IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Bob's Burgers is perpetually my favorite tv show on currently. Just wrapped up season 3 of Breaking Bad.

Also caught an episode of American Dad! that was surprisingly good: it was a parody/homage to present day indie movies. I was laughing but also realizing I'm such a sucker for Wes Anderson, Gondry, Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, etc.

I'm watching In Treatment which is one of the best shows I've seen, hands down.

The acting and writing (especially in season 1) is on one level with my all-time-favorite series Six Feet Under. No idea why I've never heard of this before.

• 3 weeks later...

Banshee_promotional_poster.jpg

i like this show. it's incredibly over-the-top and at times predictable but i'm really enjoying it for some reason.

episode 3 (i think) has this great scene where this dude gets beat-tha-fuck-up. if anyone has seen it and would like to discuss it i'm down. like how badly fucked up did that guy get?

Guest disparaissant

watching almost human. only watched one episode so far, but it is surprisingly really good!

also it has gareth keenan in it, looking amazingly NOT like a creepy man-boy:

AH_MackenzieCrook.jpg

a friend got me watching Death Note. This show is amazing.

There is a death note TV series? Is it anime or live action?

Just reading book 6 of the manga gotta grab the rest....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Guest RadarJammer

One of the best TV shows of all time for sure.

if you can stomach more than a few seconds of Danny McBride

you can't?

the dude bugs me down to the core

Watched over Xmas break at my parents house:

Derek - all 7 episodes in one sitting - really liked it.

Saxondale (really enjoying this)

The Wrong Mans (bit too chaotic but good)

The League of Gentlemen (fucking weird show)

QI

• 2 weeks later...

Generation Kill, for probably the 5th or 6th time. so fucking good. everyone should see this. probably the most honest depiction of war, and the consequences of war, in the 21st century.

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, it was really good. but the ending was kind of a let down compared to the rest of it. but like i said, still a really good show.

New show i just finished, Black Lagoon. loved the crap outta this one.

Next up for my anime pleasure, Trigun. Late to the game i know but saw a little bit and it looked great.

Guest Ron Manager

The Bridge season 2 just began on BBC4. definitely my favourite of the recent influx of Scandinavian crime dramas. so far, it's business as usual in Copenhagen and Malmo.

Lilyhammer

The danish Netflix store's collection of movies and series is just awful. This was the best I could find, but it's actually really funny. I had no idea that norwegians had this much self-irony, as there is in this series.

It's fun to watch the american organized crime culture meeting the scandinavian 'softness' (can't really find the right term). There is a particular scene where the american protagonist has to go to a norwegian prison. And they're having block flute classes, baking cakes and stuff. I don't imagine that happening in american prisons. But that kind of shit is seriously what is happening in scandinavian prisons.. quite funny.

Watching this on US Netflix now, I hate to use the word "cute" but that's just what comes to mind. I wish more carefree but thought-out "culture clashing" shows like this were around. Usually such shows are too overwrought on drama and having literal "messages" or way too heavy on goofy stereotypes. The characters are quite likable too and the cinematography is great.

yeah, it was really good. but the ending was kind of a let down compared to the rest of it. but like i said, still a really good show.

New show i just finished, Black Lagoon. loved the crap outta this one.

Next up for my anime pleasure, Trigun. Late to the game i know but saw a little bit and it looked great.

Trigun gets crazy/dark in a way that is faster and more urgent than any other anime I've seen (just the good ones are what I've seen).

Serial Experiments Lain

the opening theme is soooooo good. It's one of those tunes where every single element has its own catchy little melody, & there's little peripheral grooves going on in the background - there's this one little high-register guitar line drifting around in the background midway through. I didn't even notice it the first few times but it's exactly the kinda thing that makes me go "ah shiiittttt" when I find one

So Dido. It's good in a way similar to the theme to Mushi Shi.