• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rotchnock

Allow me to review the announcements.

dave monolith 'welcome' cd - cookie-cutter garbage

jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd - dblue gitch awful

aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd - waheva

steinvord 12" EP - LOL (but secretly looking forward to)

+ 'another' - LOLx2

vasio 'jealously' - secretly wishing he was as gifted and got a Rephlex release

anybody remember 'Yee King' ? i was listening to some of his old stuff the other day.

right. 'fatman' and 'goodnight toby' are really good trac

His album was huge for me when it came out but I think he's an architect or summat so it seems like another one-off vanity project from someone lucky enough to be mates with the GWCRDJ complex.

Yeah, I like him very much. "Goodnight Toby" is an amazing track.

Apparently he's recording again! I hadn't looked at his website in years, it's been clear he still dabbles in music, writing in supercollider and such, and coincidently he just put out a new album http://chordpunch.com/releases/cp0x03/

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Allow me to review the announcements.

dave monolith 'welcome' cd - cookie-cutter garbage

jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd - dblue gitch awful

aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd - waheva

steinvord 12" EP - LOL (but secretly looking forward to)

+ 'another' - LOLx2

vasio 'jealously' - secretly wishing he was as gifted and got a Rephlex release

rotchnock #1 REPHLEX white knight

1. AFX - Steppingfilter 101 04:46 120 2. AFX - Canticle Drawl 01:46 112 3. AFX - MC-4 Acid 03:48 129 4. AFX - Bubble n Squeek 2 01:32 135 5. AFX - Wheres Your Girlfriend 05:08 111 6. AFX - Grumpy Acid 03:23 148 7. AFX - Analord 158b 01:40 137 8. AFX - Canticle Drawl (Alt. Version) 00:36 88 9. AFX - Wheres Your Girlfriend (Another Version) 03:36 111

• 2 weeks later...

So whens this stuff coming out?

‎4thcoming releases 4 your playlist:

DECEMBER 5th - jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd

DECEMBER 5th - aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd

JANUARY 2012 - dave monolith 'welcome' cd

steinvord 12" EP + more

all on rephlex records, of course: www.rephlex.com

the two releases i was most looking forward to were pushed back to next year. was hoping they'd come out in december.

I'm not sure the next thing AFX will release will be Tuss or Analord-like. I think the reason he doesn't release new stuff is he doesn't want to make repetitions in the things he puts out. Plus he has money from the latest venues he made so doesn't need to release anything particular (I think money is the main reason he releases stuff right ? he seems to be the kind of man who makes music or art in general with a fair sense of "i don't care because I just do it for myself". I imagine him making music all the time, sharing it with his friends, and don't really caring about releasing, unless he needs money).

But still he looks like he doesn't want to release twice the same thing : Aphex releases always had been organized in the time in quite short periods with different kinds of sound and I think it's more likely that after all this time of nothing happening, he won't go for something "already heard". I believe the next thing he'll release will feature a drastic change.

Or I might just be wrong, because I know I'm way less informed about AFX than a lot of you WATMM veterans :sleep:

So whens this stuff coming out?

‎4thcoming releases 4 your playlist:

DECEMBER 5th - jodey kendrick 'plus ten' (part 2) 2cd

DECEMBER 5th - aleksi perälä 'mental union' (part 2) 2cd

JANUARY 2012 - dave monolith 'welcome' cd

steinvord 12" EP + more

all on rephlex records, of course: www.rephlex.com

the two releases i was most looking forward to were pushed back to next year. was hoping they'd come out in december.

didn't some of these get delayed?

Archived