IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

$600 for oculus rift...

come on sony. hit'em where it hurts

I was really surprised it is that expensive - Sony better take this as an opportunity to introduce Playstation VR at 350-400 max (they said it would cost as much as a console) and undercut this shit - it's the only way VR has a chance of survival, and by survival, I mean a passing fad for about a year max before nobody wants to wear a oversized sleeping mask playing games.

I could be wrong, but I see VR going down the motion control path (funny too, since Playstation VR uses PS Move controllers) where it's a passing fad - about a year of interest, a few games (but no AAA games) that utilize it, and then fade away.

And 750 quid in the UK!

fucking Fuckerberg

Apparently old Farcebook had little to do with the price, except that Oculus was able to afford better tech in the device (due to the Farcebook investment), and thus the price increased.

Guest transmisiones ferox

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. Worth every penny.

sent from a tippytappy flatpad

also did it, was very hyped about the game, but finished some very cool first bosses and just stop playing it, for me it's just trying to hard to be original, while still keep the dark souls vibe, also didn't get the story

also didn't get the story

Most people (me included!) don't. Dropped 100-ish hours into Dark Souls, and so far 10+ hours into DS2 and as far as I'm concerned the story is: Hit monsters, get things to make it easier to hit bigger monsters, run from too bigger monsters until a bit later.

Most people (me included!) don't. Dropped 100-ish hours into Dark Souls, and so far 10+ hours into DS2 and as far as I'm concerned the story is: Hit monsters, get things to make it easier to hit bigger monsters, run from too bigger monsters until a bit later.

Pretty much. Bloodborne was a very nice game from a gameplay standpoint. It must've been, because I went through it three times.

But, judging from various wiki entries the "story" mostly seems to be made up by fans who base nearly all of it on vague item descriptions and NPCs who barely even speak. The environments look cool as shit but I really shouldn't have to go on the internet to find out how/why a skeleton with a cage on its head transported me to some weird library building. And why walking through the front door of said building dumps me in front of a huge castle with a glowing brain-thing in a tower (spoiler). People can pretend this is simply because this whole universe is 2deep4me, the dirty casual that I am, but when 90% of the people who play your game are unable to explain what happened, you'd almost think there's a problem with the story telling.

But whatever, still a fun game in spite of this.

Guest bitroast

i think the whole point of the FromSoftware games is the story and backstory part is hinted at via lore, etc. but alot of it is kept deliberately blank to let you fill in the blanks and make up your own interpretation. it's like the JAWS thing where not seeing the big picture but knowing something big and scary is happening is more scary than having something dumped onto you.

having said that, the lore is there to dig into and try and piece together.

but ye the story is definitely left with some info taken out or obtused to try and keep the player guessing.

Yeah, the storyline is intentionally obscured and parts of it are left open to interpretation. However, there is a story that can be found...but you must keep in mind that Miyazaki/From Software want you to be confused and search for help from others...that's not just a part of gameplay (dropping you places that get you automatically invaded, allowing others to help or troll through messaging, summoning NPCs or players for help with bosses) but is intended for the community to theorize and discuss the back story.

sent using magic space waves

It's kind of pure role playing game that "series", sets a hazy background you can build anyone and anything on.

Pretty much. Bloodborne was a very nice game from a gameplay standpoint. It must've been, because I went through it three times.

But, judging from various wiki entries the "story" mostly seems to be made up by fans who base nearly all of it on vague item descriptions and NPCs who barely even speak. The environments look cool as shit but I really shouldn't have to go on the internet to find out how/why a skeleton with a cage on its head transported me to some weird library building. And why walking through the front door of said building dumps me in front of a huge castle with a glowing brain-thing in a tower (spoiler). People can pretend this is simply because this whole universe is 2deep4me, the dirty casual that I am, but when 90% of the people who play your game are unable to explain what happened, you'd almost think there's a problem with the story telling.

You don't.

Edited by Perezvon

It's kind of pure role playing game that "series", sets a hazy background you can build anyone and anything on.

You don't.

You do. Also a "pure role playing game" would be something like Wasteland or whatever, not an action game like Bloodborne or DS that merely lets you upgrade your stats. If that qualifies as role playing, so does Call of Duty multiplayer.

Edited by Friendly Foil

You don't.

You do. Also a "pure role playing game" would be something like Wasteland or whatever, not an action game like Bloodborne or DS that merely lets you upgrade your stats. If that qualifies as role playing, so does Call of Duty multiplayer.

Welp, just pre-ordered the XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe package on Steam. Admittedly I was on the fence about pre-ordering earlier, but what's done is done now.

Also re-downloading S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat specifically for the Call of Chernobyl mod, which happened to make it on the Editor's Choice Mod of the Year 2015 list on ModDB...and also happened to be released the same day I saw Ae live in Vancouver.

Also re-downloading S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat specifically for the Call of Chernobyl mod, which happened to make it on the Editor's Choice Mod of the Year 2015 list on ModDB...and also happened to be released the same day I saw Ae live in Vancouver.

The stalker games are terribly underrated IMO.

I personally think they're awesome games. A bit buggy, but worth it.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Silent Hill 2 finished this classic finally, still holds up amazingly, everything from the gameplay (except combat) to a level design is exceptional for a game and has some of the most memorable characters in the gaming,

angela_m.jpg

It's well good, the voice acting is a bit shit, but other than that it's brilliant.

fifa 16. again.

its got a bit boring tho coz my career mode arsenal team is well good.

i like games I can play while listening to music (i.e no story or audio cues req)