IGNORED

Welcome To The Ceephax Subforum!

Joyrex

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

i feel more privileged to share a message board with you now that i know that you know that that andy guy is a top bloke.

thanks again.

:smile: aceeeiid. in the place.

OK, let's get talking Ceephax!

Hey JR.

May I ask what it was that pushed you over the edge?

Either way, I'm planning to spend a lot of time in here. So dope.

Hey JR.

Not sure if you saw this in the other thread:

Just an update (and in case you're wondering why there is no Cylob subforum anymore):

Chris (Cylob) and I had an email exchange and apparently the genesis of this thread (aka his RSS rant) was for two reasons:

• Chris apparently thinks I was responsible for leaking the "Joyrex Tape" onto the internet (I did not; I only posted snippets after getting permission from Richard himself) and why he would care is because apparently he had a part in one of the tracks - I explained to him the whole backstory, so hopefully now he's aware that I'm not responsible for the leak since I wasn't the only person who possessed a copy of that tape (and was not the originator of it, even though I brought awareness of it to this site).
  • Chris thinks RSS feeds are basically to copy a website's content illegally EDIT: Chris asked me to correct this as it was a bit inaccurate - here's his words directly: "Here is my opinion: RSS feeds allow people to keep up to date with various streams of information. Instead of visiting several blogs one by one, they can have a single list of summarised articles to browse. I do not believe that RSS feeds are meant for cloning entire websites. I could use RSS to clone a popular blog, call it "Doing Doing", strip away all the formatting and substitute my own logo and drab colour scheme, and I could probably get away with it. But would that be good in any way?" Again, I explained to him the intent of having RSS feeds from his blog to the Cylob forum was to allow fans who might not visit his site or subscribe to the RSS feed themselves a chance to keep up on his doings, and hopefully drive more traffic to his site and perhaps increase sales of his musical output.

I offered, if he wished, for me to remove the RSS feed from his site and/or remove the subforum as well, along the same lines as why I removed the Snares subforum - out of respect for the artist and their output. All posts from the Cylob subforum are now in Music Discussion, so any Cylob fans can continue to discuss his music, but WATMM will no longer have a dedicated subforum for Cylob.

Hey JR.

Just an update (and in case you're wondering why there is no Cylob subforum anymore):

Chris (Cylob) and I had an email exchange and apparently the genesis of this thread (aka his RSS rant) was for two reasons:

• Chris apparently thinks I was responsible for leaking the "Joyrex Tape" onto the internet (I did not; I only posted snippets after getting permission from Richard himself) and why he would care is because apparently he had a part in one of the tracks - I explained to him the whole backstory, so hopefully now he's aware that I'm not responsible for the leak since I wasn't the only person who possessed a copy of that tape (and was not the originator of it, even though I brought awareness of it to this site).
  • Chris thinks RSS feeds are basically to copy a website's content illegally EDIT: Chris asked me to correct this as it was a bit inaccurate - here's his words directly: "Here is my opinion: RSS feeds allow people to keep up to date with various streams of information. Instead of visiting several blogs one by one, they can have a single list of summarised articles to browse. I do not believe that RSS feeds are meant for cloning entire websites. I could use RSS to clone a popular blog, call it "Doing Doing", strip away all the formatting and substitute my own logo and drab colour scheme, and I could probably get away with it. But would that be good in any way?" Again, I explained to him the intent of having RSS feeds from his blog to the Cylob forum was to allow fans who might not visit his site or subscribe to the RSS feed themselves a chance to keep up on his doings, and hopefully drive more traffic to his site and perhaps increase sales of his musical output.

I offered, if he wished, for me to remove the RSS feed from his site and/or remove the subforum as well, along the same lines as why I removed the Snares subforum - out of respect for the artist and their output. All posts from the Cylob subforum are now in Music Discussion, so any Cylob fans can continue to discuss his music, but WATMM will no longer have a dedicated subforum for Cylob.

Cool story bro. Didn't see the word "Ceephax" in there once tho.

Hey JR.

Cool story bro. Didn't see the word "Ceephax" in there once tho.

Thought you were asking what pushed him over the edge in terms of removing the Cylob Subforum.

Archived