IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Metro: Last Light

What I've played of this game so far has been pretty damn amazing. Miles better than the original, which I din't like at all.

Only complain I have is that most the voice acting is pretty mediocre and some of the sound design/mixing is not that great. But when you consider the budget this game had, it seems like quite the achievement, that the game is this good.

Hmm...might check that out then if and when I get a proper desktop PC for gaming again. Metro 2033 I've played through, but the gameplay was underwhelming and even frustrating at times. The visual quality was quite impressive though.

As for the voice acting, I've opted for dialogue in Russian w/ English subtitles just cos I figured it would sound more natural, at least in the first game.

I was too young in the DOOM era and thus never played any. I wanna play DOOM 2 now; I started playing it with doomsday engine or however's it called, but there were way to many technical options for me; I'm playing chocolate doom now, which is the closest thing to the original there is supossedly (it certainly looks like shit). The first 10 levels have been fun

I highly recommend playing Doom and Doom 2 through the Brutal Doom mod. The blood and gore factor is so over the top it's comical, but there's also a bunch of improvements in overall gameplay, so you get more of the fluid gameplay of modern FPSs as opposed to the clunkiness of the original. Honestly I can't go back to the vanilla/original after experiencing Brutal Doom. It was entirely the work of mod developer Sergeant Mark IV, so be sure to thank him.

Gave Assassin's Creed 3 another chance. Still fucking hate it.

Just play it to get caught up with the story, then get AC4: Black Flag. It's much, much better. I haven't had this much fun with an Assassin's Creed game since AC2. I'm having a blast with it.

Finished playing SteamWorld Dig last night, and just now started playing Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures. While basically a spoof on the NES MegaMan games, it is deliberately frustrating to the player but at the same time about the same vein of humor as WATMM, at least as far as I know.

Probably nobody gives a fuck about this post, but I couldn't give a fuck about anything right now anyway.

I just started and finished Brothers. It was okay. Cool enviroments, lousy controls, the composer should have been slapped across the face multiple times, and that ending... GAWD!

But I kinda enjoyed it. Not as good as I had been led to believe, but it was okay.

Jimmy McMessageboard, on 21 Dec 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

minecraft finally came out on the PS3/PSN. So this weekend is now sorted. Played last night for 5 hours. So far it is caveman-sims+lego

I'm curious how much they've implemented from the full pc/mac version. I'm tempted to pick this up for christmas because I think my man cave/couch antics and this game would blend well

Edited by verticalhold

Completed Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode yesterday. Got 100% of the achievements aside from DLC now. Really enjoyed it but Irrational should learn that bullet sponge enemies does not necessarily equal high difficulty. The Lady Comstock fights just turn into a chore and reveal themselves as pretty stupid when you find the one spot that enemies are programmed not to look round so you have time to charge shields.

Played through the Burial At Sea story, fucking loved it really. Felt so nice to play in Rapture and was satisfied by how it connected to Infinite.

You'd think that would make me want to play Bioshock 2 wouldn't you? But no, fuck off because the story was wrapped up nicely in one and it never warranted a sequel.

I just started and finished Brothers. It was okay. Cool enviroments, lousy controls, the composer should have been slapped across the face multiple times, and that ending... GAWD!

But I kinda enjoyed it. Not as good as I had been led to believe, but it was okay.

Oh! And their voices! Fucking Simoleon language...

i,m really enjoying gt6 right now,hands down better than gt5,graphics,loading times,race customisation(weather,time),genuinely challenging trials,and import playlists,currently watching a replay with dj shadow- changeling playing,awesome!

Exactly how I feel. Loving it

playing Pokemon Y from an Xmas gift, trading for shinies globally is awesome, just acquired one from Australia. No other game or company makes the promise to its players they will always be able to take their characters with them into the next game, regardless of platform changes. Big up to GameFreak for that.

this alpha state craze is funny, soon they'll be selling uncompiled game code in txt files..

with that said i'm really looking forward for this one. magicka combat system was great and exploiting it for pvp should be a lot of fun. i don't see why they had to dumb it down to 3 elements for spells though.

Is it just me or is the flashlight in Black Mesa totally useless?

I find points where I want to use it but overall it does seem like your fine without it.

maybe your video card driver isn't right lol

Gone Home freaked me out.

Aye, never been so on edge over the whole 2-ish hours.

I couldn't get it through my thick skull that a ghost wouldn't appear around the corner or in the basement or in the attic. I guess that's what games have brought me up to believe will happen every time I play a game where I walk around a big empty house. I tried telling myself that the game's engine wouldn't support that sort of stuff, but apparently, I didn't quite trust myself.

I decided to complete it yesterday, but when I stumbled upon the secret passage where the light bulb blows up I turned it off.

Fucking games, man...

L.A. Noire

The flaws of the game the are more apparent on my second play-through, but it's still one the best games I've ever played. All games needs those facial animations and the acting of this game.

Yeah, the you got that question wrong buzzer approach kind of ruined it for me. If they just sent you on a wild chase where you'd end up catching the wrong guy, at a dead end or having to resort to beating the truth out of someone or taking bribes like a tru dirty cop instead the game would be amazon. Now it's merely good.

guns are too fucking dangerous. You are asking for trouble for getting one, choose a safer sport, at least for the sake of others. Driving... well don't drive on acid if you are not a pro like me.