IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 8/25/2024 at 1:42 AM, beerwolf said:

Rings Of Power Season 2 coming this week. Three episodes dropping on the 29th. First season was very disappointing, but the trailers for this season looking much, much better. 

i enjoy this show, although i have to admit i never read the book so i feel like i sometimes get lost eg. are harfoots the same as hobbits? 

Spoiler

does anyone know who "the stranger" with the two harfoot's is? i thought it was sauron until that theory went up in smoke in episode 3. also, can someone confirm: the rings being worn by the elves, those aren't "the rings" are they? coz the guy that made the rings is now tasked with making more/moar rings with sauron

On 8/30/2024 at 11:58 AM, beerwolf said:

First season of White Lotus is fantastic! Second season I wasn't too keen.

finished both seasons. yeah S2 was a totally different show than S1. not just different cast, but the tone of it changed a lot. there were no laugh out loud moments like there were in the 1st, and not as much witty quick dialogue either. S2 was a very dark drama that kept getting darker as it progressed. I did like it, as I'm a fan of those sort of shows. but yeah, S1 was a bit more quirky, awkward humor stuff compared to how dark and depressing S2 felt.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, zero said:

finished both seasons. yeah S2 was a totally different show than S1. not just different cast, but the tone of it changed a lot. there were no laugh out loud moments like there were in the 1st, and not as much witty quick dialogue either. S2 was a very dark drama that kept getting darker as it progressed. I did like it, as I'm a fan of those sort of shows. but yeah, S1 was a bit more quirky, awkward humor stuff compared to how dark and depressing S2 felt.

Spot on. I also really had an issue with Ethan. Got to the point whenever he appeared on screen I'd want to turn the tv off. Really didn't like him. As you say the first season was very quirky and a bit bonkers and I liked that. A lot.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

I recommend sacred games on netflix

Great indian gangster series. 

Very interesting political and religious commentary if I'm reading it right. 

12 hours ago, zero said:

Can we just give some props to Cristobal Tapia de Veer for consistently rewriting the rules of soundtracks. 

• Like 1

Half way through Season 3 of The Shield. Love it!

Obviously watching Rings Of Power. And enjoying that. Last episode was pretty good. Wasn't so keen of the episode before, the Numenour arc isn't doing much for me. The characters are pretty awful. Quite like the development of Adar becoming allies with Galadriel. 

Edited by beerwolf

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Just finished a rewatch of The Wire. Fuck that is some good TV. 

I’ve been rewatching it too :beer:

Just finished S4 last night. So good. 

Spoiler

Bodie 😭

… and bubbles 😭😭😭

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’ve been rewatching it too :beer:

Just finished S4 last night. So good. 

Hide contents

Bodie 😭

I didn’t know until this week, David Simon did a show before called The Corner. Set in Baltimore as well, looks pretty fucking grim. Can’t wait to get stuck into that one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

I didn’t know until this week, David Simon did a show before called The Corner. Set in Baltimore as well, looks pretty fucking grim. Can’t wait to get stuck into that one. 

Haven’t seen it yet. I started Treme when it came out but didn’t stay with it. 

The Wire tho…

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Haven’t seen it yet. I started Treme when it came out but didn’t stay with it. 

The Wire tho…

spacer.png

Yeah man I was reading a Reddit thread the other day about The Shield vs The Wire (which is best). Pretty much The Shield came out (by a whisker) on top. But it's splitting hairs isn't it? Like a few people on there I never got past six episodes of The Wire. The Shield definitely pulls you in quick and keeps you there. Also one dude said that The Wire was Shakespearian and The Shield was Dickensian. Make of that what you will.

• Like 1