IGNORED

Plaid North America Dates MEGATHREAD (Nov 2011)

dr lopez

lol, more like you, who needs to deal with it!

that is shit, tho, the 21 thing. gutted man.

don't know why at least 18 year old's and over can't just be let in to clubs and places like that in the US, but just not be served alcohol.

what, is it too much effort and hassle to just ask people for ID if you think they're under 21??

lazy, backward, stupid policy.

Sometimes it's insurance, in a way. If you don't sell a lot of tickets, the venue can make it back on drinks. In fact, a lot of the club's revenue is made from drinks, so if someone bought a ticket and isn't drinking at all, then the club loses out.

Although, if they know they're guaranteed to make X amount of money, then I don't see why they don't make it 18+. It could also be the individual liquor laws from state to state. There were more 18+ shows when I lived in Columbus, and I haven't really seen any in Boston or SF.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't decide if I want to go to the Seattle show or not. I don't listen to Plaid at all, the tickets are 15 dollars, and it'll be a bitch to get there by myself since I don't drive, but I really want to go to a show, and they would probably be a good one.

edit: is anyone else here going to go?

I'm going! :sup:

don't know why at least 18 year old's and over can't just be let in to clubs and places like that in the US, but just not be served alcohol.

what, is it too much effort and hassle to just ask people for ID if you think they're under 21??

This particular venue is not strictly 21+, it depends on the show. That said, I don't know why Plaid is 21+. They're not that well known, they'd sell more tickets if they'd open it up to 18+. Last time I saw Prefuse 73 at the same place it was 18+.

Vancouver was great last night! Sounds to me like at least half the tracks they performed were unreleased as of yet. There was one amazing track were the syncopating rhythms were top-quality and constantly shifting; myself and others were tripping over ourselves trying to groove to it! I found the track on YouTube in poor quality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEcC-som8qY&feature=related

They also played out the Japanese bonus track 'Outside Orange'!

Was anyone at the SF show?

My girlfriend and I had a great time. It seemed to me like a Scintilli + Greatest Hits tour? Maybe it's because they played a lot of tunes I like, idk.

This particular venue is not strictly 21+, it depends on the show. That said, I don't know why Plaid is 21+. They're not that well known, they'd sell more tickets if they'd open it up to 18+. Last time I saw Prefuse 73 at the same place it was 18+.

yeah, makes sense. did you see them yet mate?

Vancouver was great last night! Sounds to me like at least half the tracks they performed were unreleased as of yet. There was one amazing track were the syncopating rhythms were top-quality and constantly shifting; myself and others were tripping over ourselves trying to groove to it! I found the track on YouTube in poor quality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEcC-som8qY&feature=related

They also played out the Japanese bonus track 'Outside Orange'!

haha, i remember going to Plaid gigs before and talking to random people in the crowd and everyone was like 'this is wicked, but you can't dance to it, it's all off-beat and weird!'. lol,

I thought it was a worthy effort, but really they just aren't a showy kind of group. Love listening and will always buy their stuff, but they are not a live show. They don't look at, acknowledge or read the crowd at all. Perfect example is when they got to "Host" the BEST track from either one of those Japanese soundtracks. Perfect hot dancey type song. It comes on and finally everyone is feeling a real accessible groove and in 50 seconds or less they move right on into some other like blah track that you could never feel and that goes on for like 7 min. I mean at that moment I was honestly pissed, went out and had a smoke. WTF?

But I was drunk and it was fun to be there w/ the folks in LA and see the boys on the stage so fuck it. Remembered hearing "Fum" from the Balkan Vinyl Purple 12" as an opener, mostly Scintilli and unreleased stuff, a few Double Figure tracks and reworks, "Host" from Heaven's Door, ended on "Eyen" and encored w/ "At Last" which was a bit of a rework too.

feel you. i don't think Plaid have ever been big on live shows, tho..? and i mean, they're just not a dancey act, (and i'm not sure if they're toooo into doing it, either?) never really have been. but not that that's a bad thing at all. if you want to dance, go to a club where they'll play the latest show-ho-ho-down of R'nB, club cheese... all night long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLziusKW4s

Guest recycle

plaid are better than you, they dont need to acknowledge you

when i saw them years ago, they said hi, hello, bumped into them in the theater

seemed totally ace.

I doubt they would ever throw down" ARE YOUREADY TO RAWK CHI-TOWN, WHERE ARE MY JOYREX PEEPS!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I've only seen them once, maybe 2000 in miami. They had the robotic claw/camera thing going on, but the music was really good. Lot's of electro style, everyone was jazzercizing. It's a bummer that I missed this 2011 tour.

Archived