IGNORED

Who's record collection would you raid?

beerwolf

Autechre hands down :braindance:

Afx? Mmmm not sure, BOC? Hippy campfire stuff and the Incredible String Band, mmm no thanks. Mr Jenkinson? Could be a bit naff I reckon, bit too jazzy and clever for my liking.

Autechre all the way I reckon.

What about you Lords of the Watmmers?

I'd be suprised if Autechre don't win this.

Autechre would have mostly old-school hip hop. I remember reading that it's pretty much all they listen to.

Aphex would have some classic techno, Serge Gainsbourgh(read that in an old interview) Nurse With Wound, Merzbow, Morissey, jazz that Tom Jenkinson made him listen to, Porcupine Tree???? and some stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAx9Nc75lPw

BoC would have lots of Bruce Hornsby, ABBA, Chumbawumba, Celine Dion, Kool and the Gang, and Kenny G. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tom Jenkinson would have some Basic Channel, classical, and some of the best fucking jazz. I bet he has the best collection by far.

Mixmaster Morris has a room full of goodies

I reckon Richard has a fair collection too, I remember him saying the postie was always fucked off with his with all the CD's and stuff he had to deliver to the farm

I bet Ceephax has every acid house vinyl ever made

don't want to here Autechre's collection as I think I've heard it all already in the podcasts

Fuck. I didn't read the fine text. sorry! Probably BOC, Kenny G rules. I've got the retro hip hop stuff covered myself.

John Peel

john peel

let the man rest in peace you goddamned vultures.

My pick:

Aphex

Naw just kidding, it's actually john Peel

if you want to raid ae's record collection just download that 12 hour mix. it's fucking killer.

Thanks Jules, I haven't ever heard that. Been on the 'to do list' for a while.

Can anyone provide a link? To save me a bit of time searching for it.

Autechre seems to have the wider range of influence/taste... hip-hop, electronic, funk, obscure shit, etc... I'd probably go for that first

As great as BoC are they'd probably be slightly more limited... Jenkinson would probably be just a bunch of obscure jazz shit that while not bad, I'd probably grow tired of, same with AFX but rater electronic than jazz

if you want to raid ae's record collection just download that 12 hour mix. it's fucking killer.

Autechre - 2008-02-23 - Autechre.ws webcast [mp3] 496MB

from downloads page here... http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67517-the-downloads-are-in-here/page__view__findpost__p__1619783

Autechre - 2008-02-23 - Autechre.ws webcast [mp3] 496MB

from downloads page here... http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67517-the-downloads-are-in-here/page__view__findpost__p__1619783

:cisfor:

thanks keltoi. i particularly love parts 7,8 and 9.

afx or squarepusher, hard to choose

why choose either? why hasn't anybody realized that sample-friendly musicians' record collections would easily be the most eclectic to explore, with so many great surprises? come on!

Archived