IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

Dark Forces / Jedi Knight / Jedi Outcast were pretty much my favourite kids as game. Mysteries of the sith too but not quite as wicked as Jedi Knight. Still haven't played Academy. Tried once and got stuck at a glitch and realised i didnt even care anymore..,

Urgh. Can't believe i still haven't played the KOTOR or Tie Fighter games..

1) thief/thief 2

2) planescape torment

3) shadows of mordor until you get too powerful

4) whichever version of championship manager it was that I spent entirely too much time in making roma champions of the world with ronaldinho

5) street fighter 2 on SNES- two blistered thumbs up

Dark Forces / Jedi Knight / Jedi Outcast were pretty much my favourite kids as game. Mysteries of the sith too but not quite as wicked as Jedi Knight. Still haven't played Academy. Tried once and got stuck at a glitch and realised i didnt even care anymore..,

Urgh. Can't believe i still haven't played the KOTOR or Tie Fighter games..

Twenty years ago Dark Forces was pretty much how I spent my whole summer. I still think it raised the bar for shooter games at the time in many ways.

Wasn't sure about Jedi Academy at first either, and I don't consider myself a devout Star Wars fan, but I think it was about a year ago I finally played through the whole thing. It's like Jedi Outcast but with more enhanced environments, light saber play, and the fact that you can play missions in any order you choose. I recommend it.

There's nothing I wouldn't do for a proper NOLF 3. I still play through the earlier ones about once a year and try to maintain a glimmer of hope.

KOTOR2 is certainly great but felt a bit rough around the edges. The excellent writing makes up for it though. you'll want the mod that adds a bunch of cut content.

Jedi Academy was a lot of fun as well but it felt a bit cartoony with some of the new models and maps, and it just didn't have the same impact as Jedi Outcast, which still has the best lightsaber combat of any game. The high point of both games were still the same, the npc_spawn console command. How ludicrously fun it was to make your own custom battles after you'd cleared a whole map, with any combination of enemies and allies. It also allowed for more morbid experiments, like binding the spawn command for Mon Mothma to a key and then noclipping to the peak of Nar Shaddaa, after which you'd spam the key and watch endless duplicates of her plummet down into the abyss.. The multi-player was amazing as well and I even managed to create a custom map for it, a Bespin-by-night themed one with lots of dark alleys. Then there were all the great mods...

Finished Arkham Knight, worthy finish to the Arkham Trilogy, although the very very ending (if you do all the sidequests) was a little vague. I'm probably not going to bother doing all the achievements for the platinum. But I did enjoy the game a lot, bit more challenging than the previous entries in the series, and that's a good thing IMO.

For now I've jumped back to Destiny in anticipation of The Taken King, and I've noticed the first 2 expansions really have done a lot to improve the experience of the game and add more content/story. TTK is looking really promising as well. I'm enjoying what I've come back to and look forward to more of the upcoming changes that really truly seem to be bringing major improvements to the game. Kudos to Bungie for actually listening to the player community and making re-vamps or entirely re-designing core elements to the game.

with black friday right around the corner i'd recommend waiting. otherwise check out either slickdeals.net or cheapassgamer.com and use the search. slickdeals allows you to set up deal alerts which can be handy for trying to sweep in on price mistakes or things that tend to turn over quickly. cag may have something similar but i don't use it as much

anyways don't know what games you're after but ps4 bundles appear every few days on sd

can someone recommend a PS4 bundle in the US to me? I'm waiting for the 1Tb model, but at this point they better throw in a game or two.

Unless you wait for the Japanese 1TB model to hit Stateside (the Japanese 1TB is a newer hardware revision; the US 1TB models are based on the launch hardware spec) which is TBD at the moment, you're better off just getting the 500GB base and buying a 2TB replacement drive at the same time. Cheaper too overall.

Blocky Raider, from the makers of Crossy Road, a blatant rip off of Indiana Jones, this version just doesn't hold up to the retro vibe and tension that game had. There's way too much left and right swiping, so I'd say stick to the Frogger rip off instead, lol.

https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/blocky-raider/id1004610776?mt=8

Goat Simulator is currently free on most mobile platforms, I'm still trying to figure it out, but it's definitely a lol, especially licking the mushrooms. Get your free code from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/goat-simulator-free

It looks like Devil's Third is going to be borked to death with micro transactions, really Nintendo? That's going to make it successful in the US?

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/240517-devil-s-third-tons-of-online-gameplay-info

http://www.destructoid.com/devil-s-third-has-microtransactions-hopefully-they-don-t-ruin-the-game-296524.phtml

That Fallout Shelter game finally got ported to Android, goodbye concentration....

I named a kid Schploft Afterblong, then everybody became depressed and got killed during a radroach infestation

:catrage:

Hi friends. I don't usually do this but I started a gaming site and it would be great if you could check it out. Slim on content right now, but feel free to give ideas, pointers, or even if you want to be a contributing writer for reviews or opinion pieces, that would be great too.

I'm a web designer by trade and have never actually made a blog/site for myself. I figured now is the time! Thanks for any possible feedback.

www.andogamer.com

Hi friends. I don't usually do this but I started a gaming site and it would be great if you could check it out. Slim on content right now, but feel free to give ideas, pointers, or even if you want to be a contributing writer for reviews or opinion pieces, that would be great too.

I'm a web designer by trade and have never actually made a blog/site for myself. I figured now is the time! Thanks for any possible feedback.

www.andogamer.com

If you want me to write an irregular opinion piece about my ongoing addiction to Payday 2 and random thoughts about it, I'm game.

PUN INTENDED

Cool site btw! Put it on my RSS feed thingy.

www.andogamer.com

If you want me to write an irregular opinion piece about my ongoing addiction to Payday 2 and random thoughts about it, I'm game.

PUN INTENDED

Cool site btw! Put it on my RSS feed thingy.

Thanks so much :) haha. If you feel like writing a piece about your addiction feel free. There is a section called 'deep thoughts'. I want it to be as quirky, funny and personal as possible. PM me if you really want to write. :)