IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Spekaing of, I've been mighty tempted to pre-order Final Fantasy Type-0 on Steam, despite my knowing it's likely not all good, what being a port of a PSP game. But still, tempting thought...

Spekaing of, I've been mighty tempted to pre-order Final Fantasy Type-0 on Steam, despite my knowing it's likely not all good, what being a port of a PSP game. But still, tempting thought...

It's actually pretty good. Very unique. Combines some tactical elements to straight up RPG. It's kind of all over the place and you have to be alright with chapter style progression (vs free roaming) but honestly I sunk 40hrs into it already and I'm not disappointed.

I finally dived into the world of SLI. I got a second GTX 970 and with it came a free copy of MGS:V for PC! As for SLI: I love it. It was ridiculously easy to install and setup. The FPS improvement is usually around 80% increase. With 1 GTX 970 I was getting around 40fps in GTA:V at maxed out settings, and with 2 I'm getting around 70 fps. The Witcher 3 is also running smooth as butter at maxed out settings, Hairworks and all. So it looks like I'll be skipping MGS:V on my PS4 and just playing the free copy I got for PC. I also picked up an Xbox 360 controller for my PC for cheap. Works great.

Looks like a re-skinned Bloodborne (which is not really a bad thing, that game had an awesome look to it) and it's nice to see that they dropped the slow motion movements from the first two games. Kind of looking forward to it now... which is a scary feeling for me.

i played bloodborne for 30 minutes a week ago. the main character looks rediculous with bad posture and absurdly lanky limbs even though i made him as short and fat as possible (like me). also, i adjusted the brightness to the specs outlined in the setup (see this image, can't see the other image) and when the game started i could hardly see anything at all.

after tonite i'll be able to devote a good bit more time to bloodborne so i hope it clicks for me.

Looks like a re-skinned Bloodborne (which is not really a bad thing, that game had an awesome look to it) and it's nice to see that they dropped the slow motion movements from the first two games. Kind of looking forward to it now... which is a scary feeling for me.

In the end this all comes down to personal preference, but I actually prefer the slower, sluggish combat of Dark Souls. I liked that heavy feeling on DS's combat. Let's hope both styles are available and viable.

That being said, people are saying this looks like a cross between Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, but I've played neither (well, a couple hours of Bloodborne at a friend's house) so I can't really comment on that.

Also I'm sad to see they're reusing the fast roll animation from Dark Souls. It's ridiculous, you look like a damn frog hopping around like that.

Played online Payday 2 for the first time. Had put it off for fear of not being good enough and insanely good/angry other players. Turns out it's fun as shit!

Also, when I joined one lobby and everyone noticed my unicorn mask...

2015-08-04_00001.jpg

Unicorn crew. :cisfor:

The John Wick in the game plays more like Christopher Reeves than Keanu Reeves

He looks cool though. He robs banks wearing just a pair of shades, as if making all the people wearing masks / armour look like pussies.

Guest bitroast

heh. it looks insanely like bloodborne. was kind of expecting it, since the initial leaked screenshots pretty much made it look like the bb engine so that at least makes sense. but yeah you're right. the character movements as well seem .. inspired by bloodborne and the big boss designs as well seem like they could all fit in with the bloodborne aesthetic maybe more than the dark souls 1 aesthetic? maybe it was a concious decision in releasing bloodborne-y type footage in the ds3 trailer seeing as bloodborne is a bit of a hit atm. maybe the game is honestly going to be bloodborne as fuck.

i mean, either way. i'm fucking stoked and keen to play it!! but the footage is interesting :)

Guest bitroast

bit at ~0:54 looks like a throwback to demon's souls / tower of latria,

also excited by the mob looking enemies. love in bloodborne how the enemies are generally in groups or patrolling around. going back to demons souls after bloodborne and finding all the enemies standing motionless waiting for you to shoot arrows at them was pretty funny. actually 100% stupid psyched for this upon 2nd watching :):):)

Edited by bitroast

Looks good! It looks GREAT!

I hope they dump that terrible theme song from the first game though.

...and I hope they fix the voice acting, because daaang...

finally finished everything in ffvii steam last nite. beat it more thoroughly than i've ever beaten it before. mastered all materia, beat all the weapons, got all ultimate weapons and limit breaks etc.

think i'll start bloodborne tonite while the missus is away

or maybe i should work on music...

Mafia 3 is a real thing now. Not exactly a return to the style of the first game many people were hoping for it seems (new devs too it seems)... almost reminds me of Saints Row. Could still be fun though.

That's good. The last one was a bit of a train wreck.