IGNORED

Peel Sessions CD - ULTRA LIMITED

Guest New Clear Member

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the main reasons I stopped listening to Boards. They do all this shit just for their precious little inner circle, and make sure everyone finds out about it, but never gets near to any of it. I am sure they have to enjoy having a cult-like fanbase, because otherwise, if they were half-way decent people, they would do a fucking interview or two and legitimately release some back catalog to keep the fans satiated. It's all just a load of shit.

They probably do it so people stay so wrapped up in the hype, that they don't realize that the music is lazy repetitive shit.

/rant

Your rant fails. Alas.

1) they did not expose this, DJ Food did it

2) 2 interviews? what about approximately 40

3) lazy and repetitive? nah, don't get me started on this one :-)

This is one of the main reasons I stopped listening to Boards. They do all this shit just for their precious little inner circle, and make sure everyone finds out about it, but never gets near to any of it. I am sure they have to enjoy having a cult-like fanbase, because otherwise, if they were half-way decent people, they would do a fucking interview or two and legitimately release some back catalog to keep the fans satiated. It's all just a load of shit.

They probably do it so people stay so wrapped up in the hype, that they don't realize that the music is lazy repetitive shit.

/rant

Your rant fails. Alas.

1) they did not expose this, DJ Food did it

2) 2 interviews? what about approximately 40

3) lazy and repetitive? nah, don't get me started on this one :-)

4) they don't owe you, or any of us, anything whatsoever

If you read the Record Collector article, he's also got shitloads of other rare stuff collected over the years including an original Twoism. The fact that he did http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada-Sometime-In-The-Future/release/2227145 and gave 4 out of 10 copies produced to BoC makes me think they get on well.

He's my "friend" on facebook, maybe i'll ask him how he knows the bro's.

In the great wide world of the music realm only would it be possible to read a quote like that about BoC' relationship with their fans. I doubt that sentence would cut any mustard or be slightly accepted by any other fanbase in the world. If some twerp like you came onto other bands website (take your pick) and made such a statement there would be uproar.

What really irritates me is someone brought a legitimate bit of interesting BoC info to light here, and all people can do is complain about how Boards are so awful for doing something that frankly was none of anyone's business in the first place to know or even care about, since this was something they made for friends as a personal gift, not some marketing tool or designed to get the fans' panties in a bunch.

What sickens me even more is these so-called 'fans' will be falling over themselves when the new material finally does surface, forgetting all about their frustration-fueled rants from the past several years.

for real.

you guys are such control freaks ( not directed at fredd-e, joyrex, and YELLOW)

Do you honestly think any musician, "owes" any of their fans regular releases to appease them? In what fantasy world do you live in where that is even remotely approaching sanity?

Do you honestly think any musician, "owes" any of their fans regular releases to appease them? In what fantasy world do you live in where that is even remotely approaching sanity?

There's a difference between this and just being frustrated. For example, I don't see anything wrong with saying that I find the lack of BoC (and for that matter, Aphex) news to be incredibly frustrating. Obviously it's artists' and labels' prerogative to do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean I have to FEEL GREAT about it.

EDIT: So I basically agree with the previous rant, except for the part at the end about their music not actually being good. It still is good.

I agree 100%

In the great wide world of the music realm only would it be possible to read a quote like that about BoC' relationship with their fans. I doubt that sentence would cut any mustard or be slightly accepted by any other fanbase in the world. If some twerp like you came onto other bands website (take your pick) and made such a statement there would be uproar.

I pick Miley Cyrus

Another year, another slurry of anger at inactivity. I am not a huge BoC fan and have plenty of other artists work to look forward too, although I do feel sorry for those obsessive teenagers over at twoism that only got into the band in the last 5 years and have no experience of the excitement of a new BoC release. Also I would be interested to know if BoC are following the Robert Wyatt/Blue Nile method of super-slow release patterns or the Kevin Shields/Liz Fraser style flaky perfectionism leading to nothing.

There's a difference between this and just being frustrated. For example, I don't see anything wrong with saying that I find the lack of BoC (and for that matter, Aphex) news to be incredibly frustrating. Obviously it's artists' and labels' prerogative to do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean I have to FEEL GREAT about it.

EDIT: So I basically agree with the previous rant, except for the part at the end about their music not actually being good. It still is good.

Nothing wrong at all at being frustrated (I am) at any artist not putting out regular material - but to say they owe the fans or they have some obligation... that's where I have issue with some of the so-called "fans" here.

Making music is a creative endeavour, and while some musicians do it (and continue long after they should have perhaps retired) because of the money involved, most, if not all do it for a love of their craft - the process of making music. Richard James is a good example of that aesthetic - loves making music, but in a perfect world, he probably wishes he didn't have to sell it to make a living - he'd rather just put the music out there for the sake of it. I'm sure BoC have a similar viewpoint, and for whatever reason or however they're able to do so, they dictate when they release something once it meets their creative standards.

I can guarantee you this is real. Food don't do fake... Keep in mind he was asked to do the "sometime in the future" cd mix...

what makes you think DJ Food can't get faked? anyone can get faked if it's done well enough.

Even if it is real, as so many in here think it is - I guess my knee jerk reaction to it being fake is because it looks like some fanboy-made thing from Kinkos, right down to the inside sleeve image being a "kaleidoscope" photoshop of...big surprise...a PR photo of the band. How am I the only one who finds all this a little too obvious? And why is it not a possibility that even DJ Food could've been "had" by someone claiming to be who they were not?

lol no that was my first impression too, including the immediate thought 'someone hoaxed DJ food' right after i saw the guy say 'food dont do fakes' it's not cynicism, it's realism

I agree 100%

100% insane

I agree 100%

100% insane

Boards Of Canada should put their lives and family on hold and cater to 'beerwolf' here. What have you ever done that's so great I wonder?

I agree 100%

100% insane

Boards Of Canada should put their lives and family on hold and cater to 'beerwolf' here. What have you ever done that's so great I wonder?

ACTUALLY beerwolf invented pants. The American kind, not underpants.

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. The '100% insane' quote was directed at myself. For reasons explained to me earlier by Joyrex. I'm happy with that.

And I do great things everyday, thankyou.

Archived