IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah, and the crazy villain was awesome as shit! Vaas? Wasn't that his name? Anyway, yeah the story was worth shit after Vaas was killed, but it's one of those games that you should play to have fun and not much else.

Also, driving a car in that game is fucking hilarious and feels AWESOME!

I played through Blood Dragon the other day. 6-7 hours is WAY too short to 100% (including achievements) any game, but I had a blast playing it. In some ways it's more fun than vanilla Far Cry 3. The sniper with explosive rounds upgrade is so fun. I could definitely do with more of these remix style games if they're as fun as this! Highly recommend it.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I know I shouldn't but I bought Lego marvel superheros. quite enjoyed star wars lego for it's 2 playerness. lego marvel is absolute garbage. so many glitches, we can't even finish it. the galactus battle first crashed twice, then we litterally couldn't put out a fire to access something behind it. i looked it up and the fire should go out doing what we did. glitchy piece of shit. not as much fun as you'd expect either being able to play doom, venom (so glitchy he gets stuck by a step), etc. 0/10

My wife got me the new Zelda: Link between worlds game for X-Mas. I'm about 10 hours in, and it's great. Doesn't hurt that it's a spiritual successor of my favorite Zelda game of all time (the SNES one). At first, I thought they were laying on the nostalgia a bit too thickly, but after a little while it becomes pretty clear that this game has it's own mechanics and puzzles, which makes it distinct enough, in my opinion. Plus the tunes are great enough to merit revisiting with orchestral flair. Definitely recommended.

starbound

awesome so far, but trying not to play too much until after the final character wipe in january (because beta). exploring planets is fun as fuck.

Guest Geometrices

GTA 2 for PC is the running favorite. There is a fan-mod called GTA Manager that allows for some great cheat/hack/alterations to gameplay. It is a classic in my mind. I ended up looking at the sound files used in the game, importing them into Reason 5 and having a bit of fun with the bygone sounds and radiotracks.. This is my main squeeze in terms of video gaming at the moment. Before this was MetalGearSolid:SnakeEater which i enjoyed for a good while.. but when you start clocking 70+ hrs on a video game at some point you reflect on what ur doing with your time and how you may have spent it haha! I've spent thousands of hours playing videos games when i was younger, and it was great. I guess the games i would feel more intrigued to play now would be games like Children of Eden or Rez and Rez2, more synesthesia-type games. I guess more musical/visual harmony in some non-linear or abstract fashion..

...(.o.O.o.)...

I'm starting to understand why people didn't like Hitman Absolution at all. These developers sure know how to screw up a very simple concept.

Told you

Yes...

Really sweet how the disguises (the only thing that sets the Hitman games apart from other stealth games) are completely useless in this one.

Edited by Friendly Foil

My wife got me the new Zelda: Link between worlds game for X-Mas. I'm about 10 hours in, and it's great. Doesn't hurt that it's a spiritual successor of my favorite Zelda game of all time (the SNES one). At first, I thought they were laying on the nostalgia a bit too thickly, but after a little while it becomes pretty clear that this game has it's own mechanics and puzzles, which makes it distinct enough, in my opinion. Plus the tunes are great enough to merit revisiting with orchestral flair. Definitely recommended.

Yeah, it's easily the best Zelda game since Wind Waker.

FUCKING LOL

Anyone else playing through Super Mario 3D World? Fucking hell, the mystery world levels are hard as shit - now I have go back and get the rest of the stamps and stars before I can open up the last level (the odd sand castle thing).

Just finished BLEED which I absolutely adored.

This looks promising/interesting:

Edited by yshf

Guest disparaissant

GTA 2 for PC is the running favorite. There is a fan-mod called GTA Manager that allows for some great cheat/hack/alterations to gameplay. It is a classic in my mind. I ended up looking at the sound files used in the game, importing them into Reason 5 and having a bit of fun with the bygone sounds and radiotracks.. This is my main squeeze in terms of video gaming at the moment. Before this was MetalGearSolid:SnakeEater which i enjoyed for a good while.. but when you start clocking 70+ hrs on a video game at some point you reflect on what ur doing with your time and how you may have spent it haha! I've spent thousands of hours playing videos games when i was younger, and it was great. I guess the games i would feel more intrigued to play now would be games like Children of Eden or Rez and Rez2, more synesthesia-type games. I guess more musical/visual harmony in some non-linear or abstract fashion..

...(.o.O.o.)...

absolutely loved snake eater, and did basically the same thing you did, spent SO much time beating and re-beating that game for the various endings/boss fights/power ups/etc. such a good one. even though the theme song is totally absurd.

the ladder is still the hardest boss in that game, lol.

FUCKING LOL

Anyone else playing through Super Mario 3D World? Fucking hell, the mystery world levels are hard as shit - now I have go back and get the rest of the stamps and stars before I can open up the last level (the odd sand castle thing).

If you haven't found it yet, there's a ROM of the original Mario Bros (now Luigi Bros) unlockable on the disc.

Lots of Borderlands 2 lately, anyone with a ps3 wanna party up? my hanlde is listed in my account info...

Also my girlfriend bought herself Skylanders Swap-Force as an xmas gift and like a dozen or so figures when they were on sale so I've been playing that with her also and honestly I kinda enjoy it, the gameplay is surprisingly good, it's pretty fun especially when playing together with someone. It recalls to mind a lot of older platformer/adventure games from the ps1/64 era. The technology of putting a figure on the portal to interact with the game impresses me as well, it's pretty seamless.

Edited by ghOsty

FUCKING LOL

If you haven't found it yet, there's a ROM of the original Mario Bros (now Luigi Bros) unlockable on the disc.

Yeah, I played that for about a minute (it's in the lower left corner of the start screen). Forgot how horrible the controls on that game were.

Lots of Borderlands 2 lately, anyone with a ps3 wanna party up? my hanlde is listed in my account info...

Also my girlfriend bought herself Skylanders Swap-Force as an xmas gift and like a dozen or so figures when they were on sale so I've been playing that with her also and honestly I kinda enjoy it, the gameplay is surprisingly good, it's pretty fun especially when playing together with someone. It recalls to mind a lot of older platformer/adventure games from the ps1/64 era. The technology of putting a figure on the portal to interact with the game impresses me as well, it's pretty seamless.

I think it's criminal how much they sell those figurines for...

I think it's criminal that people are stupid enough to actually buy shit like that.

Well, if it's not your cup of tea, sure - but if you like that stuff, why not? My only complaint is how damn expensive (and how low quality) the figurines are. For what they're charging, they should look and be constructed much better.

DAYZ STANDALONE,so frustrating but so addictive,don,t think a zombie has killed me yet,but plenty of humans and ladders/rooftops have!,also beware rotten bananas/oranges/kiwis!

I was thinking of getting this, but it's still in development so I don't know if I want to pay 24 for it yet.

DAYZ STANDALONE,so frustrating but so addictive,don,t think a zombie has killed me yet,but plenty of humans and ladders/rooftops have!,also beware rotten bananas/oranges/kiwis!

I was thinking of getting this, but it's still in development so I don't know if I want to pay 24 for it yet.

forgot to add: should i? or is it best to wait until it's finished?