shit out of their commercials you simply have to do the same otherwise your commercial will end up sounding weird in comparison.

Bluray burner arrived two days ago. Disks to burn with it will take another week. :----<

There's this status today that goes "of these 10 bands, guess which one I haven't seen live" going around my feed that I got slightly irritated by.

Also a guy broke into a lady's house right by where I live and attacked her with a machete at 7am.  Yikes.

The order of these problems suggests the former is worse than the second

Edited by Bechuga

Gah I was reading about that today but it hadn't occurred to me that it would be so close to your place! Stay vigilant!