IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

okay i'm an idiot, 85 minutes is definitely over the limit for one CD, didn't even think about that. but why do a double album if it's barely over the regular album time? idk like.....just, idk. lol

at least you get to change your avatar soon jules :duckhunt:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, auxien said:

okay i'm an idiot, 85 minutes is definitely over the limit for one CD, didn't even think about that. but why do a double album if it's barely over the regular album time? idk like.....just, idk. lol

at least you get to change your avatar soon jules :duckhunt:

A lot of bands have done that. Embryonic from flaming lips fit on one cd but they made it a double album. It’s just pure speculation on my end but if the art is going to revolve around 2 sides it would further the concept by having 2 sides of the album. They generally keep their themes pretty tight. 

Amd I may just have to keep this avatar...

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, modey said:

just listen to 80s/90s king crimson instead

ayyy.

(the lack of quotes-within-quotes after the forum upgrade is really not good)

https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/fear-inoculum-cd-bundle

• LIMITED EDITION TRI-FOLD SOFT PACK VIDEO BROCHURE FEATURING:

• COMPACT DISC  (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)

• 4” HD RECHARGEABLE SCREEN WITH EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOOTAGE

• CHARGING CABLE

• 2 WATT SPEAKER

• 30+ PAGE BOOK

• MP3 DOWNLOAD CARD  (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)

the disc and the download having two different times is very curious. How are they going to break up all these long tracks on vinyl?

edit: maybe the extra 10 minutes in the download is the new version of Opiate

Edited by jules

that title is going to trigger some woke af anti-vaxxer Tool bros.

On 5/11/2019 at 6:20 PM, hello spiral said:

omg this channel is fucking amazing, wtf?

this was my first ever madcatlady. Coming up to ten years now. fuck me

One day, future archaeologists will attempt to study what the internet was. They'll see this video, then give up on every piece of research they made. 

Edited by hello spiral

1 hour ago, usagi said:
On 5/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, modey said:

ayyy.

@usagi - ProTip - highlight the quotes and then use the "quote selected text" balloon that pops up to get that effect again.

23 minutes ago, Joyrex said:
2 hours ago, usagi said:
On 5/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, modey said:

ayyy.

@usagi - ProTip - highlight the quotes and then use the "quote selected text" balloon that pops up to get that effect again.

ah I see, thanks. also how do you get to the plaintext post editing view?

i still had in my head "a 20 minute song plus 10 others, none under 10 minutes" so i had been expecting a double album. i dug around, in case there could be more than a disc of material (plus opiate) coming, like if the 89 minute download is totally distinct, or if there is a separate release planned for after, or maybe a puzzle that reveals additional songs.

Justin, from here:

Justin previously admitted they have been very "picky" about what has made it onto the track list.

Speaking in 2016, he said: "We're about 90 percent there, it's been like a crazy science project -- kind of like a petri dish.

"We've just been really picky over what we want to put on this new album and really want to come up with something completely unique.

"Plus, we have endless amounts of material to sift through, so it's just been a process... a little different from last time."

it looks like they boiled it down to 80 minutes. they may have some other songs they don't know what to do with. the new version of opiate is 10 minutes, and they had said they would release it, so that's a good bet for the extra 10 minutes in the download. i won't be surprised if it's just more new music, though. 

i found this clinic promo video. posting here for hype.

Edited by very honest

What's this about a new version of Opiate? First I've heard of it. Odd they would include something like that with a new album with this much hype.

Not at all into the album cover but it's also not surprising. It's very 90s. Looks like a trance DJ set cover actually, except for the type.

Also, screw the gimmicky packaging. Keep it simple, the 10,000 Days CD packaging was really obnoxious.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

What's this about a new version of Opiate? First I've heard of it. Odd they would include something like that with a new album with this much hype.

Not at all into the album cover but it's also not surprising. It's very 90s. Looks like a trance DJ set cover actually, except for the type.

Also, screw the gimmicky packaging. Keep it simple, the 10,000 Days CD packaging was really obnoxious.

if you search youtube for "new tool opiate" you'll find it. they played it live 

youre right, that would be random to include. hm

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

if you thought that was obnoxious, maybe don’t read about the new one ?

The new opiate deserves its own release imo too. There’s supposedly a video for it as well

making a separate thread would be a crime at this point, this one contains all the waiting and pathos and anguish and lols.

• Like 3