1. Bubsy 3D

2. Daikatana

3. Ride To Hell: Retribution

4. Shaq Fu

5. Takeshi no Chōsenjō

Great post-ironic-satirical-meta-parody-sarcasm m8

Edited by Npoess

Guest bitroast

yeah, i completely forgot about mass effect when compiling my list ... sure there are still others i have missed.

final fantasy vii

metal gear solid 3

world of warcraft

call of duty (the first one and it's xpac)

the elder scrolls: skyrim

I'm not done with the witcher 3 yet and i think it may make the list once i beat it. I would've listed metal gear solid and final fantasy vi, viii, ix, and x, but i felt listing only my favorite of those series' would make room for other games that i thought deserved mention. honorable mentions are starcraft with its xpac brood war, god of war 1, 2 and 3, gta vice city and gta v, tekken tag tournament, zelda: a link to the past, half life 1 and 2, chrono trigger, and i could go on. I've played a lot of damn video games. A life wasted? meh...

Holy shit The Witcher 3 is confusing, I don't what to hell to do in this game.

Yeah, that's how I felt. It takes a good... 7-8 hours before you get used to it. But just ignore all the info they dump on you to begin with and if there's anything you're in doubt about look it up online.

Holy shit The Witcher 3 is confusing, I don't know what to hell to do in this game.

If I was you I'd start out by doing all the secondary quests you might find scattered around the world. Visit towns and grab all the quests you can find on the bulletin boards. They'll ease you into the combat. But be careful not to start a mission that is way too difficult, because then you're fucked. I started a mission called "The Red Baron" way too early, which meant I had to load an old save game, which pushed me back a couple of hours.

at the behest of my old lady i just started chrono trigger for the first time

which platform?

snes rom on retropie

i had actually started it once about 4 years ago on psn (dled the ps1 port) and turned it off after about 30 minutes because the loading times were absolutely fucking atrocious

Yeah, that's how I felt. It takes a good... 7-8 hours before you get used to it. But just ignore all the info they dump on you to begin with and if there's anything you're in doubt about look it up online.

Holy shit The Witcher 3 is confusing, I don't know what to hell to do in this game.

If I was you I'd start out by doing all the secondary quests you might find scattered around the world. Visit towns and grab all the quests you can find on the bulletin boards. They'll ease you into the combat. But be careful not to start a mission that is way too difficult, because then you're fucked. I started a mission called "The Red Baron" way too early, which meant I had to load an old save game, which pushed me back a couple of hours.

Oh man, what have I gotten myself into...

Anyway... it seems promising so far, I'd just wish it a bit better at explaining stuff, I hate having to figure out everything on my own in a video game. Kind of takes you out of the experience having to look everything up online.

Alright, will definitely do some side stuff first, not into that whole overly-punishing thing.

Edited by Npoess

Oh man, what have I gotten myself into...

Anyway... it seems promising so far, I'd just wish it a bit better at explaining stuff, I hate having to figure out everything on my own in a video game. Kind of takes you out of the experience having to look everything up online.

Alright, will definitely do some side stuff first, not into that whole overly-punishing thing.

The problem is that it tells you everything at once: "so here's where you do this and if you do this instead you'll get this, and when that's done you'll have access to a new range of stuff that gives you the ability to see this thing and now you're fucked".

Just go with the flow, look things up online and ask questions here if there's something you can't fans the answer to :)

at the behest of my old lady i just started chrono trigger for the first time

which platform?

snes rom on retropie

i had actually started it once about 4 years ago on psn (dled the ps1 port) and turned it off after about 30 minutes because the loading times were absolutely fucking atrocious

Funnily enough this week I'm starting it too (though this will probably be like my 4th playthrough), might be my fave RPG of all time....

the ps1 is just a bad slow loading port of the snes game. a cursory look at the ds version makes it looks like it's got a handful of enhancements (second screen map, enemy info in battles, etc.) but i'm not sure what all the enhancements are. didn't know it was ever released on ds until you mentioned it.