IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah, i don't like the idea of co-op in Dead Space. It ruins the atmosphere of being alone in a dark place. That atmosphere is what made the first 2 as good as they were. But there is more to it than that that is turning me off. I liked it better when Isaac didn't talk too.

Also if you are stuck, perhaps this will be a mild hint for you. The game does not explain how to use the new guns when you get them. They have potential that you must discover for yourself. Yellow Gun has a very neat and useful skill that if you don't learn you'll be stuck... Another hint, the control schemes that are listed in the Main room are not the only controls.

I've yet to get the red gun. But I might have to try for that soon.

Ah yes, about 10 minutes more playtime and I discovered the green gun so are now working through the puzzles that need it. I'm a little confused by the map, squares are obviously each room, but sometimes they have round nubs coming off then (dead ends ?), some have little rectangles (does that mean an undiscovered exit), and some have arrows, it's the latter two I'm not sure what the distinction between them is ...

Intriguing about the control scheme, do we get told about the extra buttons later (or infact I remember a bit under a staircase with some buttons listed but they just looked like the repeat of the WASD+space movement) or do I have to start jabbing at random keys to see what they do ?

I'm loving this of the 3 hours I've put in so far - it's like a not shit 'escape the room' type thing set in the year 90,000

Late to the party as usual, I'm playing Walking Dead... On episode 2 now.... Holy shit I was not expecting it to be this good...

I'm playing through this now, too (have about 2 minutes left in episode 4). The story isn't significantly different from my gf's playthrough, but it's a hell of a story regardless.

Also if you are stuck, perhaps this will be a mild hint for you. The game does not explain how to use the new guns when you get them. They have potential that you must discover for yourself. Yellow Gun has a very neat and useful skill that if you don't learn you'll be stuck... Another hint, the control schemes that are listed in the Main room are not the only controls.

I've yet to get the red gun. But I might have to try for that soon.

Ah yes, about 10 minutes more playtime and I discovered the green gun so are now working through the puzzles that need it. I'm a little confused by the map, squares are obviously each room, but sometimes they have round nubs coming off then (dead ends ?), some have little rectangles (does that mean an undiscovered exit), and some have arrows, it's the latter two I'm not sure what the distinction between them is ...

Intriguing about the control scheme, do we get told about the extra buttons later (or infact I remember a bit under a staircase with some buttons listed but they just looked like the repeat of the WASD+space movement) or do I have to start jabbing at random keys to see what they do ?

I'm loving this of the 3 hours I've put in so far - it's like a not shit 'escape the room' type thing set in the year 90,000

The map I'm still not sure about either. Arrows I think mean the lead to new places you've yet to find. The other markers seem to either be where you were last or links between rooms.

I don't think you really get told what the new buttons are but they are still classic FPS control buttons. Also I accidently discovered the guns unique abilities. After you find out though and use that to proceed then you get a picture with a quote referencing what you just discovered. The game is all about figuring things out on your own so I'm trying not to help you to much ;) but of course if you really need the game can shove it, I'll help you out lol.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Late to the party as usual, I'm playing Walking Dead... On episode 2 now.... Holy shit I was not expecting it to be this good...

I'm playing through this now, too (have about 2 minutes left in episode 4). The story isn't significantly different from my gf's playthrough, but it's a hell of a story regardless.

So you watched your gf's playthrough?

My stepdaughter (who is 8) has been watching mine from the beginning (there was no telling her no really). However, once I went upstairs at the dairy farm when everyone was sitting down to dinner, she just kept on saying "go back downstairs go back downstairs" and once larry had the heart attack in the meat cooler, she said "i'm going upstairs this is freaking me out".... Yeah, i didn't tell her that my heart was going fast myself. That was some effective ass storytelling right thurr. I'm not a bad parent though, really!

So you watched your gf's playthrough?

My stepdaughter (who is 8) has been watching mine from the beginning (there was no telling her no really). However, once I went upstairs at the dairy farm when everyone was sitting down to dinner, she just kept on saying "go back downstairs go back downstairs" and once larry had the heart attack in the meat cooler, she said "i'm going upstairs this is freaking me out".... Yeah, i didn't tell her that my heart was going fast myself. That was some effective ass storytelling right thurr. I'm not a bad parent though, really!

Haha, it's hard not to watch a little when someone else is playing. I saw a few major plot points, but not all of them. We ended up having pretty different results at the end of Chapter 4, I am told (just finished that tonight).

In other news, Ni No Kuni is amazing - beat the game (about 60 hours), and now going for the final trophies. Finding all the familiars is fun, like Pokemon but with graphics that don't make your eyes bleed.

I was about to grab it the other day. Looks awesome. Is the 60 hour time including most or all optional things to do in the game?

The game is all about figuring things out on your own so I'm trying not to help you to much ;)

Oh no absolutely - I'm more thinking out loud than everything! I did look up the legend to the map though -

The spinning cross shows the room where you last entered the map. The blinking circle shows the room where you were last located when you pressed Esc. The grey lines and squares show the path you took since you last entered the map. A large square indicates a room where you have not found all the exits, a small square indicates a room where you have found all the exits, an arrow indicates an exit (apparently only in one direction) to another part of the map, and a circle on an exit indicates a dead end.

In other news, Ni No Kuni is amazing - beat the game (about 60 hours), and now going for the final trophies. Finding all the familiars is fun, like Pokemon but with graphics that don't make your eyes bleed.

I was about to grab it the other day. Looks awesome. Is the 60 hour time including most or all optional things to do in the game?

I beat the game around the 55 hour mark, and I didn't spend too much time grinding or doing side quests - I just beat the Colosseum last night, and all my main characters are nearing level 99. I'd say 45-55 hours is a good average for the entire story. I could see this easily taking 100+ finding all the familiars, etc.

yeah, i don't like the idea of co-op in Dead Space. It ruins the atmosphere of being alone in a dark place. That atmosphere is what made the first 2 as good as they were. But there is more to it than that that is turning me off. I liked it better when Isaac didn't talk too.

LOL, me too! I liked it better when he was a silent protagonist.

Early reviews of DS3 are saying it's... boring. I was afraid of that.

LOL, me too! I liked it better when he was a silent protagonist.

Early reviews of DS3 are saying it's... boring. I was afraid of that.

The demo was fucking terrible. And knowing that DS3 was carrying on in the same direction as DS2 was a huge disappointment.

I got DS3 just so I could finish the trilogy. I'm not as compelled to play it as 1 or 2 but seeing how I got it for free I'm just going to beat it on normal just to beat it.

The game is all about figuring things out on your own so I'm trying not to help you to much ;)

Oh no absolutely - I'm more thinking out loud than everything! I did look up the legend to the map though -

>The spinning cross shows the room where you last entered the map. The blinking circle shows the room where you were last located when you pressed Esc. The grey lines and squares show the path you took since you last entered the map. A large square indicates a room where you have not found all the exits, a small square indicates a room where you have found all the exits, an arrow indicates an exit (apparently only in one direction) to another part of the map, and a circle on an exit indicates a dead end.

Oh that explains a lot.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

I think I'm in the transitional phase where I'm back to focusing primarily on making music.

Good to hear dude. Post some stuff to SC when it's ready and feel free to hit me up for feedback in the meantime.

use cptnduck's tutorials on youtube, they're excellent.

Oh nice. Thanks for the tip.

I picked up Mario 64 for the first time since I was a kid, I've forgotten how to do mostly everything at this point so it's almost like playing for the first time again... I'm also realizing how unfamilliar I've gotten with 64 controls, making it a bit more challenging than I remember.

I'll probably pick up Dead Space 3 eventually too... TBH I'm not fully opposed to the co-op. I'll do it solo first for the classic experience than try co-op with a friend. I'm more bothered by the new upgrade system than anything, but that may just take getting used to and familiar with.

Only good thing about Dead Space is the sound design.

Not really, actually. It's just loud. Like, REALLY loud. The zero-G stuff sounds pretty cool, but... uuuughhh... Fuck that game! Give me Condemned 3!

I agree, even though Condemned 2 wasn't all that good :'( I'd also like a new fatal frame game while we're at it.

I agree, even though Condemned 2 wasn't all that good :'( I'd also like a new fatal frame game while we're at it.

Yeah, I never finished the second one, but it was still fucking scary.

I want a proper, return to form Silent Hill, done by Team Silent, like straight up Silent Hill 5, not Homecoming or Downpour or whatever spin-off

Word. Unlike most people I did think downpour was pretty decent, good even.

Edit: Hell, I'd call it a return to form. Best "survival horror" game I've played in ages.

Edited by Gocab

Word. Unlike most people I did think downpour was pretty decent, good even.

Edit: Hell, I'd call it a return to form. Best "survival horror" game I've played in ages.

phgossipgirls.jpg

- Did you hear Gocab liked Downpour?

- LOL, wtf jimmy?

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, i doubt thatll happen anytime soon. but if it does i will purchase two copies of the game. those guys are such kings of scary that they deserve all my money.

I think I'm in the transitional phase where I'm back to focusing primarily on making music.

Good to hear dude. Post some stuff to SC when it's ready and feel free to hit me up for feedback in the meantime.

Will do. Already have a new track in progress. You can expect it to be posted in the YLC forum soon.

In the meantime, I gotta fight the urge to do any more gaming until it's finished.