IGNORED

Peel Sessions CD - ULTRA LIMITED

Guest New Clear Member

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely an inkjet, or printed off a color copier - I made CD versions (with cases and inserts) for my old vinyl-only stuff ages ago, and that's how I did it.

Same as. And I still do. I still hand out CDR's for my mates, who like music but don't keep right up to date. So I burn them some tracks and always make sure I put a cover art cut-out in the slot.

Now I wager that's not the most interesting thing you watmmers have read all day. But what the hell. At least I am posting something sensible on the BoC sub-forum *pats self on back*

I have tons of Cdr's from the nineties. I've never had a single one of them rot. Some of them are scuffed and scratched to Hell and back too. I'm not saying that disc rot doesn't happen, but I have never experienced it myself.

I have tons of Cdr's from the nineties. I've never had a single one of them rot. Some of them are scuffed and scratched to Hell and back too. I'm not saying that disc rot doesn't happen, but I have never experienced it myself.

I have. lost all my Cubase and Reason files from when I was in college because of it. And I was in college between 2001-2003 :cerious:

I've got a few that died from bit rot too (they ended up going brown around the edges). Ones that had a lacquer top all seem to have survived but the ones I bought that were silvered on both sides seem to have busted ...

I've got a few that died from bit rot too (they ended up going brown around the edges). Ones that had a lacquer top all seem to have survived but the ones I bought that were silvered on both sides seem to have busted ...

My MC Hammer album is the only disc I've had 'rot' on me; a sad day indeed.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::test 1

:::::::::::::::::::saturday 25th april 1998: 1pm - 11pm

:::::::kelham island industrial museum alma street off corporation

street' date=' sheffield, england

live: tortoise:autechre:certain beyond all reasonable doubt(surgeon and

mick harris):the

deacons(featuring john mc entire and jim o�rourke):sonic boom: turn

on(tim gane, andy ramsey of

stereolab and sean o�hagan of the high llamas):radioboy(dr

rockit/herbert):to rococo rot:farmers

manual(mego): isotope 217:ben nevis

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

djs: squarepusher:strictly kev(ninjatune):andrea parker(mo wax):zoviet

france::mark

clifford(disjecta/seefeel):tim gane(stereolab):boards of canada:winston

hazel:ashton

thomas(10denk):rob hall/andy maddocks/mike williamson(skam):jez

potter/mat steel(premium

leisure):russel haswell:chantal(mira calix):stevie b:d.(soul static

sound):dave wheels

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

+ a mini cinema with films; the zoom quartet and spoombung

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: +

amorphous; sound and light sculpture

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

event subject to licence :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: credit card

hotline:01142797997

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: tickets:�15 in advance:�18

on the door

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

available from:sheffield fopp:newcastle surface noise:birmingham plastic

factory:hull offbeat

records:manchester piccadilly records and pop art:nottingham select a

disc and way ahead derby,

lincoln and leeds way ahead:york depthcharge:london ambient soho,rough

trade and rhythm records[/quote']

Holy shit, what a lineup!

That's what i was thinking!! Fuck me. That Mick Harris/Surgeon collab looks well tasty.

That's what i was thinking!! Fuck me. That Mick Harris/Surgeon collab looks well tasty.

they have a collaborative release, called 'certain beyond all reasonable doubt'.

I never even knew CDRs existed in the nineties until now. Who says you don't get worthwhile info in the BoC thread?

CD-Rs are one of the main reasons MiniDisc didn't take off. Which is a shame.

I never even knew CDRs existed in the nineties until now. Who says you don't get worthwhile info in the BoC thread?

My friend is obsessed with minidiscs. He has more then 10 minidisc players, some of which are extremely rare. He still swears by the format and the quality. Puts all his wav downloads on them and takes them everywhere.

My friend is obsessed with minidiscs. He has more then 10 minidisc players, some of which are extremely rare. He still swears by the format and the quality. Puts all his wav downloads on them and takes them everywhere.

I still love MD, I've got a fairly decent Sony deck but caved into these new-fangled CDr things long ago and now it lies a semi-neglected technorelic. I used to love shuffling tracks around within playlists (or compilations as I used to call them) and pedantically labelling the display details for every single track, a lot more OCD fun than tagging MP3s. Sounded ace as well.

My MC Hammer album is the only disc I've had 'rot' on me; a sad day indeed.

My copy of 'Three Feet High & Rising' was the first one I noticed about 5 years ago but haven't come across another one.

Not even my copy of Coil "Stolen and Contaminated Songs" ever rotted, and that cd was rumored to be prone to that.

not as much as the CD pressing of how to destroy angels + remixes. apparently finding a playable copy of that is near-impossible.

I still love MD, I've got a fairly decent Sony deck but caved into these new-fangled CDr things long ago and now it lies a semi-neglected technorelic. I used to love shuffling tracks around within playlists (or compilations as I used to call them) and pedantically labelling the display details for every single track, a lot more OCD fun than tagging MP3s. Sounded ace as well.

I still swear by MiniDisc, I have the last Hi-MD recorder that Sony made

Sony_MZRH1_black.jpg

the quality of the amp on that thing is amazing. i have quite a few Hi-MD discs too (the 1GB ones), but they're getting harder to come across these days (and more expensive). I should really try to snap up a few more.

Not even my copy of Coil "Stolen and Contaminated Songs" ever rotted, and that cd was rumored to be prone to that.

not as much as the CD pressing of how to destroy angels + remixes. apparently finding a playable copy of that is near-impossible.

Really? Mine plays perfectly.. I've had it forever.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a gift from BOC to a couple of close friends from years back. The material has had an official release through Warp records since then. How the fuck does that ammount to trolling? subforum is 100% insane.

This is a gift from BOC to a couple of close friends from years back. The material has had an official release through Warp records since then. How the fuck does that ammount to trolling? subforum is 100% insane.

you're actually only partially correct here. one important track is missing from the official release, which makes this Very Limited Edition rather unique.

I see, but are BOC, BBC or Warp to blame?

edit: or the late John Peel, bless his heart.

For whatever reason, BoC decided not to release this track. It would be interesting to know if there's any reason other than "we didn't want to" behind it...

From the sound of the little interview before XYZ, I gather that it is a pretty rough track that they had been working on, rather than a polished final product

For whatever reason, BoC decided not to release this track. It would be interesting to know if there's any reason other than "we didn't want to" behind it...

From the sound of the little interview before XYZ, I gather that it is a pretty rough track that they had been working on, rather than a polished final product

Is there anywhere one can listen to the full broadcast? No, I'm not asking for someone to PM me with warez, was just wondering since I've never had a chance to hear the banter between tracks and that'd be a nice thing to hear.

Archived