IGNORED

World's Biggest Comspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

sup

bonus poll!!!!   

75 members have voted

1. 1. bonus poll!!!! should obama tell the world if 9/11 is a conspiracy

• yes
    • no
    • 9/11 was a conspiracy which was so big obama didnt even know so i cant answer

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously they didn't find much out from the encrypted thumb drive that they stole off Miranda. (hence the office raid (although perhaps they did and so they thought that if they went and destroyed guardian equipment that would solve the issue, man these people are iQ deficient clone warts)).

Also, now i get to say that joke, when the secret police detained Miranda (greenwald's boyfriend) I wonder if they read him his miranda rights. (yeah i know that heathrow isn't in the US (although lately given what's been going on, it might as well be)).

iQ deficient clone warts

Lol.

Though destroying hard drives at the Guardian is so old school and low-tech it almost has to be a cover for something more nefarious. Like, what a great excuse to bug the offices, or plant something illegal. This is the conspiracy thread, after all!

Yeah spelling seems to be a low priority in thread titles these days. What's the comspiracy there, hmm? Republican defunding of schools? TURNED OUT 2B TRU

I've not read this whole thread but.....

I used to read all sorts of conspiracy shit and watch docu's n shit but now you just can't believe anything even if it's from a credible source.

What are you supposed to believe ? Unless you've seen it yourself how do you know it's true?

I think it's all very interesting but you can't really take it serious can you?

But the weirdest thing that's happened recently is the whole Sandy Hook incident! I just don't know what's going on there...

• 2 months later...

Governments have done screwed up things as long as there have been governments.

9/11 was not one of them however. You can debate all you want about the reasons why the U.S. was attacked on that day, but the people who claim that it was an "inside job" are simply wrong.

And how exactly are any of their well founded points wrong. It should be beyond debate by now. Well unless you have a mind mired in a fog of cognitive dissonance or you haven't researched the topic.

I've not read this whole thread but.....

I used to read all sorts of conspiracy shit and watch docu's n shit but now you just can't believe anything even if it's from a credible source.

What are you supposed to believe ? Unless you've seen it yourself how do you know it's true?

I think it's all very interesting but you can't really take it serious can you?

But the weirdest thing that's happened recently is the whole Sandy Hook incident! I just don't know what's going on there...

What do you mean? It was just a run-of-the-mill school shooting

perpetrated by one of Barack Hussein Obama's MK-Ultra sleeper assassins

Governments have done screwed up things as long as there have been governments.

9/11 was not one of them however. You can debate all you want about the reasons why the U.S. was attacked on that day, but the people who claim that it was an "inside job" are simply wrong.

interesting declaration. considering that even if you don't believe it was an 'inside job' to say that the government *did not* do anything 'screwed up' on 9/11 would be an amazing statement, considering how many intelligence warnings they received before the event, Bush being in a school for 20 minutes while the attacks were happening and not getting back to DC until 6pm, as well as the extreme delays in intercepting any of the planes. If we are to take 9/11 on it's face, it was a huge fuckup of epic proportions even if you remove any possibility of conspiracy.

also the fact that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were on all Cipro (the anthrax antibiotic) a month before the letters were sent, and they never issued any kind of public warning that could have prevented 5 deaths including a NY Post reporter and several Brentwood postal workers. Seems pretty 'screwed up' to me

• 3 weeks later...

I was fascinated by the martial law that was laid down on Boston after the bombings. To me, it just showed that el governmento el uesaos was very much willing to try out how the population would respond on such a display of dominance.

The response was meek, non resisting.

I was fascinated by the martial law that was laid down on Boston after the bombings. To me, it just showed that el governmento el uesaos was very much willing to try out how the population would respond on such a display of dominance.

The response was meek, non resisting.

There was some interesting discussion about it at yesterday's show of Bill Maher with Radley Balko. Who has written a book about it (not a coincidence..): Rise of the Warrior Cop.

The title speaks volumes.

Here's some extra stuff to read: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323848804578608040780519904

If you browse online police discussion boards, or chat with younger cops today, you will often encounter some version of the phrase, "Whatever I need to do to get home safe." It is a sentiment that suggests that every interaction with a citizen may be the officer's last. Nor does it help when political leaders lend support to this militaristic self-image, as New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg did in 2011 by declaring, "I have my own army in the NYPD—the seventh largest army in the world."

Interesting read.. Some sad, unnecessary incidents.

Open question: Post 9-11'ism is a place full of unreal fear. Doesn't this make 'the terrorists' the ultimate winner, because they've achieved exactly what they wanted to do in the first place (which is to invoke terror and fear in the population)?

Gah, it's so confusing.

haha, touche~

Also, from the article:

Those who think there is still a chance at reform tend to embrace the idea of community policing, an approach that depends more on civil society than on brute force.

I think this is great: the solution isn't to be found in politicians, police or any other authority: it lies in society and civil moment itself. This is a pretty idealistic notion, I am aware of that, and I hardly do anything to change the shit in the world..

Pff, off to do some yoga, which is my only sanctuary at the moment (and WATMM ofcourse)

It might be a good solution, but I don't agree that politics or some other authority wouldn't be involved. The reason is pretty simple: there's always going to be some sort of organisation with some hierarchy involved. It's almost inherent to police. The question might be what kind of organisation. In the solution you present, the organisation is a bit more grassroots, in some non-literal way.

Apart from a different organisation, it's also a thing of having a different culture, I guess. But even when you say a solution is to have some different culture in the police force, this different culture should be reflected and supported throughout the entire organisation. The top included.

Archived