IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

I can't quite understand the skyscraper ones. I don't think I've had one bigger than I can pick up but i'd be dumbfounded as to how to eat it if I did get one like that. Do you just eat it with knife and fork?

this is the only issue with an otherwise incredible set of burgers, you can kind of press them down and just about get it, but theres plenty of knife and fork action needed.

jules, did you ever try steaming the cheese by covering the burger in the frying pan with a metal bowl? i mentioned it ages ago after reading about it. it's the only way for me now... such juice, burger dripping, much flavours.

keltoi come back..... to... my house and cook me dinner and i'll dance for you as payment

if you wear your flipflops, i'm in.

jules, did you ever try steaming the cheese by covering the burger in the frying pan with a metal bowl? i mentioned it ages ago after reading about it. it's the only way for me now... such juice, burger dripping, much flavours.

keltoi come back..... to... my house and cook me dinner and i'll dance for you as payment

i never make burgers inside. if i am making them, it's on the grill.

try it!

You can do that on the grill as well - I keep a stainless steel bowl handy for just that (I also use grill presses for burgers - I find it keeps their shape more uniform and cooks evenly (and puts nice grill marks on the top at the same time).

covering the top vent on my grill melts the shit out of the cheese. i can sometimes get a little char on the cheese which is even better. i have put a flat cast iron griddle on the grill top before. i got it screaming hot and then cooked burgers on it, they seared almost instantly and had a nice crust on the outside. that was awesome. i may have to do that again soon now that i am thinking about it.

i do want to look into a burger press this summer, my hand formed patties are usually very inconsistent, and sometimes a little too brittle.

i just like to put some ripe brie or camembert on my burger and let nature take its course, tbqh

hell yeah. Some double cream brie and truffle oil, with some crispy red onions and smoked black pepper? Ciabatta bun with garlic aioli.. Touch of red alder smoked salt. My favorite recipe

Didn't know rocket/arugula/rucola/whatever was so controversial, apart from having a universally dumb sounding name. Kale does unspeakably grotesque things to my insides and yet everyone speaks of kale like it is the christplant risen. I'll stick to my slightly pungent pal Eruca sativa, IMO.

i just like to put some ripe brie or camembert on my burger and let nature take its course, tbqh

hell yeah. Some double cream brie and truffle oil, with some crispy red onions and smoked black pepper? Ciabatta bun with garlic aioli.. Touch of red alder smoked salt. My favorite recipe

lol not that exact recipe, but sounds good!

The truffle oil combined with the garlic aioli might be a bit to much richness for me to handle at once, tbbqh.

lol not that exact recipe, but sounds good!

The truffle oil combined with the garlic aioli might be a bit to much richness for me to handle at once, tbbqh.

The aioli and truffle oil is good if you use a leaner blend of meat, such as bison. =)

steffeng's 1%er burger, made from the congealed blood of crushed peons

lol

Guest bitroast

Damn it bloody hell get away from burger you 1%-ers !! lol

I paid $22 ish something for a burger recently and I'll be honest it was pretty tasty. But I think ~$22 is as high as I'm willing to go for top burger at this point in my life !!

had a little Burger-Meeting with my Brother-in-law today. In remembrance of your post (and in lack of more cheddar) we had two burgers with melted camembert and topped it with Lingonberry Jam. Real tasty, that was!

(Sorry, no Pictures)

Edited by CJM