IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

11 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Rewatchin first season of Fargo until the new season racks up some more episodes. Forgot how good this is! Just like an extended stay in the world of the original film 

Do I need to watch the movie first to enjoy it? I’ve seen the movie, but a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, YEK said:

Do I need to watch the movie first to enjoy it? I’ve seen the movie, but a long time ago. 

The show has nothing to do with the movie and each season is a whole new story that has virtually nothing to do with the season prior. 

20 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

The show has nothing to do with the movie and each season is a whole new story that has virtually nothing to do with the season prior. 

Oh I see, I’ll check it out :ok:

2 hours ago, YEK said:

Nah, the kidnapping is the only common element, everything else is different. Loving the guy in the kilt. 

1 hour ago, YEK said:

Oh I see, I’ll check it out :ok:

Seasons 1-3 are all great. I couldn’t really get into the 4th season. This new one has some stuff going for it and some stuff going against it (like some pretty unbelievably over-the-top Minnesota accents). 
Season one and three are probably the best. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is quite fall-in-lovable. 
spacer.png

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

known in the biz as an anthology

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 6:48 AM, chenGOD said:

Watching season 3 of Slow Horses - Gary Oldman great as always.

Started watching Lucifer - absolute trash but somehow I can't stop watching it.

I watched a few seasons of Lucifer, it is absolute trash but good to watch but trust me you will tire pretty soon. Doubt you will get past season three before binning it.

Edited by beerwolf

On 12/13/2023 at 10:48 PM, chenGOD said:

Watching season 3 of Slow Horses - Gary Oldman great as always

slow horses is one of my favorite shows. the end of the last episode jumped the shark a bit though 

On 11/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, Nebraska said:

AAAABagrn_rj3RFxXfJYsWcgplrwyu6wdKwjaYxX

this show should usher the beginning of the end for civilization, and it's actually pretty addicting (as it should be). it's basically squid game lite (games minus the deaths) with fake "real" people reduced to numbers getting "eliminated" while forcing contestants to plot against one another in (predictably) unscrupulous fashion

On 11/23/2023 at 11:11 PM, cruising for burgers said:

1st one was a bag of dicks...

finished this. really enjoyed it- although i have to admit "the challenge" is a bigger bag of dicks than the original show (which i thought was almost perfect). 

would not recommend unless you enjoyed the OG (and can go along with very fake "reality"). or enjoy bags of dicks

Edited by Nebraska

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I watched a few seasons of Lucifer, it is absolute trash but good to watch but trust me you will tire pretty soon. Doubt you will get past season three before binning it.

Struggling to make it to the end of season 1 so you’re likely right 😂

7 hours ago, exitonly said:

slow horses is one of my favorite shows. the end of the last episode jumped the shark a bit though 

A  bit but so did S2 a bit. Reasonable suspension of disbelief for me, plus I’m a sucker for British spy shows and films. 

• Haha 1

I'm also watching a bit of trash, but a bit better than Lucifer. Reacher. It's good. I've read the book so kinda know what's gonna happen. Happy there's a new season to watch when I finish this one.

Also a new season of The Tourist on the way. First one comes highly recommended.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:02 PM, decibal cooper said:

I am going to miss the comradery between Larry and Leon, truly great comic pair

“A jackolit? Now what’s that, Larry?” 

Fargo is keeping up the momentum, with such a mish mash of themes, getting a lot of Faustian vibes. The digs at MAGA are nice too.

• Like 2

"The Boys" - in S02 onwards it heavily educates (U.S. centric) Zeitgeist issues (Trumpists are dumb losers, hate is bad, diversity is good, border protection, blahbleh). I am used to this educational aspect from german productions, where it is always present. I prefer entertainment, not to get educated by film makers, I mean, who do they think they are?

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1