IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 12/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, ARPA said:

The Rookie, really liked season 1 and 2, but season 3 is not much fun... I think I will stop watching it soon.

Ah whatever, I stuck with it! Season 4 is much more fun than 3... some added comedy elements made it so much more enjoyable, waiting for season 5 now.
Meanwhile re-watching Grimm.

46 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

what's up with all these new anime wannabes? :facepalm:

gonna watch them all anyway...

Pantheon is all about uploaded consciousness and all that entails with a couple goofy plot things but mostly pretty good and not too long. it fully embraces the abstract eventually which is good. they treat the subject matter pretty well.. it's not the deep dives of Neal Stephenson's "Fall or Dodge in Hell" which is about the same type of thing but with so much more as a part of the story. if you want a good cyberpunk "upload to the cloud" story.. Fall or Dodge in Hell is pretty great and wrapped in a lot of current culture war stuff that is really well done. 

• Big Brain 1

Got a good deal from Paramount so finally starting Deadwood. Been on the list for years. A mate recommended Billions. That's also on there. That's me set for the next few months 🍿

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

anybody watching this? lots of Masaaki Yuasa's collaborators involved...

It was fun :ok:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

anybody watching this? lots of Masaaki Yuasa's collaborators involved...

I liked it a lot. The story is nothing special, but the style kept me watching. Fun.

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

I liked it a lot. The story is nothing special, but the style kept me watching. Fun.

Yeah currently watching this as well. It’s fun

Just rewatched House of the Dragon.   Man, was it better than Rings of Power.  There's no comparison.  Great acting, good writing.   Excited for S2 which I think might come out this year.

On 1/5/2024 at 12:27 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Good news: Northern Exposure is now on Amazon Prime Video. 

Bad news: they’ve just added commercials to everything. 

IMG_9723.jpeg

Yeah, what a dick move. Hate that, but there's no way they're gonna get an extra €2.99 from me to get rid of the ads.

Good thing I recently bought the Northern Exposure DVD box — on Amazon, naturally. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

started
The Curse:

Weird, awkward and funny?

Main characters are all unlikable, but I'm intrigued where it's going after episode 1.

and
The Brothers Sun:  

Entertaining comedy action, a fun watch, good for what it is, almost finished it.

On 12/31/2023 at 2:19 PM, cruising for burgers said:

what's up with all these new anime wannabes? :facepalm:

gonna watch them all anyway...

on brand for you, what are you complaining about?

currently watching (and very much enjoying) both fargo s5 and the curse

latest season of fargo is def the strangest one yet. almost feels lynchian in certain places. can't yet decide where i'd rank it amongst the others, but so far i'm liking it a lot.

the curse is absolute dream team territory; safdies, nathan fielder, john medeski/opn, etc. immense vibe on this one that i've never really seen done on tv. i love how wonderfully terrible the main characters are!

• Thanks 1