IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Currently watching the new season of The Crown. It's gut-wrenching. Very well done. Just watched S6E3 and was floored. Possibly the best episode of the show, so far, imo.

Whether fact or fiction, it's some great tv.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:42 PM, dumplings said:

Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix.

Half way through at the moment and the story is really good, animation is lovely.

great recommendation. really like the art style and storytelling.

I am still a bit confused if the Samurai is male or female as the voice is by a female speaker and he / she looks quite female but i guess thats all on purpose 

Is Mizu From 'Blue Eye Samurai' Gay?

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

Just now, o00o said:

I am still a bit confused if the Samurai is male or female as the voice is by a female speaker and he / she looks quite female but i guess thats all on purpose 

it's a trans woman bruv...

• Like 1

Just saw the first episode. I don’t know. It doesn’t feel like a winner, but I’ll give it another episode or two before I throw in the towel.

Spoiler

Nothing feels grounded at all, which is fine, I guess, but lots of things happen that just feel uncomfortable. Jennifer Jason Leigh seems too young to be that dude’s mom.

Also, those Minnesota accents are pretty fuckin corny. I have a lot of friends in Minnesota and zero of them sound like that. 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:30 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Currently watching the new season of The Crown. It's gut-wrenching. Very well done. Just watched S6E3 and was floored. Possibly the best episode of the show, so far, imo.

Whether fact or fiction, it's some great tv.

s6 has been getting hammered by critics. seems to me like a sudden about-face where they haven't realised that the show's been kind of soapy for at least the last 2-3 seasons, i.e. since it's caught up with more recognisable times (80s onwards). but I can't comment fully til I see it. this is a "mum time" show for me, we watch it when I'm over at her place for weekend biryani.

• Like 2

AAAABagrn_rj3RFxXfJYsWcgplrwyu6wdKwjaYxX

this show should usher the beginning of the end for civilization, and it's actually pretty addicting (as it should be). it's basically squid game lite (games minus the deaths) with fake "real" people reduced to numbers getting "eliminated" while forcing contestants to plot against one another in (predictably) unscrupulous fashion

13 hours ago, o00o said:

Nearly finished with Blue Eye Samurai S01. Its much more complex, nuanced and scaled than I was expecting from episode one. really nice 

blue_eye_samurai_ver2_xlg.jpg

Glad you also enjoyed it!

I've not had a chance to finish it this week but have a day off next week, so will do so then. It really is great.

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

AAAABagrn_rj3RFxXfJYsWcgplrwyu6wdKwjaYxX

this show should usher the beginning of the end for civilization, and it's actually pretty addicting (as it should be). it's basically squid game lite (games minus the deaths) with fake "real" people reduced to numbers getting "eliminated" while forcing contestants to plot against one another in (predictably) unscrupulous fashion

1st one was a bag of dicks...

11 hours ago, dumplings said:

Glad you also enjoyed it!

I've not had a chance to finish it this week but have a day off next week, so will do so then. It really is great.

yeah the final episodes are really epic. I really hope they do another season. I really like how they throw plots at you that seem familiar but then twist them into a  completely different outcome  

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Starts off like the film, then diverges completely. Good stuff so far.

IMG_7144.webp

started watching it on the weekend but I have the feeling this really needs to be watched in one go when all episodes are released 

The new  David Tennant Dr. Who started also last weekend but it didn't grab my attention as much as I wished it would do. still on the list

Edited by o00o

On 11/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, o00o said:

This was one of the best anime I've seen. So good. Good there are a tonne of spin offs and sequels. 

• Like 1

sorry to rain on your parade dudes but Samurai what's his face is not anime...

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/blue-eye-samurai-release-date

Is Blue Eye Samurai anime?

No, it’s decidedly not anime. See above for an in-depth featurette on bringing the sophisticated animation style to life.

As much as Green and Noizumi are fans of anime, this series is a very different aesthetic.