IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Lucy Faringold

Who, Lopatin? I'm pretty certain he's been an item with Laurel Halo for a long time now.

Doesn't matter one way or the other.

Who, Lopatin? I'm pretty certain he's been an item with Laurel Halo for a long time now.

Doesn't matter one way or the other.

You know what... nevermind... I confused him for someone who started a "coming out" thread in GB.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I got this album (my first from this guy). I've been giving it a fair chance. it hasn't really grabbed me yet, but it does pick up near the end.

Audiophile bundle. Really impressed with the print, it's definitely headed for a fancy frame.

96mgd1.jpg

2j0mt08.jpg

Did yours not come with a slipmat either?

I brought this up with somebody at the label and they told me to fucking pick it up from the Brooklyn office. I actually live in BK, but they expect me to get out of work early and go back to BK just to pick something up that should have been included in the package in the first place? Not cool.

Guest jasondonervan

Huh, I totally forgot about the slipmat. Bit difficult for me to collect it in person when I'm a few thousand miles away!

Just got back from seeing OPN this evening. The 'live' aspect was thin at best, amounting to little more than a bit of knob twiddling and the occasional chord played. If anything, Hyetal (support act) was far more lively. No epic synth jams, but an interesting enough listen - plenty of Replica and some tracks from Returnal, crunched up here and there.

I took a recording of the set - it's surprisingly clean (using FiRe app/onboard iPhone mic) so if there's interest in that, I'll upload it when I can and link y'all up.

I took a recording of the set - it's surprisingly clean (using FiRe app/onboard iPhone mic) so if there's interest in that, I'll upload it when I can and link y'all up.

I'm very much interested, though I didn't think that Oneohtrix would perform with Ableton. That's a let-down. I was sure he would have some synths and hardware stuff with him while performing.

The bundle looks beautiful. But say, why do you have a LP, a CD and a cassette? It's three times the same release, right?

Guest jasondonervan

Oneohtrix Point Never - Live At The Cube Cinema, Bristol (22/11/2011) (48mins, 99MB)

Last night had probably one of the most respectful audiences I've ever (not) heard - not a peep out of anyone during OPN's set. The venue is an intimate cinema with around 100 capacity, which lends itself well for a decent enough recording. Enjoy!

1ooaky.jpg

let us know if he does anything 'live' when i saw him in SF he played back an Abelton file in session view (which in my mind is the same as just playing back a CD)

Was this at the On Land festival last year?

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...