IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I've been watching Wallander, a detective show based on a Swedish series of novels (so I'm led to believe) with all the major roles inexplicably played by Englishmen, the lead being Kenneth Branagh. Not bad, well lensed and very slow so my wife can keep up (hehe)

The Swedish originals are better though I do enjoy the Brannagh version. The English version's title graphics are nice.

Ch4.Lost.Worlds.The.Story.of.Archaeology - pretty nicely packaed and presented, unlike the arsewollers they have around doing this stuff today.

tumblr_m2ljgukV9I1qfg4oyo1_400.jpg

i have been forced to sit through nearly two seasons of hbo's girls. there are no redeeming qualities and i want to kill myself.

at least other shows about other things I can't relate to, series about British aristocrats or Italian-American mobs, or zombies, substantive things happen to characters you give at least somewhat give a shit about

I didn't hate the one episode Girls I caught part of but just the general premise kind of miffs me

meh

started

peep show .. brilliant brilliant uncensored socially awkward satire. thanks watumm

and legit.. the first episode was fun will check the rest (:

and from the shows that are airing atm I'm still following archer and workaholics

Guest Ron Manager

The Killing (original) season 1. saw season 2 when it aired because there didn't appear to be any major continuity between the different series, so finally getting round to checking out 1 now, which is supposedly better.

BBC.Venice.24 - resonable time passer with a lovely backdrop.

BBC-HD Wild Arabia - the nature bits are all right, but why do they have to incorporate humans in these documentaries nowadays. Perhaps they're getting us ready for the day when you won't be able to take pictures of animals on land, without a human somewhere in the shot.

• 2 weeks later...

OTZnbpR.jpg

i had the first 2 episodes of this new show on dvr so i decided to catch it last night. it's a prequel to psycho with the exception that it takes place in the 'hope-you-don't-mind-as-we-won't-actually-remain-accurate-to-that-storyline-all-that-much' universe.

what does that mean? well- norman bates listens to his music on an ipod, girls love him, he loves manga comics and has a brother that looks like an extra from degrassi. also his mommy is vera farmiga. oh- and you know how the events of psycho take places in arizona? yes. forget that. now they take place in some fictional town in northern california that looks like a cross between dc and marin county.

in short- if you watched psycho- this is the complete opposite of that (except the name norman bates that required to be mentioned by every character at least 5 times to reinforce that it was in fact norman bates we were looking at)

i have been forced to sit through nearly two seasons of hbo's girls. there are no redeeming qualities and i want to kill myself.

at least other shows about other things I can't relate to, series about British aristocrats or Italian-American mobs, or zombies, substantive things happen to characters you give at least somewhat give a shit about

I didn't hate the one episode Girls I caught part of but just the general premise kind of miffs me

meh

i both love and am confounded by why WATMM has zero ability to understand Girls.

meh

i both love and am confounded by why WATMM has zero ability to understand Girls.

I came around to it. great show

watched all of House of Cards the last week... great show but the last 4th petered off ... felt like they stretched like 5 episodes over 2 or 3 episodes worth of story

I have hopes that it improves... pretty fucking crazy show honestly. it does some great things

just needs a little more character and consistency and core. the three cs

haven't seen season 2 of girls. i look forward to it but can see it going up or down. i'm a sucker for well written romantic entertainment with mild elements of intellectual stuff mixed in. major sucker. way better than sex in the city. just make the artist types fuck the hot girls more, i like those parts.

I need a good show to watch on Netflix. I think I'm going to watch the original British House of Cards tonight.

also something I've been thinking... if people are really like those people in Girls, the world is going nowhere. there will be no new Aphex Twin, no new nothing.

Archer is amazing.

I'll watch this as well. looks good according to the reviews there and I have very little doubt that I'll end up watching all of it.

haven't seen season 2 of girls. i look forward to it but can see it going up or down. i'm a sucker for well written romantic entertainment with mild elements of intellectual stuff mixed in. major sucker. way better than sex in the city. just make the artist types fuck the hot girls more, i like those parts.

I need a good show to watch on Netflix. I think I'm going to watch the original British House of Cards tonight.

also something I've been thinking... if people are really like those people in Girls, the world is going nowhere. there will be no new Aphex Twin, no new nothing.

Archer is amazing.

I'll watch this as well. looks good according to the reviews there and I have very little doubt that I'll end up watching all of it.

yeah i know about 4 or 5 girls who could fit into each one of the main characters. It's horrifying. The supporting cast too. Definitely friends with gay men exactly like elijah. And hannah having academic parents who teach at a big midwest state school... and wow 70% of that show is directly my life. And it's not exaggerated. Those people exist and live in greenpoint and they all went to oberlin or wesleyan or bard (shudder) shockingly well observed and portrayed.

season 2 is good too. has a couple stinker episodes but overall very well done... and very very sad.

Edited by dr lopez

• 2 weeks later...

2yyxhck.jpg

a (sort of secret) elite team of japanese high school girls doing covert operations for the government and using a yoyo as their weapon of choice. this was very popular in nippon and eventually spawned an anime series, three movies and i'm hoping some collectable yoyos. not sure how the new stuff compares but the original 80s series kicks some serious arse (and bitchin' hairstyles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MMfUvm4g18

• 4 weeks later...

I've been enjoying Hannibal, there's a lot of things wrong with the show, but I still love it. Best gory serial killers as entertainment show on tv right now. So damned stylish, just a little too stupid to become more than a guilty pleasure.

Guest RadarJammer

Hannibal is ok, i'm not quite looking forward to it each week but I'm happy to watch but its on the edge of being just another CSI mashup

Elementary is the best detective show I've watched in awhile

Borgias (canal +) season 2 just hit netflix so I'm starting in on that which is good, better than the Showtime's version in some ways

Hemlock Grove was pretty shitty but really damn fun its kind of a mix of twin peaks and twilight and has the coolest werewolf transformation i think on film

0f7c2b140b66.gif

i would really like a new comedyy to watch that is hilarious but i havent seen. but i cant bebothered listing wht i have seen.