IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Still looking forward to some of the 2016 titles, especially Hyper Light Drifter and No Man's Sky. Not 100 percent sure about XCOM 2 and the next DOOM tho...probably will wait for reviews first rather than pre-order.

Gonna try to be cautious in my anticipation this time around, after having a mixed final impression about Fallout 4.

There's a couple more titles I'm watching but I don't feel like rambling on.

Still looking forward to some of the 2016 titles, especially Hyper Light Drifter and No Man's Sky. Not 100 percent sure about XCOM 2 and the next DOOM tho...probably will wait for reviews first rather than pre-order.

Gonna try to be cautious in my anticipation this time around, after having a mixed final impression about Fallout 4.

Alex Preston posted an update the other day on Kickstarter re: HLD, he had his heart valves replaced with artificial ones, and has been taking it easy for the last month. I'm betting the PC/Mac/Linux ports will ship in Spring on target, but the PS4/Wii U versions might not see release til Fall 2016.

Sounds like you guys aren't too impressed with the 3DS. I was actually thinking about buying one, but now I'm dissuaded.

Don't get me wrong; the 3DS is a great little handheld - IF the games are made specifically for it. Link Between Worlds (aka the latest Zelda game - not counting that awful Triforce Heroes monstrosity), and a ton of others (my daughter is playing the SHIT out of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer) are some of the best games period, regardless of platform.

However, the biggest limitation (which I had hoped they would finally address with the "new" 3DS was the poor screen resolution - instead, they kept the screen resolution to the paltry 800x240 (400px is for the 3D), which is shameful in this day and age, especially on the vertical. As a result, many games (even some specifically made for the platform) just look awful due to the jagged edges.

Nintendo's next handheld (be it the NX or something else) really should have at least a 1080P screen - phones and most tablets that are sub 100$ have them; there's no reason for a 2016/2017 handheld not to have at least that.

Alex Preston posted an update the other day on Kickstarter re: HLD, he had his heart valves replaced with artificial ones, and has been taking it easy for the last month. I'm betting the PC/Mac/Linux ports will ship in Spring on target, but the PS4/Wii U versions might not see release til Fall 2016.

Geez, what a slacker

Nintendo's next handheld (be it the NX or something else) really should have at least a 1080P screen - phones and most tablets that are sub 100$ have them; there's no reason for a 2016/2017 handheld not to have at least that.

Yeah I think I overheard the NX announcement a couple of months ago. If it's coming out within the next year or two I may just hold off til then. I already have a highly capable laptop for gaming, but lately I'm sorta desiring a change of pace in the games themselves - simpler, faster paced games as opposed to open-world exploration games, to be more specific. I'd like to exercise my eye-hand coordination / motor skills a little more.

That reminds me, I need to chip in @ Kickstarter. A handheld version would be fantastic, if it's coming to Wii U. My brother just bought one yesterday. I watched a brief interview with Preston last night, where he cited Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as a direct influence, which happens to be my favorite Zelda game. HLD looks awesome either way.

Edited by ambermonk

Yeah I think I overheard the NX announcement a couple of months ago. If it's coming out within the next year or two I may just hold off til then. I already have a highly capable laptop for gaming, but lately I'm sorta desiring a change of pace in the games themselves - simpler, faster paced games as opposed to open-world exploration games, to be more specific. I'd like to exercise my eye-hand coordination / motor skills a little more.

That reminds me, I need to chip in @ Kickstarter. A handheld version would be fantastic, if it's coming to Wii U. My brother just bought one yesterday. I watched a brief interview with Preston last night, where he cited Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as a direct influence, which happens to be my favorite Zelda game. HLD looks awesome either way.

Supposed to be unveiled at E3 this year, possibly out by Christmas 2016. Rumours are it might be a combo console/handheld, where you can take a portion of the unit on the go. Sounds quirky enough to fit NIntendo's M.O.

If the NX ends up being backwards compatible, then I will most likely just wait for it to release instead of buying a Wii U. I have so many other things that are higher on my priority purchase list that it may take that long anyways. I know the Wii U will be pretty cheap by then, but at that point I'm sure I'll be swayed by Nintendo's ideas for the NX enough to skip the Wii U and have the NX move up on my priority list. I'll just have to wait and see.

High up on that priority purchase list, under video game purchases, you'll find Sony's PlayStation VR. I can't wait to play around with VR, and Sony's VR solution seems pretty sweet. It'll either be PlayStation VR or Oculus Rift. I'm not 100% sure on that decision yet.

Edited by 747Music

So NX would be a "hybrid" portable console? Sounds pretty cool. Yeah I'd be curious to see the demo.

That's one of the more popular rumours going about...

If the NX ends up being backwards compatible, then I will most likely just wait for it to release instead of buying a Wii U. I have so many other things that are higher on my priority purchase list that it may take that long anyways. I know the Wii U will be pretty cheap by then, but at that point I'm sure I'll be swayed by Nintendo's ideas for the NX enough to skip the Wii U and have the NX move up on my priority list. I'll just have to wait and see.

High up on that priority purchase list, under video game purchases, you'll find Sony's PlayStation VR. I can't wait to play around with VR, and Sony's VR solution seems pretty sweet. It'll either be PlayStation VR or Oculus Rift. I'm not 100% sure on that decision yet.

I wouldn't count on the NX being backwards-compatible (at first, or ever) - unless Nintendo stubbornly sticks to non-standard architecture for their CPU/system (and is Wii U compatible/capable), I think what will happen is they will jump on the "standard PC architecture" bandwagon like Microsoft and Sony have so third-party developers will be able to embrace the NX, unlike the Wii U.

Add to the fact there will probably be an awkward period where the Wii U and NX will share the spotlight (possibly for some time depending on how long Nintendo keeps the Wii U going post-NX launch), the last thing they would do is cannibalize their Wii U market with backwards compatibility on the NX.

Nintendo has a good thing going with their eShop and Virtual Console games; I hope they continue this with the NX (although buying the same games over and over is getting a bit tiring). Nintendo should go a subscription route for a "all you can play" for the Virtual Console, but do it better than Sony has with Playstation Now.

There's also a rumour going around that SEGA might get back into the hardware game with a new console, but supposedly it's like a Steam Machine where it's a bog-standard PC in all respects. I bet if true it's probably a glorified emulator that will run past SEGA games. Really sad, as SEGA was once king of hardware, easily besting Nintendo in that space.

that sega rumor was debunked the day after it came out. it was apparently some singular group writing about wanting to make a dreamcast 2 and a few blogs reposting it and then people reposting it on fb to where it got tagged in their "trending articles" ticker and snowballed from there.

http://kotaku.com/no-sega-isnt-launching-a-dreamcast-2-1749342080

i don't really use fb but a friend of mine had sent me a link to an article about the dc2. i thought it had the potential to be true (like how they released those new c64 pcs). oh well

and yeah. wouldn't count on nx being backward compatible. rereleased and uprezzed is the new backwards compatibility

bought fast racing neo. playing it on the gamepad while my lady hogs the tv playing mgsv. very cool looking game. very strong mix of fzero and wipeout. kinda funny at borrowing the chopped menu title bars from wip3out. got gold in the first two novice cups by tying for first place. seems to be a pretty severly rubberbanding ai. or maybe i just suck at it so far.

bought nintendo money and going to try out neo racing later tonight.. :music:

that sega rumor was debunked the day after it came out. it was apparently some singular group writing about wanting to make a dreamcast 2 and a few blogs reposting it and then people reposting it on fb to where it got tagged in their "trending articles" ticker and snowballed from there.

http://kotaku.com/no-sega-isnt-launching-a-dreamcast-2-1749342080

i don't really use fb but a friend of mine had sent me a link to an article about the dc2. i thought it had the potential to be true (like how they released those new c64 pcs). oh well

and yeah. wouldn't count on nx being backward compatible. rereleased and uprezzed is the new backwards compatibility

Actually kinda relieved that was false - it would have probably made me even more sad about SEGA's fall from grace...

RE: HD remakes - I dunno - Nintendo seems to have steered away from that for the most part, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess notwithstanding...

I've been saying this for years now, but all Nintendo has to do is release a Pokemon MMO game for consoles - keep the graphics cute and retro (or at least X&Y quality), and watch the cash roll in.

The HDMI on my laptop is on the left side, and the right side faces the wall so it would be inconvenient with current set up. Steam Link and a PS2 emulator might work, if my Steel Series Nimbus controller will play ball. I have a support ticket into Steel to clarify that.

This is how I'm celebrating the New Year: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack

Everything about this latest BD update - the new maps, the music, an already legendary mod...fuck. This is seriously the next level experience for Classic Doom.

EDIT: OMFG...the music in Map 05 in the Starter Pack...THEY SAMPLED AE'S CHIASTIC SLIDE

EDIT II: Last post on this page? Figures.

Edited by ambermonk

Guest transmisiones ferox

Does anybody has that lame feeling"why I bought new 3ds, instead of new 3ds xl" almost wish you buy another one, fuck nintento can fuck with your head

New 3DS is barely available in the US, it only comes as an Animal Crossing bundle. It's mostly XL only.

Does anybody has that lame feeling"why I bought new 3ds, instead of new 3ds xl" almost wish you buy another one, fuck nintento can fuck with your head

New 3DS is barely available in the US, it only comes as an Animal Crossing bundle. It's mostly XL only.

Nice

To add, looks like nintendo made 4 consoles; nintendo 3ds, nintendo 3ds xl, new nintendo 3ds, new nintnedo 3ds xl, plus 2ds, which for newcomer makes your choise very complicated, when you buy a playstation, you never looking back