IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 11/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rubin Farr said:

I love the book and the mini series, but I'm not feeling this trailer at all. 

Not sure about the cast, though Hiroyuki Sanada is wicked, the actor playing Lady Mariko is jarring. 

On 10/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, o00o said:

Scavengers Reign is one of the best animated series I have seen for years

Max Teases Original Sci-Fi Adult Animated Series 'Scavengers Reign' |  Animation Magazine

i watched the first ep. i’m always hesitant to watch something like this )call it anime or whatever) but when i hit a really good one it’s just amazing how limitless people’s imaginations can be and how animated shows are really only bound by the creativity and talent of the people working on it… compared to other shows/movies etc it just feels infinite which is pretty inspiring 

Edited by exitonly
  • Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

Trying to find a place to watch The Shield as it's been on my list for years. Subscribed to Apple because google said it was streaming but have to pay £11 extra a season to watch it. Not a happy bunny. It use to be on Channel 4 but was taken down. Bummer.

2 hours ago, exitonly said:

i watched the first ep. i’m always hesitant to watch something like this )call it anime or whatever) but when i hit a really good one it’s just amazing how limitless people’s imaginations can be and how animated shows are really only bound by the creativity and talent of the people working on it… compared to other shows/movies etc it just feels infinite which is pretty inspiring 

yeah it gets really weird over time. It pushes the standards concerning animated Sci-Fi to a point that most amines on Netflix  just look boring 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Started watching The Blacklist with James Spader. Perfect brain pablum for when you don't want to think. Crank suspension of disbelief up to 11 to enjoy properly.

I quite liked this one at the start mostly due to James Spader (been a fan since that lawyer show which's name I can't recall), but it runs out of ideas quite fast. I think I gave it up around the third season. Can't believe it's still going on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, exitonly said:

watch everything u can by this guy:

edit: spacedandy as well and adventure time (not anime)...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, GORDO said:

I quite liked this one at the start mostly due to James Spader (been a fan since that lawyer show which's name I can't recall), but it runs out of ideas quite fast. I think I gave it up around the third season. Can't believe it's still going on.

Yeah I’m only on episode 14 or something and they’ve already basically exhausted all the tropes. I actually laughed at the Japanese guy holding a fucking sword in the middle of the street in Tokyo. 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, cruising for burgers said:

watch everything u can by this guy:

edit: spacedandy as well and adventure time (not anime)...

this shit looks outrageous in a very good way.

• Big Brain 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, o00o said:

Just watched the last episode of scavengers reign. Beautifully done. I hope they get renewed for another season 

That was an incredible end to the season, let’s hope we get like 9 more. From what I see whenever I’m on the HBO max app it’s always in the top 5 for ‘popular now’ or whatever, which seems very encouraging. I never would have imagined an adult animation sci-fi series like this would be so well received but I’m very content being wrong in this case. 

I've recently got quite friendly with some new customers of mine. Three guys in their late 50's who have fine taste in wine/beer, film and song. Music wise they into Sabbath, Sex Pistols, PIL, Joy Division, Kraftwerk, Killing Joke, Motorhead, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sonic Youth etc etc. One of the dudes son is an Aphex Twin fan, but posts on reddit not watmm. Plenty in common, which is nice because these people don't exist much in my world, so to have 3 of them in a room is cool. They asked me for my favourite film list, so we were discussing that for a few weeks. Lol they said 'hey dude there aint much comedy on here' but I said I find comedy a very tricky road to navigate even though I very much enjoy having a laugh. What's the point to this post? Well once they sussed me out they said 

Yo Wolf Man you gotta watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you will love it!

So I guess that's up next

• Like 2

^tried Curb a couple of times but couldn't get through an episode. something about it just felt off, idk. seen some funny clips from it tho so i know there's some gold in there, especially with as stellar of a cast as they have

i just finished up Ted Lasso because i'm into that earnest sappy heartwarming shit when it's done well, and yeah, they did it well. this whole season was a little too fairytale but it probably would've been sour otherwise...dig drag a bit, got bloated and leaned on the drama but it felt like they were following the characters honestly away from the 30-minute comedy thing, which all worked. and honestly i really hope that was the end of the show cause yeah, i could see it dragging out longer and such but how often does that work? knock out a few good seasons, let things wrap up where they do, then kick it to the curb. it's just a tv show with made up characters...make up some new ones now. tv shows are meant to be a bit fleeting, imperfect, rough around the edges when you look too close, yknow? just a vehicle to let some writers write, some actors act, etc., and let the audience tune in to another little tiny world for a little while.

1 minute ago, auxien said:

^tried Curb a couple of times but couldn't get through an episode. something about it just felt off, idk. seen some funny clips from it tho so i know there's some gold in there, especially with as stellar of a cast as they have

My cousin tried too and the reason he couldn’t finish watching any episodes was “I can’t handle looking at this guy’s face” 😅

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:40 AM, Rubin Farr said:

this looks good...can tell they're showing off the production quality/sets/costumes which is a good sign (we SPENT MONEY on this, pls watch) but also getting the vibe they're all setting it up to be a Game of Thrones level thing, which could mean if it doesn't do fuckin' stellar in the first season or two, it'll get canned. i remember that main guy from Helix (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2758950/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_13_act) which was only watchable because of his and the other actors performances. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

My cousin tried too and the reason he couldn’t finish watching any episodes was “I can’t handle looking at this guy’s face” 😅

lol yeah can see that

but like, this is a good example....everyone is CONSTANTLY winking at the camera and the viewer, it's weird....it's like the direction is trying to telegraph 'hey, this bit is f u n n y just look! down the barrel just waiting for LARRY DAVID to DO A BIT! you're going to be doing this with your friends!' and just...idk, can't lock in with it and just watch. it's like watching SNL or something, like the premise is funny enough, and it got some laughs at the table read but then on camera? just falls flat because it wasn't honed and directed well. Seinfeld was pretty great but Larry David on camera 'playing' a 'character' is just a bit too much.

anti-CYE rant over now sorry. i'm with your cousin. buy him a beer for me.

honestly I don't think he's playing a character, it's kind of an autobiography, he's basically playing a caricature of himself? someone back me up here... I've had a hard time as well getting into it, this guy is unbearable, but I kind of identify myself with him so I'll give it a chance... after a while it ended up paying off, no regrets... I little bit cringey but love it to bits and can easily understand that if you're not in the mood you won't get past trough the 1st episode... anyway I would recommend to stick with it for a while... there's not really much of a canon so just skim trough some episodes and choose one to your liking...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Thanks 1