IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest transmisiones ferox

mgsv, I just finished sahelanthropus and think this was the most amazing boss battle I had in gaming. It was huge, fast, scary fight, watching the sky falling with red dust and fire, takes your breath away. And how the day/night cycle is really cool, how you progress throught it, almost let you feel that this fight was epic and long. And it was hard! Also THE MUSIC was amazing and the cutscene after was breathtakinh, like all the cutscenes were AMAZING! also didn't get the disappointment about the story, I'm not rushing it and still didn't get to the end, but I like that story twist after sahelanthropus fight, getting that 1984 feeling of Big Boss is watching you so far!

also Kaz hamburgers :emotawesomepm9:

The witcher 3 and fallout 4 are probably superior, but I never find time to enjoy these long ass games anymore. I still buy them though, because I forget I'm (supposed to be) an adult with no spare time.

Not sure about The Witcher but Fallout (and most Bethesda RPGs infact) can be played in tiny little chunks even if you have no free time. Fallout 3 probably took me about 4 years to finish the main quest, Skyrim about the same - but if I had a spare 15 minutes I could just pop open a mini mission and go/kill/steal a person/place/thing and have a good mini RPG experience !

amplitude is out today woop woop

was that the one you were telling me about?

yes yes yes so fucking fun. rez combined with guitar hero

Didn't that come out a decade or so ago ?! Sure I had a demo of it on my PS2 !

will my gtx690 be alright for the rifty

im out of the loop

nvrmnd just found the compatibility tool. I'm good.

Says the 690 won't work but I don't believe it.

Edited by StephenG

I was hoping FO4 would be my GotY 2015, but there was just too much convolution, frustration, and tedium for me. You had to very deliberately betray one faction to continue the main quest line with another, the settlement babysitting got annoying after a while, and constantly finding yourself trying to resupply for materials whilst crafting your weapon and armor upgrades was a chore in itself. Made it hard to focus just on combat sometimes.

Again though, it looks like a good lineup for this year. I'm especially stoked about Hyper Light Drifter and No Man's Sky...and Routine, if Lunar can finally get it finished.

yeah $20 on ps store. insta-buy. so much fun.

have you seen thumper? from one of the guys in lightning bolt (who i didn't realize was also a harmonix dev and worked on amplitude) and another dude. looks cooler than amplitude to me:

i mean...

$600 for oculus rift...

come on sony. hit'em where it hurts

I was really surprised it is that expensive - Sony better take this as an opportunity to introduce Playstation VR at 350-400 max (they said it would cost as much as a console) and undercut this shit - it's the only way VR has a chance of survival, and by survival, I mean a passing fad for about a year max before nobody wants to wear a oversized sleeping mask playing games.

I could be wrong, but I see VR going down the motion control path (funny too, since Playstation VR uses PS Move controllers) where it's a passing fad - about a year of interest, a few games (but no AAA games) that utilize it, and then fade away.

And 750 quid in the UK!

Fallout was one of the only new games I played this year so it would have to be my pick. It is flawed, especially on PC (requiring a bunch of ini edits to play properly - what the fuck were they thinking with the default mouse controls?), but once I got it running to my liking it was tons of fun. Over a hundred hours and I'm still finding new things to do. Witcher looks great but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I loved Life is Strange too. Way better episodic game than Telltale's Game of Thrones, which was good but ultimately pretty disappointing story-wise.

Currently playing The Talos Principle, it's great. Borrows a lot from Portal (box & laser puzzles), but it does good stuff with its mechanics. And the story elements are really well thought out. The machine sentience theme is real hot these days, and it's explored well in Talos. It's one of the only games that really has me looking forward to reading its in-game texts.

even though im only half way through im gonna say witcher 3. its been an aeon since i was actually fascinated by a story in a game, and the combat is pretty sexy too.

obvious shout out to afterbirth, just about finished all the unlocks with every character and im about to move on to the new challenges, some of which are incredibly frustrating. speed! is ridiculous.

if bloodbourne wasnt locked to console im sure it would have been my favourite game times 2. played a bit at a mates and it was friggin awesome.

$600 for oculus rift...

come on sony. hit'em where it hurts

I was really surprised it is that expensive - Sony better take this as an opportunity to introduce Playstation VR at 350-400 max (they said it would cost as much as a console) and undercut this shit - it's the only way VR has a chance of survival, and by survival, I mean a passing fad for about a year max before nobody wants to wear a oversized sleeping mask playing games.

I could be wrong, but I see VR going down the motion control path (funny too, since Playstation VR uses PS Move controllers) where it's a passing fad - about a year of interest, a few games (but no AAA games) that utilize it, and then fade away.

And 750 quid in the UK!

fucking Fuckerberg

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC and Mobile, but it needs a 20gb install for a rezzed up PS1 game??

Got it on my mobile now and currently near the end of CD3 (using my original PS1 discs) upscaled in emulation and it's a tenth of that size (bet it runs better too!)