IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Get the Smash Bros/Splatoon bundle if you can find one, or the Super Mario Maker set. For all new Wii U owners, recommendations:

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario Maker

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Splatoon

Smash Bros

Bayonetta 2

Pikmin 3

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Hyrule Warriors

Super Mario 3D World

Downloads:

Mario Kart 8 DLC

Fast Racing Neo

Little Inferno

Earthbound

Gunman Clive

Year Walk

Another World: 20th Anniversary

Wii U Virtual Console Games

(Sin & Punishment 2 is great)

Awesome, thanks ! I've been wanting to play Another World and Earthbound for a while now, it'll be the right time to discover those gems :)

Just saw a news report from a shitty little Norwegian municipality. This is their sigil.

large.png

I don't think they know.

Edited by Gocab

Get the Smash Bros/Splatoon bundle if you can find one, or the Super Mario Maker set. For all new Wii U owners, recommendations:

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario Maker

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Splatoon

Smash Bros

Bayonetta 2

Pikmin 3

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Hyrule Warriors

Super Mario 3D World

Downloads:

Mario Kart 8 DLC

Fast Racing Neo

Little Inferno

Earthbound

Gunman Clive

Year Walk

Another World: 20th Anniversary

Wii U Virtual Console Games

(Sin & Punishment 2 is great)

I'll add Donkey Kong: Jungle Freeze and Yoshi's Wooley World to this list for ninty titles.

I haven't played it but Wonderful 101 is supposed to be great.

Zombie U can be picked up for next to nothing and is actually pretty cool.

If you want to sink 100+ hours into a JRPG then Xenoblade Chronicles X is fantastic. Game of the year imo.

Edited by QQQ

Problems on Steam with other people being able to see the details of other people's accounts.

News sites say not to log in to steam and unlink your paypal accounts.

I don't think I have my credit card info stored on there but if I do, I better keep an eye on that in the future.

Merry Xmas, Valve!

Edited by Bechuga

bought fast racing neo. playing it on the gamepad while my lady hogs the tv playing mgsv. very cool looking game. very strong mix of fzero and wipeout. kinda funny at borrowing the chopped menu title bars from wip3out. got gold in the first two novice cups by tying for first place. seems to be a pretty severly rubberbanding ai. or maybe i just suck at it so far.

Guest bitroast

I'll add Donkey Kong: Jungle Freeze and Yoshi's Wooley World to this list for ninty titles.

i cant for the life of me pinpoint why but i found donk kong: jungle freeze to be substantially more boring and less inspired than donkey kong country: returns. they seem so similar and if anything the sequel should be the better, expanded on game.. but i can't gel with it.

revisited Defcon, about six or seven years after I first played it (coincidentally round about the same time I first saw Threads). nabbed it was on sale. costs less than a cup of coffee, yet better than most multimillion dollar AAA shooter snoozefests out there.

DEFCON-Everybody-Dies-2.jpg

such a brilliantly designed little game, from the cold, calculated gameplay to the War Room big-board visuals to the sombre soundtrack with its detailed little touches. a perfect illustration of what "mutually-assured destruction" means - no round in this game ever ends cleanly, you always lose lives, it's just a matter of making the other side lose more lives. Cold War nuclear holocaust paranoia pervades this game, and as an avid follower of that topic, I find this game an excellent homage. it's crazy to think how close this came to being a reality.

I'm seriously tempted to pull the trigger on buying Dragon Quest 8 for iOS, has anyone tried that port? I could mirror it to my TV with Airplay, but it seems to only be Portrait orientation, is that correct? They seriously need to port it to Apple TV, it would sell a bajillion, and help promote that platform.

its coming for 3ds soon !!

YOu will be disappointed at how bad it looks on the low-res 3DS. Playstation 2 version (I still keep a PS2 and DQ 8 for this reason) is still the best until they port it to PS4 (hopefully a uprezzed remake, and not simply a PS2 emulated version, although that would suffice).

yeah got a new3ds and man i can't believe how shit it looks. the battery blows compared to the vita too (or my 10 yr old dslite). the ergonomics suck (prioritizing the shitty sticks instead of the dpad/buttons). i wonder if it's too late to return it...

I'm seriously tempted to pull the trigger on buying Dragon Quest 8 for iOS, has anyone tried that port? I could mirror it to my TV with Airplay, but it seems to only be Portrait orientation, is that correct? They seriously need to port it to Apple TV, it would sell a bajillion, and help promote that platform.

its coming for 3ds soon !!

YOu will be disappointed at how bad it looks on the low-res 3DS. Playstation 2 version (I still keep a PS2 and DQ 8 for this reason) is still the best until they port it to PS4 (hopefully a uprezzed remake, and not simply a PS2 emulated version, although that would suffice).

Has 8 been announced for PS4? So far I've heard DQ7, 8, and 11 for 3DS. And DQ11 for PS4.

Guest bitroast

the 3DS version of DQ8 does look shittier than the ps2 (the colours* tones in particular seem over saturated from what i've seen??).

but the ps2 game still holds up solidly, and if i had a means to play that on a handheld with the 3DS button layout and everything. play it on couch / on train, etc. i would absolutely play it if i wasn't already half way thru.

Edited by bitroast

Yeah New 3DS XL is awesome don't let the haters dissuade you. And having my DQ8 map on the bottom screen sounds convenient. DQ11 will show the 3D visuals on the top screen, and an 8 bit version on the touch screen how cool is that.

Guest bitroast

one thing that has to be said about the PS2 version over the phone version (and... i think the 3DS version) . is the all orchestral soundtrack. soooo lush.