IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

If it has a HDMI port, would make it pretty nice to carry a cable + plug into whatever monitor / tele is available.

But I am curious / interested, might buy day one purely for old times sake (the only console I've ever bought day one was the Wii and that was because it was cheap. Ah, nostalgia...)

omg. 

given that wii u didn't sell super well and userbase was made up of either BIG NINTENDO FANS, or simple people choosing to believe in the wii u and invest in it, expecting people to rebuy the wii u games is going to be a massive FUCK YOU to the nintendo fanbase lololol

Nintendo make you rebuy their games yearly, how is this any different? lol

what ? hey !! 

the trailer pretty specifically shows gamecube; yoshi circuit, which was a track in Mario Kart 8. i don't care about new characters so much but same game engine + same levels = first game. they haven't done this before ?

**triggered**

**triggered**

**triggered**

**triggered**

:catrage:

If it has a HDMI port, would make it pretty nice to carry a cable + plug into whatever monitor / tele is available.

But I am curious / interested, might buy day one purely for old times sake (the only console I've ever bought day one was the Wii and that was because it was cheap. Ah, nostalgia...)

omg. 

given that wii u didn't sell super well and userbase was made up of either BIG NINTENDO FANS, or simple people choosing to believe in the wii u and invest in it, expecting people to rebuy the wii u games is going to be a massive FUCK YOU to the nintendo fanbase lololol

Nintendo make you rebuy their games yearly, how is this any different? lol

what ? hey !! 

the trailer pretty specifically shows gamecube; yoshi circuit, which was a track in Mario Kart 8. i don't care about new characters so much but same game engine + same levels = first game. they haven't done this before ?

**triggered**

**triggered**

**triggered**

**triggered**

:catrage:

there are two weapons in the mario kart shot, so it's actually a new mario kart, probably with the same gameplay style as double dash 

edit: i dunno

Edited by yek

Guest bitroast

there are two weapons in the mario kart shot, so it's actually a new mario kart, probably with the same gameplay style as double dash 

edit: i dunno

oh ye troo. you're totally right.

If there is no disc drive, and all Switch games are SD card or digital, they could do episodic games, and get levels out much quicker, like the Telltale games, or shit like MMOs. Maybe this Zelda will be the first to have post game DLC. I would buy new Mario Kart courses forever.

Hmm... to buy Dragon Quest XI on PS4 or Switch? That game will rule Japan, it will be available on all 3 of the major consoles there.

Guest bitroast

If there is no disc drive, and all Switch games are SD card or digital, they could do episodic games, and get levels out much quicker, like the Telltale games, or shit like MMOs. Maybe this Zelda will be the first to have post game DLC. I would buy new Mario Kart courses forever.

Hmm... to buy Dragon Quest XI on PS4 or Switch? That game will rule Japan, it will be available on all 3 of the major consoles there.

when mario kart 8 released its first bunch of dlc i was totally thinking the same to be honest ! maybe its just wishful thinking, but the thought that was popping in my head was pretty much along those lines .. that if the next mario kart could be a super bare bones base experience with additional race packs released sporadically and at a cost, would be a super easy way to a. maintain player interest + b. make ton more money out of 1 game. 

so with this being what looks like a seemingly sort of re-release of mario kart 8 but with some changes to distinguish it from being mario kart 8. ... maybe it'll be exactly that ???

or maybe they literally just a straight 1to1 rerelease with added boo + some tweaks to HUD to justify a $80 ??

whose to say :dadjoke:

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

i'm just ready to throw my money at nintendo, by the looks of it there are going to be A LOT more games than the wii u,  with third parties developing and all.

oh same man. 

i personally didn't purchase a wii u and was pretty much sold on the idea of buying the next nintendo console before it was even announced. the big deciding factor was whether or not it was backwards compatible, because that would've 100% been an insta-buy for me. catch up on wii u + nx in one package would've been a no brainer. 

the way they're re-releasing mario kart and the likes.. is why im getting a bit funny on this stuff. because instead of paying ~$30 something for a 2 year old games, i'm now in a position of having to buy a premium for 2 year old games as if they were new. so :catrage:

but having said that. it's also super fucking smart of nintendo. so kudos to them i guess. always happy to see nintendo do good. 

Edited by bitroast

i'm just ready to throw my money at nintendo, by the looks of it there are going to be A LOT more games than the wii u,  with third parties developing and all.

oh same man. 

i personally didn't purchase a wii u and was pretty much sold on the idea of buying the next nintendo console before it was even announced. the big deciding factor was whether or not it was backwards compatible, because that would've 100% been an insta-buy for me. catch up on wii u + nx in one package would've been a no brainer. 

the way they're re-releasing mario kart and the likes.. is why im getting a bit funny on this stuff. because instead of paying ~$30 something for a 2 year old games, i'm now in a position of having to buy a premium for 2 year old games as if they were new. so :catrage:

but having said that. it's also super fucking smart of nintendo. so kudos to them i guess. always happy to see nintendo do good. 

it's funny how much new wii u games cost... i think because there are only so many Great games for the system. here's hoping when the nintendo switch comes out there will be so many games available that prices will drop.

Edited by yek

the Switch controllers are called Joy-Cons, lol what the hell

Is that the family meeting for all Joyrex's?

JOY-CON 2017, be there!

maybe because they vibrate and you can put them in your orifices.  :emotawesomepm9:

i love the fact that he's ALWAYS playing switch. neither does he talk to that girl at the airport beyond showing her his cool gaming system then moving on...

this is how humanity should be at all times. uber to our locations whilst playing video games or watching youtube on our phones, eat out everyday and just make companies richer. in fact, i noticed people go to bars and sports venues to play switch. bet you they quit their jobs so it doesn't have to interfere with their game time

thanks nintendo

Edited by Nebraska

I just don't get why every Nintendo system needs a gimmick. I wish they would release a vanilla system with a normal controller that just plugs into a tv and then just make great games. It's reinventing the wheel.

Guest bitroast

nintendo-switch-controller-100688607-ori

theres gonna be a normal controller, so if you wanna keep the thing docked in as a home console there'd be nothing stopping you.

as far as gimmicks go, this system is actually pretty light.

there's no advertised motion controls.

there's no second in game screen.

there's no touch screen.

there's no 3D.

there's no VR headset.

it's just taking the wii u system and the handheld system and bridging the gap.

Guest bitroast

remember when this garbage leaked and just about everyone was saying 'this isn't a far cry from the gimmicks nintendo always do, looks legit' ?? :facepalm:

bMxkncT.jpgqQLgyXI.jpg

Edited by bitroast

I just don't get why every Nintendo system needs a gimmick. I wish they would release a vanilla system with a normal controller that just plugs into a tv and then just make great games. It's reinventing the wheel.

I don't like the word 'gimmick.' The reason Nintendo always needs to do something different to separate themselves from the competition is because they're always going to be the underdog this day and age. Video games have become a much more 'adult' pastime, and unfortunately, it seems that gamers are such that they'll disavow games and consoles that aren't 'dark,' 'gritty,' 'mature...' whatever else you want to add to that. I know that's not everyone, but the image of the so-called gamer these days is that of this type. Nintendo keep making bright, colorful, and lighthearted games, and no matter how fun those games may be, they're always considered 'too kiddie.' I showed Super Mario 3D World to my brother one day, and he actually said, "This looks pretty good, but I've outgrown Nintendo." Wtf. So anyway, they need a gimmick because trying to do the exact same thing that Sony and Microsoft are doing isn't going to help them. People have their preconceived notions and won't align with Nintendo because of that. Nintendo has to do something to try and impress everyone in an effort to at least get people to buy their console as a secondary system.

i noticed they didn't show any families/kids in the Switch trailer and it was clearly marketed at young adults.

that + the fact they are advertising a Mario Kart game, a major Zelda game at launch, teasing a new major Mario game, a 3rd party AAA title (Skyrim), taking away any focus on gimic controllers and marketing it as something that is clearly not 'Wii' related all point to them getting their shit together when it comes to marketing this time around. i really hope it succeeds but who knows.

SOLD!

I didn't buy a Wii U and ive been pretty pissed that I've not played the HD versions of Zelda games

I didn't buy a 3DS either and missed the the "3D" versions

I'm only presuming that all these will be available via Nintendo eShop and run on the switch? 

Edited by miim

Guest bitroast

^ i would assume so too. looking at the quality of those games.. in tandem with how poorly the thing sold. seems like the perfect opportunity to get heaps of content on the switch.

"In an internal sales representative meeting, someone projected that we would sell close to 100 million Wii U systems worldwide,” Kimishima said to investors recently. “The thinking was that because Wii sold well, Wii U would follow suit.”

Through March, Nintendo has sold 12.8 million Wii U units worldwide

The Wii U with a Pro Controller was basically an Xbox 360 that played Nintendo games, no gimmick. You can do the same here.

Guest bitroast

The Wii U with a Pro Controller was basically an Xbox 360 that played Nintendo games, no gimmick. You can do the same here.

yeah. the big 2 things holding the wii u back was lack of 3rd party support, which hopefully with this doing well + being a stronger system won't be as big an issue. the other thing was nintendo being super persistent in pushing the gamepad gimmicks into everything they did. like, star fox zero almost being a good game but requiring the gamepad to control without an option to just use a pro controller. which again, this system doesn't really have any controller gimmicks. 

unless you wanna call it being a portal system a gimmick. but that just means games running on the system will need to be playable in the portable configuration which again just means using a standard as fuck controller. 

good news all round i think :^)

Thing is that WiiU did open with decent 3rd party support (ZombiU and Assassins Creed by Ubisoft, Call of Duty by Activision, Batman Arkham City by Warner Bros) ... but, well not sure what happened - that just seemed to vanish !

Guest bitroast

i think it's the combination of .. porting games to wii u being an active process that cost devs time and money, plus the wii u selling super poorly and having a near non-existant userbase in the greater scheme of things. why spend time+money to develop on wii u when noones gonna buy it ?

ie this

"In an internal sales representative meeting, someone projected that we would sell close to 100 million Wii U systems worldwide,” Kimishima said to investors recently. “The thinking was that because Wii sold well, Wii U would follow suit.”

Through March, Nintendo has sold 12.8 million Wii U units worldwide

Edited by bitroast

The wireless abilities are really exciting to me, something like having a Pokemon battle against a random stranger you meet while out, having an on the go Mario Kart GP, trading supplies with other Zelda, RPG or Animal Crossing players. As Nintendo seems to have recently realized, Esports could be huge for them, if it has a built in team ability like for Splatoon, that could revolutionize their multiplayer policies. Miis will also definitely fit into the OS somehow, as will My Nintendo and Amiibo.