IGNORED

I've been thinking about considering a career as a Stand Up Comedian

oyster

People sometimes to often say to me, "Drew you should become a stand up comedian,"

Once a boy named Ethan said, "Drew, you're too funny for your own good." He is a Jehova's Witness

I am quite humorous and rather handsome. I am also very creative and I enjoy comedic people and events.

Maybe I'll TRY it on for size.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making people laugh that expect for you to make them laugh is one of the hardest things to do. It's actually a really funny thing about how people behave. If you tell them flat out that you came up with a joke and then tell them, they won't like it. However, if you sneak it into conversation and make it sound like something you just came up with, then they think it's great.

That said, you should still try it. I've thought about doing it as a hobby since I write down weird jokes that I think of.

i've been listening to a LOT of stand up lately.

being a comedian is definitely a calling and must come naturally to those who want it. i can't imagine somebody just one day waking up and saying "i think i want to be a comedian for the rest of my life!". i think it's something that you always knew you'd do.

but, that said, you should try to make it happen if that's what's in your heart.

edit: a really good watmm-ism would be for you to record yourself doing stand up for watmm in the next day or two. it would be so satisfying for us. you'd be our hero, and if you eventually took off, we could say we heard it here first.

Making people laugh that expect for you to make them laugh is one of the hardest things to do.

very true.

bad stand up comedy is hilarious in it's own right. i've seen some pretty embarrassing comedy at open mic's. if you're with good friends, you can be the group to make all the laughter and ease the room up a bit.

People sometimes to often say to me, "Drew you should become a stand up comedian,"

Once a boy named Ethan said, "Drew, you're too funny for your own good." He is a Jehova's Witness

I am quite humorous and rather handsome. I am also very creative and I enjoy comedic people and events.

Do it!

It's hard, demoralizing work. I have several friends that are stand-up comedians. I could never do it.

Guest underscore

do some open mics! i got into doing them when i was 18 and had a shitload of fun doing them. some bits got some really good laughs. some bombed really hard. all were fun

Rambo should be a comic. everything he says is perfect comedy

There is absolutely no way i could do that job. I actually am in awe of anyone who can stand up on stage and do that. It'd be good to write comedy for a living though!

Good comedy comes from a place of darkness and insecurity. You can't be humorous and consider yourself rather handsome. Fuck you. Look at Dane Cook.

Granted, you can be a hack and make a metric shit ton of money. Look at Dane Cook. Fuck you.

George Carlin was pretty good looking when he was younger. You can be good looking and funny, but you have to be reeeeaaaaalllly fucking funny.

Something that Dane Cook lacks.

George Carlin was pretty good looking when he was younger. You can be good looking and funny, but you have to be reeeeaaaaalllly fucking funny.

His outward appearance doesn't matter, though. It's whether he thinks he's attractive. If you think you're god's fucking gift to anything, you can't be funny.

edit: it's just science, guys

I know your opener!

"So I only have hair in one of my armpits..."

*a few chuckles*

"You know what I could go for right now? A big, rich, chocolatey, caramel-filled cunt."

That's pretty good.

His outward appearance doesn't matter, though. It's whether he thinks he's attractive. If you think you're god's fucking gift to anything, you can't be funny.

edit: it's just science, guys

This I do agree with to an extent.

Good comedy comes from a place of darkness and insecurity. You can't be humorous and consider yourself rather handsome. Fuck you. Look at Dane Cook.

Granted, you can be a hack and make a metric shit ton of money. Look at Dane Cook. Fuck you.

I've been heavily depressed for at least 7 months now. I'm also insane. I'm also ugly and no wait ah who am I kidding. But I know what it is to be sad. I know what it's like to be dead.

I love Home Movies.

Good comedy comes from a place of darkness and insecurity. You can't be humorous and consider yourself rather handsome.

Granted, you can be a hack and make a metric shit ton of money.

You beat me to that post. :dry:

Prepare to bomb. Don't let it discourage you too much if you bomb. If you keep bombing then you might not be funny. It takes time. Good luck

Stand up comedy seems like one of the most mentally straining arts.

Oh yeah, it seems to me to be an incredibly stressful calling.

But then I guess once you get over the initial fears, the thrills must be amazing.

Archived