IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah, I had one built for me. 

can has link to such a service? 

i see stuff on ebay and there are lot's of hacks diy sites for how to upgrade an ipod w/smart media card etc but if there's a place you trust and had good experience with i'd love to hear about it :)

Yeah, I had one built for me. 

can has link to such a service? 

i see stuff on ebay and there are lot's of hacks diy sites for how to upgrade an ipod w/smart media card etc but if there's a place you trust and had good experience with i'd love to hear about it :)

I actually went the ebay route based on a seller recommended by a friend - https://www.ebay.ca/usr/rydenspinners?ul_noapp=true 

It's not cheap, but this guy gives you exactly what is advertised (see the reviews, universally positive 100% positive reviews). I grabbed 2, a 400gb and a 256gb and both have been great so far. 

They're all new parts and I believe he warranties his work + you can send them back to him directly for repair. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

same

edit: £500-£1k fuuuuuuuu *spits out soup*

It wasn't too bad, I think it was about 730 £

for both units, total including shipping.

Also its typically the hard drive that goes on the iPods, with flash memory if there is any issues you just pop it open and swap out the card, makes it easier to upgrade too if you decide you want more memory.

edit: we get a lot of use out of them, probably about 2hrs per day, each. So it was worth it for us. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

There's no way I can afford that lol. May B 1 Day

the 160 gb ipod i got on ebay a year or so ago was $165 shipped.  it works well so far.  it's standard apple ipod. no upgrades. had i known i'd have bought the $400 upgraded/rebuilt 256gb ipod in that guy's tore because i'd rather have a more long lasting thing. eventually the one i bought will die. 

There's no way I can afford that lol. May B 1 Day

the 160 gb ipod i got on ebay a year or so ago was $165 shipped.  it works well so far.  it's standard apple ipod. no upgrades. had i known i'd have bought the $400 upgraded/rebuilt 256gb ipod in that guy's tore because i'd rather have a more long lasting thing. eventually the one i bought will die. 

yeah I got through so many ipod classic. Always the hd that went. 

My last custom one was a SSD, I think I had it around 5 years or so and had no issues! The only reason I got new ones is because my truck got robbed and buddy stole the last one.

Also with the SSD or flash memory, it's much quicker, no problems skipping from track to track even for flac files, whereas the reg hdd ones take a while to load up songs. 

I know apple discontinued high capacity ones to push their streaming n crap, but I think they really should have kept something in their classic lineup...

I still carry my trusted old Creative Zen 8GB with additional 32GB on a memory card but it's starting to show its age. Battery draining in standby and buttons malfunctioning. Been looking for a replacement.

I mostly need it when traveling and running. I don't want to use my phone battery on long overland trips or flights for listening to music and it's easier to carry when I go running than the bulky phone.

my dog is constipated. 

i gave him a pill pocket packed w/metamucil, dehydrated pumpkin powder (it's full of fiber), and enticed him to eat all his dinner with a splash of savory meaty oil from the dinner i cooked for myself.. then walked him like 4 times as much as normal. 

he's still uninterested in having a shit. hopefully tomorrow it breaks loose and he pushes out a the troublemaker. if not i'll have to take him to the vet and let them do some kind of dog enema or whatever is they do in situations like this. 

update: dog took a nice dump this morning after 2 walks. 

i need new tires on my car. made an appointment at the wrong location. it's a chain and they have a few locations and i somehow picked the one all the way across town. so tomorrow i get to fight traffic in late afternoon because i'm stupid. it's not that much further away from the place i intended to make an appointment but it's in fuck all right at the other side of the afternoon traffic shitshow. 

update: dog took a nice dump this morning after 2 walks. 

this is like that app i see ads for where you pay a lot of cash to someone in a green shirt to walk your dog and they update you when the doggie shits, but this is watmm so it only costs like $3 a year. 

It's raining hard af and i have uninstalled / replacement bathroom cabinets sitting in a covered but sometimes leaky garage and nothing useful & accessible to set under them. Gonna have to grab branches from the woods and use them as dunnage... once its not pitch black out. Here's hoping theyre not already ruined