IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

Guest Lucy Faringold

I expect this to be "angel integer". The first track on the bonus ep.

That's the first track on the proper album. It's called 4001.

Oh yeah.. 6:35 min in length isnt it?

Tell us more whats your opinion on the album

*****SPOILERS*****

Well I don't really like mouthing off about stuff other people haven't heard but since you asked... I actually really enjoyed the album but I think it's gonna divide the fans (again). The first half is really going to annoy some people (Stadium Ice could have come off Shobaleader; most of Unreal Square sounds like a pisstake). The second half is dark as fuck and has some insane acid on it but a lot of people are gonna pick it apart for various reasons. Also, like most of his recent stuff it hasn't been mixed/mastered for loudness, so I can imagine a lot of casual listeners dismissing it as sounding too soft - but if you're listening on a decent system with the volume up you're going to hear some fucking craftsmanship. Anyway, y'all should judge for yourself and not take my word for it :-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teetime

*****SPOILERS*****

Well I don't really like mouthing off about stuff other people haven't heard but since you asked... I actually really enjoyed the album but I think it's gonna divide the fans (again). The first half is really going to annoy some people (Stadium Ice could have come off Shobaleader; most of Unreal Square sounds like a pisstake). The second half is dark as fuck and has some insane acid on it but a lot of people are gonna pick it apart for various reasons. Also, like most of his recent stuff it hasn't been mixed/mastered for loudness, so I can imagine a lot of casual listeners dismissing it as sounding too soft - but if you're listening on a decent system with the volume up you're going to hear some fucking craftsmanship. Anyway, y'all should judge for yourself and not take my word for it :-)

Thank you for your "spoilers" ^^. Unreal Squares is the "dubstep" bass track with 8bit melody going into dnb isnt it? Dare i say it? Like skrillex doing a hommage to exploding psychology ;) Again to repetitive for me though. Stadium ice is great though but it could be so much better if he would dare to arranged like a prog jazz type of song with some variance and solos! The bass voice emulation solo at the end is a bit tame. Like in Shobaleader One everything seems a little bit too save for my taste. The tracks he played on the benifit with alex thats where its at! I hope we will get a statement about what is left of shobaloeader one. :(

It is odd. He did a reverse "Just a Souvenir"-> Numbers Lucent progression. This time he started doing a band project and then decided to do sequenced electro instead. To remind you: Numbers Lucent tracks are made before Just a souvenir. He had this onomious dream in new years eve 2008 and decided to do the virtual band album and abandoned what i call "Hello Everything 2". Numbers lucent is whats left of it. (Most of Numbers Lucent tracks were previewed in a "secret" dj set in december 2007) The other stuff most of you know from the warp 20 set.

Shobaleader 2 Title track: (probably stripped down for bass and drums only - arrangement is definitely not final, he changed it for greenman ! and the solos are improvised) But still... This is there its at!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkpRzMC8x7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPcVwxHTrMM&feature=relmfu

Is nobody with me?

*****SPOILERS*****

Thank you for your "spoilers" ^^. Unreal Squares is the "dubstep" bass track with 8bit melody going into dnb isnt it? Dare i say it? Like skrillex doing a hommage to exploding psychology ;) Again to repetitive for me though. Stadium ice is great though but it could be so much better if he would dare to arranged like a prog jazz type of song with some variance and solos! The bass voice emulation solo at the end is a bit tame. Like in Shobaleader One everything seems a little bit too save for my taste. The tracks he played on the benifit with alex thats where its at! I hope we will get a statement about what is left of shobaloeader one. :(

It is odd. He did a reverse "Just a Souvenir"-> Numbers Lucent progression. This time he started doing a band project and then decided to do sequenced electro instead. To remind you: Numbers Lucent tracks are made before Just a souvenir. He had this onomious dream in new years eve 2008 and decided to do the virtual band album and abandoned what i call "Hello Everything 2". Numbers lucent is whats left of it. (Most of Numbers Lucent tracks were previewed in a "secret" dj set in december 2007) The other stuff most of you know from the warp 20 set.

Shobaleader 2 Title track: (probably stripped down for bass and drums only - arrangement is definitely not final, he changed it for greenman ! and the solos are improvised) But still... This is there its at!!!

Is nobody with me?

out of all the tracks on the new album, i'll probably like unreal square(?) as you called it the least, never particularly liked it much anytime i heard it, while stadium ice sounds like it'll be one of my favorites. that one is really catchy and stuck in my head for days after i heard it.

i gotta say, i've always liked the shobaleader one album a fair amount but it's really grown on me as time wears on. can't say i'm in love with the drums on it but the songwriting is top notch. so to answer your question i'd be excited enough for another shobaleader album.

but since you had to bring numbers lucent into this, i must say that this and hello everything may actually be my favorite period in his career. absolute perfection for these two releases

Guest Lucy Faringold

Unreal Squares is the "dubstep" bass track with 8bit melody going into dnb isnt it? Dare i say it? Like skrillex doing a hommage to exploding psychology ;)

Yeah, it just sounds awkward. Like he's playing at going off on one rather than ACTUALLY going off on one.

Guest teetime

Lol

"The money for the preorders is just in!

We need more LEDs! A lot more!" :squarepusher:

Apparently he expanded his LED Wall, just as seen in sonar at tokyo.

ArBeYf1CIAA_bQJ.jpg

Bonus track for Japan this time is 'On Crack'. Did anyone post this already? Or care?

Linkage: http://www.hmv.co.jp.../detail/5013589.

someone posted it already. I hope we can get a digital download of it somewhere...? Can you usually buy that kind of thing off iTunes or something? The bonus track I mean.

Bonus track for Japan this time is 'On Crack'. Did anyone post this already? Or care?

Linkage: http://www.hmv.co.jp.../detail/5013589.

someone posted it already. I hope we can get a digital download of it somewhere...? Can you usually buy that kind of thing off iTunes or something? The bonus track I mean.

Only from iTunes Japan usually, if it's genuinely exclusive, which means anyone overseas can't download it.

I have read very little of this thread but I guess I'm excited. I mean I'm not a huge pusher fan, but that doesn't mean I haven't had my mind fucking blown by Hard Normal Daddy and Go Plastic. So I preordered it. Whatevs. It'll be chill and better than Clark's new dingleberry.

I hope we can get a digital download of it somewhere...?

lol

I mean, a legal copy of course.

I guess I could just buy the Japanese version, but for just 1 extra song I wish they'd put the f'er on iTunes. >.<

Archived