IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Had to turn down a prospective recording client after reading about their violent criminal past... yikes.  

when i lived in san diego there was a studio that got robbed. some dudes booked a session for start time at midnight.. explained all the complicated reasoning for that time slot.. they showed up and pulled guns on the staff. tied them all up.. stole everything int he studio including the console. they had a big moving van arrive once they were ready for it and just hauled it all away and left everyone tied up. morning staff discovered the tied up engineer/assistant/runner and the empty studio. 

ya never can be too sure about people ;)

The microphone in my cell phone stopped working. As far as I know, for no reason. Everything else, fine. Didn't drop it to cause this, seems to be a random hardware failure. Have a protection plan for cheap so I'm getting a new (well, a refurbished one) with no real fuss, a few days of inconvenience I guess? This is SFWPs after all.

lol this turned into a debacle. I'm on the road for work and so when i gave the guy a different address (the hotel) to send it to instead of my home address, he fucked it up and Google won't fucking ship me another replacement until they get the replacement they sent out back from Fedex. FedEx is obviously in no rush to get this back to Google so I've been waiting and waiting, and customer support is jerking me around just saying 'we can't do anything else til that gets back, we'll contact you when it does. eventually. maybe monday. soon.' so i'm just pissed at google and seriously considering just selling the replacement on ebay and taking my losses but the fucking camera on this Pixel is goddamned killer and i don't wanna give that up. /whining

The microphone in my cell phone stopped working. As far as I know, for no reason. Everything else, fine. Didn't drop it to cause this, seems to be a random hardware failure. Have a protection plan for cheap so I'm getting a new (well, a refurbished one) with no real fuss, a few days of inconvenience I guess? This is SFWPs after all.

lol this turned into a debacle. I'm on the road for work and so when i gave the guy a different address (the hotel) to send it to instead of my home address, he fucked it up and Google won't fucking ship me another replacement until they get the replacement they sent out back from Fedex. FedEx is obviously in no rush to get this back to Google so I've been waiting and waiting, and customer support is jerking me around just saying 'we can't do anything else til that gets back, we'll contact you when it does. eventually. maybe monday. soon.' so i'm just pissed at google and seriously considering just selling the replacement on ebay and taking my losses but the fucking camera on this Pixel is goddamned killer and i don't wanna give that up. /whining

I had a problem with my phone where the tip of a headphone broke off in it

So i got it fixed at a local store

Now I'm curious if it's still water resistant but I'm putting off asking that question because i fear that it is not.

You should sue. It works for Trump, it can work for you! MAAA! (Making auxien awesome again/Making auxien android again)

I had a problem with my phone where the tip of a headphone broke off in it

So i got it fixed at a local store

Now I'm curious if it's still water resistant but I'm putting off asking that question because i fear that it is not.

There's a tool specifically for this issue called GripStick Headphone Plug Extraction Tool.

But some people get it out using the tube from a ballpoint pen. For example, take the tube from inside the pen. Put superglue inside the tube. Push the tube into the headphone port so it goes around the headphone plug, let it settle and then pull. Alternatively, instead of glue, heat the tube a bit so it becomes soft, push it in, let it cool and pull out.

Haven't tried any of these so I can't say how well they work.

Although I'm slightly late with this update, my dad passed away nearly a week ago. So my brother (also a WATMM member) and I have a legal clusterfuck on our hands that could take a while to resolve, regarding his pending house sale, potential credit card debt, absence of any will, etc.

But I'm not fishing for hugs or condolences here necessarily. If anything this is just a major life update that I've felt needed to be known sooner or later.

Edited by ambermonk

hang in there fellow alaskan

ears are fuckin ugly... look at the mirror and stare at them shits sticking out like a sore thumb, damn

fuck you talking about ears are awesome. you should cut off your ears and suffer the deafness and lack of sick beats and lush pads as punishment for your impudence.

I guess i'm oficially out of touch when it comes to memes cause i just watched a tiktok 'meme' compilation and I dont know what the fuck is going on. It's like vine for absolute retards

hang in there fellow alaskan

ears are fuckin ugly... look at the mirror and stare at them shits sticking out like a sore thumb, damn

fuck you talking about ears are awesome. you should cut off your ears and suffer the deafness and lack of sick beats and lush pads as punishment for your impudence.

u right sorry, i was drunk and staring at my ugly ass ears

Cheers, guys. There's a lot to go thru, but we'll sort it all out one way or another. In the meantime, let us take a minute of silence and then hit the Dank Memes thread.

Really though, I appreciate all your kindness.

Sorry about your dad and the legal situation amber, my uncle passed away earlier this year without a will and my mom and cousins are still sorting it all out.

I already chose convenience, I'm not interesting enough to be bothered by it or to suffer any consequences.

I already chose convenience, I'm not interesting enough to be bothered by it or to suffer any consequences.

I agree that we're essentially nobodies as long as we're not involved in any suspicious activities but the question is whether corporations/governments should have this power over us in the first place.

Maybe we won't suffer from any consequences but there are people that do. Maybe it's right to fight for them at least.

I don't know what to do tbh.

I've had it with the cold snowy winters in my region and seriously considering working abroad in a non-winter climate if possible. Like Australia. It might only be possible in 2 or 3 years, but I'm really fucking done with snow.