IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 9/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, beerwolf said:

After chucking in the skip Jar Jar Binks and anything released after Return Of The Jedi I was very, very pleasently surprised with The Mandalorian so have decided to watch Andor. Hmmmmmmmm. On episode 4 and not getting the same brilliant vibes I did from The Mandalorian. I'm middle aged and my patience/interest with Star Wars dwindled decades ago, so The Mandalorian was a stroke of genius. Not at all getting that impression so far from Andor. 

Did you enjoy Rouge One? That’s where it’s heading 

40 minutes ago, o00o said:

Did you enjoy Rouge One? That’s where it’s heading 

Not seen. Andor is pretty good now. Once it gets past episode 3. Now on Episode 7.

I am aware of Rogue One and the timeline so will watch that afterwards. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

I'm about 6 episodes into Station Eleven...still not sure on this one. the production elements on it are very well done, but there are some very annoying characters. it jumps around so much, also annoying. the characters I do like are in an episode, then gone in the next. 

Believe

23 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Trying to get into The Bear. The first few episodes are pretty tough tbh. On the third episode as we speak.

The main man has absolutely amazing hair.

The Bear getting good but there's one character who's really, really fucking annoying me. The fact she's annoying the whole fucking kitchen makes me feel much fucking better. 

They swear a lot in the kitchens of Chicago. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, zero said:

I'm about 6 episodes into Station Eleven...still not sure on this one. the production elements on it are very well done, but there are some very annoying characters. it jumps around so much, also annoying. the characters I do like are in an episode, then gone in the next. 

I gave up on this.

9 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

The Bear getting real fucking good but there's one character who's really, really fucking annoying me. The fact she's annoying the whole fucking kitchen makes me feel much fucking better. 

They swear a lot in the kitchens of Chicago. 

I couldn’t get past the first episode. It seemed well made enough but at the time I wasn’t in the mood for a stressful work environment type show.
Not sure why, but stuff like that affects me more than blood & gore.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I couldn’t get past the first episode. It seemed well made enough but at the time I wasn’t in the mood for a stressful work environment type show.

That's an excellent point. I have no fucking idea really what was going on either apart from people screaming and swearing at each other. The first two episodes are a complete garbled mess. In fact to be honest, so is the rest of the fucking show. Just, yelling, swearing, stress.

Jeff I may fucking bin this.

Some shows are slow burners, Ozark for example I was constantly in doubt during the first and maybe some of the second season (why am I watching this, why am I watching this, oh its pretty good, why am I watching this, oh its pretty good) then its one of the best. And it takes off. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

totally. maybe it's a middle age thing, or maybe all the political BS of the past 10ish years...but I don't have much of a desire anymore to watch a dramatic show about miserable people acting like immature twats to each other, as it causes me stress. I can watch the nightly news and get my dose of that if I so need.

a big exception to that was Succession. I avoided it for a long time, due to the reason mentioned above. on paper it sounded like it would be a stressful watching experience. all the promo pics of it made it look very dark and gloomy. I didn't expect it to be as funny as it was, and that is a big part of what kept me coming back to it. they were all horrible people acting horribly to each other, but they all knew it and seemed to be having fun with it all.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

it's not that hard to watch, you silly baginas. you've failed the first hurdle and have missed all the subsequent character development and other good stuff in the calmer moments.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, usagi said:

it's not that hard to watch, you silly baginas. you've failed the first hurdle and have missed all the subsequent character development and other good stuff in the calmer moments.

It's out the bin!

😂

• Haha 1

In 23 days starts the new Rick & Morty season. I really hope they find back to their old glamour from previous seasons. The last one was pretty forgettable 

Edited by o00o

On 9/20/2023 at 8:16 AM, beerwolf said:

That's an excellent point. I have no fucking idea really what was going on either apart from people screaming and swearing at each other. The first two episodes are a complete garbled mess. In fact to be honest, so is the rest of the fucking show. Just, yelling, swearing, stress.

Jeff I may fucking bin this.

Some shows are slow burners, Ozark for example I was constantly in doubt during the first and maybe some of the second season (why am I watching this, why am I watching this, oh its pretty good, why am I watching this, oh its pretty good) then its one of the best. And it takes off. 

I'm watching season 2 right now (on the penultimate episode) and it's really become one of the best shows I've ever seen. There's a ton of character development this season and it all feels really earned. It actually becomes a surprisingly optimistic series. It's made me cry several times, and I cry pretty easily but the emotion feels earned, I don't think I've seen another show so emotionally honest. It's kind of a masterpiece IMO

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Boxus said:

I'm watching season 2 right now (on the penultimate episode) and it's really become one of the best shows I've ever seen. There's a ton of character development this season and it all feels really earned. It actually becomes a surprisingly optimistic series. It's made me cry several times, and I cry pretty easily but the emotion feels earned, I don't think I've seen another show so emotionally honest. It's kind of a masterpiece IMO

the Richie and Marcus episodes 🤌

No doubt I'm gonna finish The Bear off. Season 1 done now.

Andor in the meantime is a classic. It literally takes off from episode 4 and gets better and better. Think I'm on episode 9 now. Quite astonishing how it improves so much tbh. There seems to be a lot of messages in this about modern day working life and capatilism which we have to endure on Earth. I'm sitting watching it and thinking how things are now since the 90's and how The Empire is litreally how my company is now since being privatised. But I'm not very good articulating these things (political) into words. 

Edited by beerwolf