IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

funny too, though. I love good black humour. "don't but me!" *headbutt*

he is a bit self-involved. although - won't spoil too much - this is towards the end of the series when he's pretty much lost everything and become a shell of a man, hence the demeanour. at the start he was your typical loud, swaggering hardman full of ambitions and machismo, though quite insecure and paranoid underneath it all.

there's an interesting debate here, namely: if a person from a traditional working-class community is affected so badly by the economic climate and policies of the current government as to lose everything they possess, including their sanity, how much responsibility do they have for the situation? how much should they/can they do to get themselves out of it? as a consequence of watching this series, I've read a bit about the old mining/steel/etc blue-collar communities and the like which were considered royally fucked-over by Thatcher and the government before her even, and I've seen arguments from both sides, i.e. those who put all the blame on the gov't for depriving these people of work and dignity, and those who put all the responsibility on those people to just adapt and get on i.e. re-educate. the answer's probably somewhere in the middle.

Maybe some can sell drugs to pay for school? Ideally, right? The government can put the blame on a single person, but not a large group of people. Determinism is a stronger force than free will (which is just a necessary illusion anyway). Social class can convince people of what's expected of them. The Wire does a much better job than I could explaining this situation and from many more angles.

Now done The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad. What else is there? Is American Horror Story any good?

Watched to final two episodes of Hannibal. The show has had it's fair share ups and downs, but it payed off in the end. I wonder where they'll take it from here.

Now done The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad. What else is there? Is American Horror Story any good?

West Wing, Oz

Watched the latest episode of AMCs The Killing. Peter Saarsgard could nail an emmy for his work on this one. Best state execution sequence I can recall. Sorry Puffy.

Watched the latest episode of AMCs The Killing. Peter Saarsgard could nail an emmy for his work on this one. Best state execution sequence I can recall. Sorry Puffy.

This season of The Killing is actually pretty good imo, at least until now. The first two seasons were kind of awfully written. This season is both darker and actually a little funny and tonally balanced. The story is still kind of overdone. But Saarsgard. Man. That's the good shit. Give him all the emmys.

That part with Nicholas Lea in the prison yard was great. Never fucking trust Krycek.

Edited by baph

This season of The Killing is actually pretty good imo, at least until now. The first two seasons were kind of awfully written. This season is both darker and actually a little funny and tonally balanced. The story is still kind of overdone. But Saarsgard. Man. That's the good shit. Give him all the emmys.

That part with Nicholas Lea in the prison yard was great. Never fucking trust Krycek.

totally agree. Krycek played the perfect sociopath. I liked his whole spiel about since he cant kill with his hands, he has to use words & then tells saargard how bored he was with him now. Sailsbury steak is not steak, it's just ground beef. The gasping & choking hanging was hella vicious. Holder needs to work on his crying, but he had some funny shit in that episode.

Saarsgard deserves something for his portrayal, the way he perks his ears when he loses his shit was a nice nuance. like a dog cornered.

Edited by olo

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Started watching The Returned recently. Three episodes in and I'm intrigued, it has a lot of promise. Mogwai does the musique.

Started watching The Returned recently. Three episodes in and I'm intrigued, it has a lot of promise. Mogwai does the musique.

Total waste of 8 hours. (not including the 30 seconds or so where you see Lena's tits)

Got past one episode in American Horror Story, may have been the biggest pile of toss I've ever seen. How has it run for more than one season? Does it improve drastically?

250px-Dexter_Season_8_promotional_poster

whoa! this season is terrible. i honestly think it's worse than the one that had julia stiles on it.

lol, it is. I still can't get over the fact that for a supposed sociopath and serial killer that Dexter seems like less of a disturbed person than I am. Should i get help? or is it just that he is the tamest most normal serial killer ever portrayed on film

Total waste of 8 hours. (not including the 30 seconds or so where you see Lena's tits)

top of the lake. 4 episodes in. very good so far.

Gaylord. LUDD reminds me of the Matthew Mcconachay character in The Paperboy.